It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A movie where...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
When I sat through the Lord of the Rings trilogy, after reading the books.. I had a hunger to be able to experience what it would have been like if Sauron had won.

I wanted to see the smallest and biggest details of the horror and mind numbing sorrow of oppression, that you sortof got a feel for, but seemed to want more.

I would like to see an epic movie like this involving an extremely powerful and modern government. And just take it to the extreme.

I envision a massive power glooming over the opressed from a colossal Podium jutting into the sky.

I would also like to see a highly detailed ET movie made in the same way..
Like make it realistic and what we now beleive might be fact. Take us to the greys advanced civilization on zeti reticula.

I would really like to see massive opression though, Nothing scarier really, like some of those nazi germany documentaries.

these movies would rake in alot of money if they were made well. all there are is crap movies lately.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It has been awhile since I have watched a good movie..

And frustrating that the "humans" always triumph...

Like in the movie "Signs" where you have intergalactic space travelers that can't open a door and did not research the planet enough to know that H20 would kill them..

It was supposed to be a serious movie and wound up funny

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
with our current money problems I don't think we'll be able to see too many big budget movies in theatres in the future. I hope I'm wrong because I don't want standards to slip.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

We might be surprised...

It's funny how the worse it gets, the more people need a distraction..

Just sitting around thinking of your life savings draining away is not healthy..

Movies are a woderful life distraction

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yeah I kind of thought of it like that too just then. I think more expensive luxuries like concerts and events will be effected. I know for a fact that a lot of promoters are having problems selling out concerts where I live. The only movie i'm waiting for this year to come out is Transformers 2. Sure the last film didnt follow the transformer lore, but hey everything else was perfect in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

What's your take on DVD's coming out so quickly after the release of the movie?

Is it just me, or did it seem like we used to have to wait a couple of years and now just a few months and I can watch it on my Big Screen at home?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I've totally noticed this also and that a lot of movies don't even make it on to the cinemas but are released straight to dvd.

There are definitely several reasons for this. More and more people nowadays are building their own home theatre units with the release of huge plasma and lcd screens. (I can't complain). Also there losing sales when movies are released into cinemas and their copied onto internet for streaming and downloading purposes. So I think dvds are released quicker for these two and many other issues that I haven't had the time to think of lol..

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I think you are right on all points..

A lot of people, me included, don't even bother to rent when I can buy the movie when it first comes out for under 20.00

I would imagine a large percentage of their profit is from those sales

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darkangel831

It used to be a six to eight month wait for most blockbusters. Now it is four to six months before blockbuster movies are released. If a movie tanks at the box office, sometimes it is released quite soon, but some are held back until the memory of the bad box office is gone. Nowadays, the films do all their business upfront in a month and then leave the cinemas for good. Some of the smaller and sleeper films usually play in smaller numbers of screens so they stick around for months at a time.

Many studios are now holding their big hits for the holidays and other times when the can sell more units.

new topics

top topics

join