It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP -hearing F# ringing after meditating/crystals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
hello everyone,

recently I have started doing stuff ive never thought of doing before, such as drinking green tea, doing meditation, yoga and buying crystals.

in the last week i have been getting a ringing in my ears maybe 3 times a day that will only last for 5 to 10 seconds.

being a guitarist, I picked up my guitar and matched the note exactly. every time it is F#!!!!!

it is not a high F#, its more of a middle tone of F#.

i have read some stuff about F# being the same key as the heart chakra?? it is bang on F# no flat or sharp there, right in the middle.

does this mean anything? what am i supposed to do when i hear it? does anyone else have this as well?

i have never had any ringing in my ears my whole life until i have started being into these spiritual things. help

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
and you dont have ringing in your ears because you play your guitar too loud?

Im an dance music producer and i get ringing all the time cos i love my music louder than loud haha

Dont know what key it is though never measured

In fact pick up your guitar and write something straight from the heart...

[edit on 20-2-2009 by rufusthestuntbum]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
never had it before. i only play acoustic, so not any loud noise!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As your system is purified, and the sheaths (khosas) are cleansed and energized you will hear the "internal sounds". They will reflect in your consciousness the many dimensions of being that yoga and meditation activate.

In the sikh meditation these "sounds of the spheres" are known as Naam. In the Surat Shabad practices of Sants, they close the ears with the thumbs to "listen" to the beautiful "celestial harmonies". It is the highest meditation that is mentioned in the Jap-Ji of Guru Nanak.

Some say to focus on the sound with your right ear, as your left will draw you further from your center.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
thanks for this donpedros. i will look into this info.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
F# is supposedly the chord/tone of the earths own resonant frequency. Also happens to be one of my favorite chords to compose with-- so dynamic for piano players!

I'm not into meditating (though i probably should be) or any of the other things often considered part of the new age movement, but i also have a tendency to hear ringing tones clear as day in my mind. They can be high pitched and tinging, or at times so low it is reminiscent more of wind then a musical pitch. I've never thought to try to map out what the pitches are, but i definitely will have to and see what comes out!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

This is true but it one of the Siddhis that comes much later than an earlu practitioner, and is usually not one single sound as Op describes.

Op I have experienced this on my path, it is as well one of two things, if you have th karma for it or an especially ear trained or auditory mind as it sounds it could be the beggining of you hearing better, maybe becoming aware of noises at a distance that you couldnt before as you ground yourself and spread your awareness.

It also could be a bit of clauraudiance which means someone is talking about you on this plane, or you are hearing your guide attempting to make contact, it is also the noise heard when you leave your body and astrally project.

However I am nearly 99.9% sure it is none of these, it is just the mundane, you are an auditory person, you are for the first time in your life being mindful whilst not jumping from sense to sense, or thought to thought, until you can control it fully, probably for many years projections and such like fill this gap in thought as the mind is not used to the silence and generates such things, or it is a memory flashing up of a note you really liked or song or concert or whatever....

Try a visual meditation to break this strong aspect of your ID, focus awake dont let it go fuzzy on a flame or object, when you wander look again, dont think about anything just look at it it should help break this pattern.

Many visual people as well get images in their minds eye when they first meditate, same thing, though they too can be glimses of other stuff or siddhis though usually are mundane as mentioned in the early stages.

Keep on doing it well done

Elf

top topics

join