It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You cannot tell me reincarnation is not real!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I want to believe that reincarnation exists but I have one problem with the idea:

If more and more people are being born, and there is a population expansion in the world, where are all of the souls of coming from for all of these people? There would have to be a creation of new souls?

So a lot of us (or them or whoever) are just starting their 1st life here?

Does this make sense?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It really doesnt prove anything. Like whats already said, kids arent stupid, they are a lot more observant and whatnot than appear. And like has been mentioned, what you said was vague, doesnt mean a thing. When I was little I made a knot trying to tie my shoes and thought I had invented it. I thought the label on my cat's brush moved to the opposite side of the handle. I thought the rainbow made by the eyehole in my door was a spiritual sign. I could go on.

Ive had dreams that come true, as I understand it is called deja vu when it happens, doesnt mean its anything significant. ive had dreams of 'past lives' or whatever, and the future, doesnt mean they are real either.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated7

Ok, I won't waste my time or your time trying then (hee hee). Why bother posting that if your mind is so rock-solid made up that you are not open to an alternative explanation ?

Have you ever been to or seen on TV those, psychics or mediums, that have "familiar spirits", which tell them things that it's just impossible for a perfect stranger to know about one's self or family?

I have been to see some of these people, and it opened my eyes to a whole world that I thought was fantasy or make believe. Believe it or not but there are millions of people that believe in and practice magic, witchcraft, necromancy, divination, wizardry, if you add all these people together it is probably about one third of the world's popuklation, they can't all be crack-pots?

We live in a world we can see and are surrounded by a world we cannot see of secret energies and forces, powers of good and evil. God and Satan. The Bible mentions that all of the above has been going on for centuries, I lived near a place in the UK where the last witches were killed. Nowadays, it's cool to be a Devil Worshipper or take part in the Satanic Occult arts, back then they used to seek out and destroy workers of evil. Today however, they seek out and destroy people with faith in God, like Muslims and Christian Bible Believers.

Maybe, just maybe what you experienced was some of this knowledge coming to you through the spirit world ? This does not confirm life after death, and the Bible says that no-one is in heaven right now, not even David who was a man after God's own heart, they are all "sleeping" awaiting the return of Jesus Christ and the resurrection of the dead.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Unfortunately I do believe reincarnation happens for many people. Not all people. But many people. I am one of them. I have vivid recurring dreams of having been a child playing in a playground in England during WWII, with my mother* and her friends watching over us, but then we all blow up from a bomb dropped on us. I remember the airraid sirens and everything.

(* not my mother from this life)

I don't EVER want to come back again. But yes, i do believe that God can do what he wishes and that sometimes he allows (or sends) us back for some reason or other.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

well you see a growing population has nothing to do with having more souls to be created because there are probably trillions dead waiting for their chance at reincarnation also, so there wouldn't be a reason for new souls to be made, but it could be a possibility.... I'm sorry I'm not into the theory that if you die you go to heaven/hell because my first hand expierence leads me to believe otherwise..... My grandmother is a christian bible thumper, all there is to her is heaven/hell and I guess hell is obviously where i'm going in her belief lol..... The only question about reincarnation I have now is how to make it happen when the time comes.....

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by haika
I want to believe that reincarnation exists but I have one problem with the idea:

If more and more people are being born, and there is a population expansion in the world, where are all of the souls of coming from for all of these people? There would have to be a creation of new souls?

So a lot of us (or them or whoever) are just starting their 1st life here?

Does this make sense?

This is how I have kind of observed this odd quirk of reincarnation and how it relates to souls.

It appears that God as a centralized point of focus, is the prime soul which divided itself up into many parts which inevitably became each one of us right now.

There seems to be one soul, which then divides into two, four and onward into all the souls participating as us in this reality.

Ironically, one becoming many is also metaphorically represented in nature as a cell divides into a life form, which represents one, becoming many to become one again.

When we go through these cycles of personality development we unfold from the one, into many parts, and refold back into the one again.

It seems that there are groupings, and we each belong also to a group, and from that we remember some other life that the group participates in.

Inevitably we will all become One again, and then repeat the process of division into all manners of experiences.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It is real in a sense, but it is also not real.

Reincarnation in the sense that when we die we incarnate as another person is not real. Where is the logic in that, what about families and loves and bonds that are created in those lifetimes. Are the lost forever and only replaced by new memories. Are we forced to start lives with old karma that inhibits us from reaching a Divine enlightenment state?

This is the truth...This is our only life on this world, we do not come back life after life. Our journey starts here, and now...

When we come into this world, we are a pure entity as a soul. It is through our life experiences that we shape our soul and personality. This is what we will have when we pass over.

These lifetimes and memories that you have are real. But they are not yours, they are someone else.

You see, once we are born, and once we reach a certain age usually around the age of 4-7, but this can stretch to as long as 16 years old. It all depends on our first moral decision, that is when we receive a thought adjuster, the ultimate guide. We are given a thought adjuster after we make our first moral decision.

The thought adjuster comes directly from God! This thought adjuster has been given different names thought the history of the world...the pilot light, mystery monitor, Father Fragment, atman, inner light, and most notably it has been called the higher self.

You see once we die, and depending on the persons attainment to the thought adjuster they can chose to fuse with it. In other words to ascend! But when a person chooses not to fuse with the thought adjuster, it is then sent back to earth and inhabits the mind of another person. At certain times depending on the development of the person or the situation, it may be necessary for the memories of the past life the thought adjuster to be given to the person the thought adjuster inhabits. The thought adjusters can range from supreme adjusters, these are the ones with many lives under their belt. And virgin adjusters, these are the ones with just a few or none at all.

Urantia book:
en.wikipedia.org...

The mission of the Thought Adjusters to the human races is to represent, to be, the Universal Father to the mortal creatures of time and space; that is the fundamental work of the divine gifts. Their mission is also that of elevating the mortal minds and of translating the immortal souls of men up to the divine heights and spiritual levels of Paradise perfection. And in the experience of thus transforming the human nature of the temporal creature into the divine nature of the eternal finaliter, the Adjusters bring into existence a unique type of being, a being consisting in the eternal union of the perfect Adjuster and the perfected creature which it would be impossible to duplicate by any other universe technique.

Not many races in the universe have a thought adjuster! it is a supreme gift!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by ATSGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join