It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You cannot tell me reincarnation is not real!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ok I live in pennsylvania and when I was 4 or so, I went to a local museum and while I was there with my parents we came across a native american part of the museum. I remember coming across things that looked familiar to me and my mother started asking me questions about what we as Indians did, I told her the whole nine yards that we ate maze, slept in tee pee's and what not. That wasn't the end of it though we came across a Indian skeleton and when i was there i pointed to him and said he was my friend, I explained how he had died by being struck with a rock in his head..... Sure enough that is exactly what had happened said the museum person.... To put the final nail in the coffin the guy asked my mother if I wanted to go watch him be buried because he needed a proper burial but she never took me, that museum does not exist now and it is one of my fondest memories.... As for me there is not one skeptic that can tell me this has not happened to me!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If this happened when you were four then I’d imagine you picked up your knowledge of Native Americans unconsciously from various sources (TV, books, the museum etc); tepees and such are pretty common knowledge even for a very young child. The curator of the museum / tour guide was probably humouring you about the specific skeleton’s back-story; I mean he’s not going to squash some young kid’s enthusiasm for the sake of accuracy.

I’d also suggest that you’re looking back on it with somewhat rose tinted glasses. I remember when I was four and making some pens magically disappear! They didn’t of course, it’s just what I wanted to believe at the time and it’s that belief that stuck with me.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
keep in mind I had no clue what the indians did or ate or how they lived when I was 4 years old, I've also had a dream when I was younger also pertaining to a indian background, but believe me I wasn't exposed to much of anything indian at that age.... You can believe me or not, but I will hold this true until the day I die..

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
My now 6 yr old daughter told me when she was 4 that she use to be big before. I did not guide her in anyway but let her tell her story. She said this often then one day, became extreamly upset and even shaking. I asked what was wrong and she said her mommy and daddy were dead. I was like honey, we're right here we're not dead and she said no mommy, before, my other mommy & daddy. She went on to say there was a lot of rain, wind, and a loud continuous BOOM she said. Excitingly she went on to say that the roof in the kitchen went up into the air, including the sink, and.... her parents. She was very animated and was showing me with her arms a swirling motion. My four year old just described a tornado IMO. I gently asked her if she died and she said no, she was okay. But she was so upset with grief. I hugged her and dropped the subject as not to further upset her. My daughter is a high fuctioning autistic child and in the deepest of my heart believe her - it wasn't something contrived, it was a memory of hers. She claims also to remember being born. As with most of us, the older she gets the less in touch she is with these memories. When she was younger and talking about being born, I asked her if she remembered where she was before being born, she said in the dark in your tummy and I said no, before then and she said the most astonishing thing!! She said yes she remembered but, she was allowed to tell me!!!??? From a four year old?!

Myself, I've even gone through a regression but no results. At the time, I was going through a trial as I was victim of a violent crime. The regressor stated I may have had interactions in the past with the perp and it was 'blocking' me. *shrug*

I'd like to know what era or times others feel a certain tie to. My intuition tells me one of my life lessons is to break out of isolation - something I still have yet to achieve but seems to most definatly be a theme. I feel as if perhaps I was a scribe, a monk. I feel most attracted to recent eras of the victorian era and even the 60's even tho I was born in 67. A lot of peeps died in Vietnam so I recon I coulda just come right back around.

I have a serious fear of bridges, fireworks (reminds me of war), and air raid sirens. I have other fears (like clowns lol) but these are the ones that seem to stir something deep in me. Once, me and the husband were on a tirp to a neighboring state. He took the scenic route and all of a sudden I said 'OMG, I've been here before, there was flood, I saw it!' When we got home, I researched the area and found there had been a serious flood in 1904. Intresting.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Pennsylvanian Indians ate maze and lived in teepees?

I didn't know that.

Funny how this sounds just like my story.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I live by the susquehanna river and there were a lot of articfacts found around the area I live in, thus being put in the particular local museum.... So to my knowledge it would have had to have a indian past life in this same region...... I think anyways..

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I believe reincarnation is real. But unfortunatly believing a small child can be hard. My nephew has the most over board imagination ive ever seen. Hes constantly using his wizard powers, talking in a language ive never heard. Hes constantly criticizing my cooking, and a few weeks ago he told me i should of put another bay leaf and a pinch of chili powder in to heaten things up in my chili. He just turned 4. And I have a my level 3 cooking.

Little Kids can be hard to judge, you never know what they are thinking. Throughout my childhood I was always laid back, and philosophical. Maybe I was a buddist in my past life? or just lazy...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated7

Sure I can !!

Reincarnation is NOT real !!

see...I just did it ! all I did was put my mind to it and "presto" I told you reincarnation is not real.

I don't buy it for a second....there is no afterlife...there is no reincarnation and there is no "god".

AG

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

So let me get this straight... We just cease to exist after we die? No heaven? no hell? no reincarnation.? no anything? If this is the case... wow, life my be real pointless for you then...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by scorps

Why would life be pointless for someone who doesn't believe in an afterlife, the whole point of that life should then to be experience all that one can. Go skydiving, see the wonders of the ancient worlds, or you can sit around waiting, being a pious little person waiting for the big payoff to come in a handfull of decades.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Well, you do make a good point.

But, for me at least one thing that I thought would always be neat is to look back on your life, see your accomplishments, and how much you got out of it. Or you can just like you said...

you can sit around waiting, being a pious little person waiting for the big payoff to come in a handfull of decades.

I think theres more to life then just living life and dying, both physicaly and spiritualy.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by scorps]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scorps

Meh, I'm an agnostic, I don't know what happens, nor will I ever profess to know what happens. I was just making the point that life without sequel isn't pointless.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Somehow I always believed in reincarnation and I have spent the last 2 years to understand more about the cycle next to other spiritual believes. The Bhagavad Gita was the first work I read that actually takes reincarnation for granted, and to rise into higher planes/realms, we have to unbound ourselves from reincarnation to be truly free souls (only possible as a humanbeing). The Bhagavad Gita also states that any doings in this life will have impacts on the next life. A positive person will more likely be reborn as a positive being in the afterlife, and the other way around. It also says that any soul freed from reincarnation is a step closer to "god".

Interesting indeed.
Take a look at the Bhagavad Gita, it has helped me spiritually a lot, although I don't see myself as a complete believer or worshiper of Krishna.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Clairaudience]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My father was a well-educated man who had a strong belief in reincarnation. I am as of yet undecided on the subject.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by TheAvenger]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My six year old son talks of his "old family" all the time. He had a brother, sister, mother, and father. they all died a long time ago. He's fascinated with very old pictures of family ( circa 1887-1910 ). He can tell you their names better than he can his generation.

The mother had six kids in all. Most of them died. Two of them haven't yet ( they'd be about 125 years old at this time ). One of them played basketball in Rupp Arena for the Kentucky Wildcats ( 100 years before it was built ). Another was a singer for Pink Floyd. He wanted to play with U2, but they wouldn't let him. He wasn't good enough. The one who played basketball is still playing occasionally at Rupp Arena. Apparently he's still in college. The youngest kid, who was his great-great-grandfather, looks just like him. It is weird. He also lived the longest, which gives me hope.

Kids at that age pick up information in amazing ways. They also haven't quite seperated fact from fantasy, as they really don't know what reality is yet. My guess is the kid saw something on tv, it interested him, and he grabbed onto every little detail he could. Being as a lot of our "knowledge" of Indians is very stereotyped, and the fact the information he relayed is stereotyped, I'm guessing he saw a Western and mimicked it. It's as real to him as you are.

No one has ever gone beyond the spiritual aspects of reincarnation. There is absolutely no physical reason to believe it occurs. Your conscience starts functioning in a semi-human way well after you're born. Why should we assume that well after you're dead it has materialized in some way that it could be transplanted into another person well after they were born? I mean, think about it. If reincarnation were true, newborns would be college educated at birth. But rather, the evidence for reincarnation is some people have detailed memories of things they could have seen on tv. It's just not compelling to those who don't believe.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Reincarnation is real as much you want it to be real...

so, if you believe reincarnation happens, it will happen to you

yes, it's that simple...

... you don't have to go through reincarnation cycles if you don't want to

and that is the secret of this Universe: if you believe it will happen, it will happen

only pure unconditional love is real, everything else is an illusion (reincarnation included)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
"Reincarnation is real as much you want it to be real...
so, if you believe reincarnation happens, it will happen to you
yes, it's that simple..."

Man, what an elucidating post. I get it, it states that you are a great savant. But what about expanding a bit on what you claim, just for the lowly ground staff. You know exactly, hardly anybody is going to understand your contribution, so what’s the use of it? Don’t we already have enough of those magnificent “I-know-everything–and-I-give-you-a-hint-but-sorry -I-can’t-explain-anything-because-in-about-5-minutes-I’ll-have-to-leave-Earth”-posters?

No, it's certainly not "that simple". If you write about a “secret”, expand on it somewhat. For instance:
- I assume you know humans live in some kind of “matrix prison”. Some say this prison even extends into after life (4Th dimension, astral level or like). Now excuse me, but I don’t think it’'ll be THAT easy to escape it.
- What about humans who believe there’s “nothing” after death. Will there be just “nothing” for them, just because they thought so? Sounds a bit too simplistic.
- What about those who admit they're uncertain about what happens after death, will they be hovering forever in the "I don't know" sphere?
- What about those who think they will incarnate as the next Pope. Will they be the next Pope? Holy ...
- Or, for instance, what about the alleged “karma" consequences issue. Was this all just made up by false gods? Has it any significance for afterlife/next incarnations whether somebody lived as a mass murderer or as a philanthropist? And what if that mass murderer believes he's lead a wonderful life and should/will be rewarded for it by getting a fabulous next incarnation, will he be rewarded as expected, just because he expected it?

[edit on 20-2-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
"...only pure unconditional love is real, everything else is an illusion..."

Really? Everything else is an illusion?

So tell a starving child: "Don't care, be happy, dying a miserable death is just an illusion!"

So tell a husband who's lost his job, can't find a new one, and can't nourish his family anymore: "Just don't care, having no money, losing one's family, is just an illusion, no problem."

So tell a paralyzed car accident victim: "Don't worry, not to be able to move a limb for the rest of your life is just an illusion, be relaxed, take it easy!"

[edit on 20-2-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Reincarnation, is not real.
I guess you are incorrect.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated7

I totally know it's real, like yourself, I remember living before this life.

I have a in depth thread on another forum: Reincarnation Thread

There is no question in my mind at all, that we do not reincarnate. We most certainly do. And have for a very long time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join