It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Finding Alien Life Could Mean for YOU?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ahh,To me it would mean more people to share earth with.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
ok, 10am- proof of intelligent life in universe dicovered

10:10 am- aliens reported to not be christian.

10:15 am- first missionaries sent to aliens

10:19 am- first missonaries sent back

10: 20am- scientology rejoices for the return of L.R. Hubbard

10:25am- scientology declares aliens sp due to aliens never heard of him
10:30am- aliens declare peaceful intentions.

10:45am- islam declares jihad

10:50am- first coke machine in mothership

11am- class action lawsuit filed for unlawful imprisonment. against aliens by entire state of kentucky

11:30am- counter suit filed by aliens against groom lake facility in u.s.

11:45am- skeptics try to convince the aliens that they dont exist, bigfoot unable to be reached for comment.

12 noon- aliens wise up and leave earth due to theire grey skin could be seen as copyright infringement by whitley strieber

12:05pm- aliens survive earth contact but are unable to get out of binding endorsement deal by nike and gatorade thus all further contacts by the aliens are required to begine with "is it in you?" thus no other races will speak with them due to NOT wanting it in them.

end of line

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Finding any alien life in my lifetime would be monumental to say the least..no im not talking about intelligent,flying around in spaceships type alien life as i dont think we will be seeing that for quite some time and i dont think aliens are visiting us either before anyone brings that up.But finding complex organisms would make me die a happy man to say the least.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There is about to be a show on bbc radio 4 about the possibility of alien life...

This was the prime time bbc1 advert just shown.

It will be available on bbc iplayer after the show for a week for those interested.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
ESA (why not?) manages somehow to get a probe into the oceans of europa (the moon, not the continent) They find reproducing squishy things. They take fotos. publish them.

Half of all the christians in the world will immediately commit suicide, the other half will rennounce their faith, since nowhere in the bible it says "And god went to europa and created squishy reproducing things under the ice" ... atheists in all the world will wonder how it has escaped the christians for 2000 years that the bible doesnt say anything about god creating cats either.

80% of the workforce will stop working immediately assuming that the squishy things under the ice will pay their bills.

All universities worldwide will close after a conference is held where the subject of squishy things studying is relegated to biologists. After a vote it is agreed that the squishy things look somehow kinda yucky, and to minimize exposure to those ugly things it would be best to shut down science completely.

Now, remember the 50% of christians who did not commit suicide? They dont go to church anymore and get extremely bored, and start to form roaming bands on sundays pillaging and burning and chanting "You were right all along" to idols of darwin.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
For many, disclosure of other intelligent life may not shake their faith in God or a higher intelligence, but it will certainly shake the very foundations of organized religion.

It's a shame human nature is so easily manipulated by those who understand it.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunchbox1979
ok, 10am- proof of intelligent life in universe dicovered

10:10 am- aliens reported to not be christian.

10:15 am- first missionaries sent to aliens

10:19 am- first missonaries sent back

10: 20am- scientology rejoices for the return of L.R. Hubbard

10:25am- scientology declares aliens sp due to aliens never heard of him
etc etc etc

Brilliant, Lunchbox. Sublime, satirical and ridiculous all at once

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

thanks, just trying to keep things not too serious, i really like this thread, and hopeing it doesnt get trolled

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

For many, disclosure of other intelligent life may not shake their faith in God or a higher intelligence, but it will certainly shake the very foundations of organized religion.

It's a shame human nature is so easily manipulated by those who understand it.

Why? Organized religion got away with quite a bit in the past millenia. It doesnt seem to bother them that the bible account of creation doesnt mention quite a few things we know exist today. So what would an addition to that already long list do? afaik adam and eve had two sons, no daughters, yet you dont see christians running around in panic wondering who's illusion they are since the human species obviously died out there and then ...

sty

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

you are right , organised religion claimed the earth is flat. They killed people for contradicting this statement. Then , we are 100% sure the Earth is not flat - however the organised religion still exists. With one change: they hard to review their doctrine and re-interpret the scriptures. Finally they found that even the book of Job from the Bible claimed the Earth is indeed round .
So my opinion: the organised religion will exist as long as humans exist. The organised religion will adapt to change (as it allways did ) , re-interpret itself and maybe even find that "o, it was allways in our holy book but we did not see it"
As a christian myself (liberal christian) I belive that thw Bible does not claim there is no life outside Earth . Actually I belive that if the universe was tuned to harbour life, then the Universe must be filled with life indeed . The basic foces of the universe were tuned and designed to allow the evolution of chemicals , from basic particles to colmlex molecules and sure life. It is a bit like the fractals, where a simple rule can generate infinite mathematical complexity - and we are a part of this infinite generated complexity:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
reply to post by only onus

NASA Astrobiology Institute recently held a three-day workshop

well, it looks like NASA is interested in what would be the impact if they would tell us about life out-there..

sorry, I forgot to add the full article:

space.com

[edit on 19-2-2009 by sty]

What it means to me is that NASA has lied for so long. They get billions a month for looking for life on other planets. They have already found life according to the UK hacker who hacked into NASA and found all the images are photo shopped anyway. Well NASA get's paid so if they "deny" it they still get paid but if they accept NASA's program is over.

It's greed.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Couldn't the word alien be just a racial slur.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
to me it would mean that I was right and "they" were wrong.

After a few lols, we could all get on with life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join