It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i can not find a job to save my life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i go out every day and put in applications and have registered with all the temp services around here. they have me go through all their paperwork and watch their safety videos and then tell me to have a nice day. we'll call you if something comes up.
i am going for the light industrial/assembly spots cause i am pretty mechanically inclined as i was a mechanic for the past 9 years but nothing is popping up.
i am afraid that if nothing breaks soon i am going to have to resort to fast food and i really don't want to do that. fast food is a hard ass job and you don't make good money at all. that is my last resort and it is getting to that.
on march 4th i am going to the human services job network to see about a truck driving school they offer. that is really what i want to do. i want to be over the road and alone making money, seeing different places.

it just seems like no matter what i do i can't get ahead. life really sucks right now. what else can i do

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That bites...have you tried registering at sites like Monster.com, etc.?
That's where I got my current job...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Craigs List ?

Just throwing out ideas.

Good luck man.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Good luck to you on this.It must be a nightmare for you and my heart goes out to you my friend.Just try to stay positive and hopefully you'll achieve your dream.I'ts the same in the uk-all the jobs are fast food or care assistants.So many people are losing jobs every day,I'ts soul destroying.Goddam the corrupt bankers and the like that have caused this scenario.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hey Brother!
Might I be so bold as to give you some advice?
Let's see. I've followed your threads for a little while now. Cichlids. Music. Tattoos. Bro, you have a pretty cool spectrum of interests. All of which you are darn near an expert! Now here comes the advice. You cannot change the past. S--- happens. It stinks, but there is nothing you or anyone else can do to change it. Focus on the future! FOCUS!
I read your posts, and have for quite awhile. I dig your style. Aside from thinking that Frank is better than Jimi, I agree with you.

Don't ever stop believing in yourself. EVER.

I BELIEVE IN YOU.

I will say this, and it is not the nicest thing to say, but I will say it. You have a gift. You are smart, and passionate in your beliefs. In my book that makes you pretty freakin' cool. That being said, stop feeling sorry for yourself. You're too dog-gone tough to be where you're at. You don't even realize what you have to offer.
My Pop-Pop said to me when I was down and out. "Who cares what anyone else thinks? Find what you are good at, and exceed every single expectation. It's the ulitimate justice. Just do it!"

I give you the same advice.
Listen to me Bro'. If you take the first step, then I will be by your side when you take every single other.

Truer words have never been spoken.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Wow fantastic advice.

I was in that boat a few years ago. I think everyone goes through this situation at one time or another. Hang in there.

This too shall pass.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

At the risk of 'spamming' - I agree with Lombozo.

I've been following you too, and often think if only I had some good advice or could wave a magic wand for you, I'd do it.

Please keep believing in yourself and be sure that you'll come through this a stronger person.

new topics

top topics

join