It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY cartoon appears to link Obama to dead chimp

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by riff_raff

Ah yes, good old Chuck Heston, also known as "Guns and Moses".
He has been known to shoot an ape or two in his time.

But you also must not forget about these productive members of the Chimp Society.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
In response to the cartoon:

Normally I would be upset about taking such a shot at someone but since this is in what I assume to be mainstream media I am not.
The cartooon is meant to upset and anger us and get us to support and defend Obama.
Most media is on the same side and this is no exception. It's just propaganda from another direction.

(if this has been mentioned previously I apologize, I'm just stating my views on the subject)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by riff_raff

Where's Roddy McDowall when you need him?

Or Chuck Heston? Damn apes..........

Only an idiot would assume that the chimp in that cartoon was suppose to be Obama. It's obvious the chimp is Nancy Pelosi.

Besides, comparing that cartoon chimp to Obama is an insult to the achievements of the Chimp-American community. Look at what Chimp-Americans have achieved in the fields of medical science as guinea pigs, in the field of space flight (Maj. Tom- America's first astronaut), and in the field of entertainment (Lancelot Link- Secret Chimp and Reagan's co-star in Bedtime for Bonzo). Compare that to Obama's flimsy resume as a "community organizer".

I hereby demand a public apology from the Rev. Al Sharpton.

The NAACH truly appreciates your support in this matter it is truly disgusting how chimpanzees are treated in the media! We will no longer stand for the blatant disregard for there civil rights. To compare them with the stupidity of humans is truly a blatant disregard of all the advancements chimpanzees have made to our society. And we will be requesting a formal apology from REV Al Sharpton for his racist (or specist) behavior! If this doesnt work we will start calling for boycots!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It kinda struck me that they were saying that the stimulus bill was written by monkeys. Didn't immediately strike me as racist. After I saw the news stories, I understood how it could be MISCONSTRUED. Insensitive and thoughtless maybe, racist? I don't really think so. Think the poor cartoonist just stepped in it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Being compared to the Democratic national party leadership is cruelty to animals - where are the ASPCA when you really, really need them?

Considering all of the really violent cartoon depictions of Bush over the past nine years, I think Murdoch and the Post should have ignored these a-holes. Nothing they can say will make the Perpetual Entitlement lobby happy, anyway. If someone waved a wand and eliminated racism, these guys would be busy - as they are now - misconstruing and exaggerating everything a prominent person of European ancestry says. Their livelihood depends on the constant perception of racism whether it exists or not.

Don Imus has a show on satellite TV (on the RFD channel) and I recorded the interview he had with Kinky Friedman after the "God-Damn America" sermon at Obama's church story broke out.

Man, I felt good for Imus - he was feeling vindicated for the first time since being driven off of major market radio for a offhand, unpremeditated remark. The man was trying to speak street slang and screwed up - and again, when the African-American community addresses all the racism and violence, and glorification of pimping and drug trafficking (and there's a ton of it) in rap music and other entertaiment aimed at African-Americans, they can get back to us about stuff that well-meaning old guys say by accident and cartoons about shot chimpanzees.

The hypocrisy of the "community leaders" who are screaming as though they'd been shot instead in incredible. When they stop promoting racism by lying about how much of is there is in the country these days, I'll listen to them. Until then, it's noise, and not honest traffic sounds and hot dog eaters passing gas, either. More like bass notes from lowriders outside your house at 11:00 at niight.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Murky]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by riff_raff

Where's Roddy McDowall when you need him?

Or Chuck Heston? Damn apes..........

You didn't capture the full flavor of the tagline.

It's "dirty damn apes!"

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's a CARTOON - last time I checked, cartoons are not WMDs. Unfortunately, you have to use your brain to determine such an equation...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The cartoon can be viewed as racist of not. Blacks will generally find it racist and whites won't. And that creates more division in the country. Is division ever a good thing in a country like ours?

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join