It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas joins the club of States telling the Federal Government to Stand Down

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Like the song says "God Bless Baja Oklahoma", we're proud of our lil' southern brother. Keep up the good work

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We all need to contact our state Reps. and Congressmen and let them know we are ready! Get a copy of your states Constitution or charter and see if it has a provision for a citizen malitia, if so. Call your Gov. office and tell them you want to form this malitia, nothing like a standing army to get a message across! (not meaning the national guard)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
To those who say these declarations mean nothing, that depends on the citizens backing it. I grew up in Kalifornia and am currently in Hawaii and their declarations are a complete #ing joke and should be mocked. These people KNOW Obaaammmaaa can do no wrong. And even if they do wake up EVENTUALLY what guns they have are already registered and will have been confiscated. I'm leaving for Texas asap.

The bankers will not give up without a fight. With our troops overseas, foreign assets will be called in to patrol our streets...
"COSCO, the China Ocean Shipping Company, which is the Merchant Marine arm of the Chinese Navy, working hand-in-hand with Hutchinson-Whampoa in establishing a huge transshipment center in Freeport, Bahamas, just off the Florida coast. This huge complex contains some of the biggest cranes in the world, plus hundreds upon hundreds of Sealift containers the size of semi-trucks being stored there. When I see this I can’t help but think of Diego Garcia, our forward deployment base in the Pacific.
It is well known in the military that the easiest thing to move is troops. The hardest to move is material. You can order troops to march onto a ship or airplane, but it takes forklifts, cranes and manpower to move supplies. By forward deploying your logistics you are already half a battle ahead." www.riflewarrior.com...

As for uniting, Obama has given us a true chance. Imagine the Jesse Jacksons followers (the vast majority of black people) reaction if a white president that dealt the final # you America, vs a black man dealing the final blow and the majority of a race realizing this isn't about black or white. Thanks to Obama we have a true chance at uniting for survival. As for the criminal invaders (if your mexican and love America you don't fall in to this catagory), well they could care less about America and will be the parasites looting, raping (look into the sex trade section on the USBP non government site), and stabbing you over a sack of groceries (stabbing over insignificant reasons is part of thier culture, look into mexicos murder rate).

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by uspatriot109

Texas already has an army and an air force!

No joke to you other states.

Texas State Guard This is not to be confused with the US Army National Guard.

The Texas State Guard (TXSG) is one of three branches of the Texas Military Forces (TXMF), reporting to The Texas Adjutant General located at Texas Military Forces HQ, Camp Mabry (Austin), Texas. The Commander in Chief of the Texas Military Forces is the Governor of Texas. The other two branches are the Texas Army National Guard (TXARNG) and the Texas Air National Guard (TXANG).

The quote below can be found here.

The TXSG has four major Sub-Commands: Army, Air, Maritime and Medical.

"TEXANS SERVING TEXAS"

Army - To provide trained soldiers for Defense Support to Civil Authorities (DSCA), support the Texas Army National Guard, and non-governmental organizations (NGO).

Air - The mission of the Air Wings is to provide mission-capable airmen as a force multiplier for the Texas Air National Guard and for other missions in support of homeland security through Defense Support to Civil Authorities (DSCA).

Maritime - The mission of the Texas Maritime Regiment (TMR) is provide highly trained military personal for Defense Support to Civil Authorities (DSCA), for operations in the maritime, littoral, and riverine environments in support of homeland defense and in response to man-made or natural disasters.

Medical - The mission of the Texas Medical Brigade (TMB) is to augment health and medical support in times of need. TMB maintains a highly trained force that is rapidly deployable to provide appropriately qualified Health, Medical and Support personnel in accordance with the Defense Support of Civil Authorities (DSCA) missions.

Just some key facts about the Texas State Guard. We do not leave Texas. US armed forces cannot call Texas State Guard and send them away to fight some war on foreign soil. (Oklahoma is about as foreign as we like!)

Does the term, "Don't Mess with Texas" give new meaning to any of ya'll Yankees?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
sure hope Florida does the same thing soon. Doubt it though, too many close zionist ties, as well as to the bush family.

www.disinfomatrix.com

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
26 States Now!

Check this out. This Site has a map of the various states who have or are planning to introduce a bill asserting state sovereignty. Also a link to an article from The Tolbert Report which includes a video of New Hampshire State Representative Daniel Itse, cosponsor of New Hampshire's HCR6 on the Glen Beck show. The article containing information on HCR1011, a resolution affirming the sovereignty of the state of Arkansas under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which was filed by Rep. Debra Hobbs (R-Rogers). The resolution goes on to say that this is to serve as “Notice and Demand to the federal government, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated powers.”
Source www.mrstep.com.... This seems to have become a movement.

Arkie

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
And you think the the TV series Jericho was BS.
Everyday I see more and more reasons why it was pulled of the air.

I love my Texas state flag zippo, and im an Aussie. Go Texas!

Texas would be the only state I would live in if I moved to your country.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

"No you are absolutely correct. The Constitution prohibits annexation of a Sovereign Nation such as Texas was at the time. However this was over looked because of the large chunk of land that was annexed that was seen as necessary for the goal of expansion."

Don't forget that they did this to Hawaii too.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Originally posted by nataylor
This isn't a bill, it's a non-binding resolution. It doesn't create any legal obligations on anyone or anything. It's basically just a way for the Legislature to say "we agree with this statement."

Heck, the Texas Legislature once passed a resolution honoring the Boston Strangler: www.snopes.com...

Indeed, this stuff is as strong as tissue paper in the rain. Totally without teeth or resolve. Hardly even news worthy in my opinion.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Helmkat]

Wait a minute. Congress has been making "resolutions" right and left in the last few decades....and most especially lately since the "war on terror" began. And those "resolutions" certainly have been very binding!

In the Constitution, it clearly states that only Congress can declare war. Yet, since Vietnam...or was it Korea?....we have been in police actions, and un-official wars right and left. And what does Congress do, over and over again, when our presidents want to go to war? They vote on some stupid resolution, saying basically, "Ok, we support you, Mr. President, and your right to send troops overseas." But they do not declare war, officially.

Yet, then we call these actions wars...such as the "Vietnam War" and the "War on Terror", which in my opinion, is totally unconstitutional.

So, even thought these states are making technically "non-binding resolutions" declaring their sovreignty, there is a legal presedence (on the national level!), that when a legislative body makes a non-binding resolution....it is indeed "binding", even if it is technically callled a "non-binding" resolution.

This is my opinion of what these state's governors should do next, in case anyone cares:

Since we are NOT technically at war, because Congress did not officially declare war with anyone, the states governors should call back all the National Guard units that are over there in the middle east, and post them along the southern border with Mexico ASAP.

Why? Because for those of you who don't live along the Mexican border (like I do), I'm guessing that a total all out civil war within Mexico is not too far away. And what does that mean? About 100 million Mexican refugess may be swarming our border any day now, wanting to get out of a corrupt country, that is now becoming even more corrupt and insanely violent and is very close to being completely controlled by drug lords.

Which means, if another Mexican civil war does break out, and these Mexican refugees swarm our borders, my guess is that there are going to be a lot of gun-happy US citizens who are going to take that oppportunity to protect their country (because a lot of people are fed up with the US not protecting our southern border), and then shots will be fired, chaos will erupt, and we will have yet another Mexican-American war on our hands. And where will our troops be if the governors do not bring them back?? Over in the middle east in another "not-technically-a-war" war.

Also, in my opinion, I think that there needs to be a Constitutional amendment saying that although the President of the US may be the Commander in Chief, he/she does NOT have the authority to send any troops to any other country unless we are officially "at war." (And Congress, according to the Constitution, is the only body that can declare a war.)

If we went back to the Constitution, we wouldn't be in these problems of our president (whoever he may be) getting all emotional sending our troops over-seas, wherever he sees fit, and having thousands of Americans killed (not to mention, thousands of non-Americans killed) at the whim of one person. And furthermore, if non-official wars didn't happen, we wouldn't end up getting so in debt, which is what contributed to this economic crisis.

The founders of our country put it in the Constitution that only CONGRESS could declare war....and my guess is that they did it that way to prevent something EXACTLY like this from happening!

So, the next step these states should do is call back all their National Guard units. And tell the President 'Hey, if you want to declare war against Afghanistan, then fine, declare war, and you can have my men. But no war, no men. We're going to put our NATIONAL GUARD where we need them the most.....guarding OUR NATION."

Having said all that, however, I am glad that FINALLY, some of our states' leaders are having the balls (and ovaries) to say "Enough is enough." At least they are finally doing something.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
reply to post by Albertarocks

Not insulted, brother. I see the lines being drawn which can only mean that someone wants to cross them.

Seeing all these states declare their 10th amendment rights reminds me of a fight on the school grounds. The bully (Feds) start pushing the little guy (us) and the little guy sticks out his chin defiantly (declaration of 10th amendment rights). I just hope we don't all get knocked on our collective a**.

Still, if the little guy doesn't stand up for himself he will continue to get his lunch money stolen, wedgied, and hung up on a locker hook. I think if the states stand United against the bully Fed we have a good chance of ending the swirlies once and for all.

That is a great metaphor. I'm still chuckling! LOL!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
States should already be forming their own militia or State run units so that the States that are claiming sovereignty are prepared and on the same page in case we have to revolt against the Federal security structure.

States already have an army under direct control of the governor of the state! Ever heard of the guard what do you think that is?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Awww. I wish I was a "Texan".

Great post.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outlawstar

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by NatureBoy

At some level this is all planned and engineered.

Thats actually a good point.........how are we supposed to know when we are and arent being led into something anymore........do what feels right I suppose, then there will hopefully be no regrets for anyone^^

It’s simple. If the majority is behind it and the media isn’t slamming it, you’re being led into it.

IMO we’re seeing the beginning of the break-up of the USA. Just as Germany had to be divided in order to bring it into NWO submission and create a united Europe, the USA must be brought into submission in order to create a united world. The USA will probably be broken up into four areas like that Russian general suggested. I think it’s going to get very uncomfortable soon, and flyover country will be the place to be. Hope you’re ready.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Since being referred to the committee on State Affairs it seems this bill has gathered quite a few co-authors. My state representative even wrote me an email back when I first emailed her when New Hampshire introduced theirs and told me about this bill. I politely told her I was already paying close attention to it.

It seems perhaps our state representatives are listening to what we are saying.

HCR 50

Author: Creighton | Hughes | Berman | Gattis

Coauthor: Anderson | Bonnen | Brown, Betty | Button | Callegari | Christian | Crabb | Davis, John | Fletcher | Hardcastle | Harless | Harper-Brown | Hopson | Howard, Charlie | Jackson, Jim | Keffer | King, Phil | King, Susan | Kleinschmidt | Kolkhorst | Kuempel | Laubenberg | Legler | Lewis | Orr | Otto | Paxton | Phillips | Sheffield | Smith, Wayne | Swinford | Taylor | Weber | Zerwas

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Just wanted to update the thread with an up to date list of states that are doing the same thing... Also the Texas Senate introduced SCR-39 affirming sovereignty.

The Source contains plenty of links if you want to look into the bills yourself.

Mississippi

Pennsylvania

Idaho (Introduced by the House State Affairs Committee by a vote of 13-4 on 03-04-09.)

New Mexico

South Dakota (passed house on 03-03-09 by a vote of 51-18, passed senate on 03-05-09 by a vote of 20-14)

Virginia

Kentucky (2nd resolution introduced on 02/24)

Alaska

Indiana

Tennessee

Arkansas (failed in committee on 03-04-09)

Minnesota

South Carolina (passed house on 02-26-09, introduced in senate on 03-03-09)

Georgia

Kansas

Texas (senate resolution introduced on 03-04-09)

New Hampshire (resolution killed in house on 03-04-09: 216-150)

Missouri

Iowa

Montana

Michigan (senate version introduced 03-03-09)

Arizona

Washington

Oklahoma (passed house on 02/18/09, senate version passed 25-17 on 03-04-09)

[edit on 11-3-2009 by XTexan]

Here's a pic I made (i got bored) to put it in perspective:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9b439e99db5.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 11-3-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Your power lies in the states.

Australias constitution forbids our states from having their own armies or navies.

I wonder why?
Is it that Australia is Englands answer to the failed New England colonies of America.

My guess is yes. Hence why we had our guns taken away from us before we voted on becoming a republic seperating us from England.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by TheKingsVillian]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
UPDATE ON HCR 50

Text of HCR 50

HCR 50 now has the support of 56 members of the Texas House of Representatives

More seem to be signing on everyday...

Bill Supporters

The Bill is in front of the House Committee on State Affairs.

House Committee on State Affairs (C450)

Position Member
Chair: Rep. Burt R. Solomons
Vice Chair: Rep. Jose Menendez
Members: Rep. Byron Cook
Rep. Tom Craddick
Rep. David Farabee
Rep. Pete Gallego
Rep. Charlie Geren
Rep. Patricia Harless
Rep. Harvey Hilderbran
Rep. Delwin Jones
Rep. Eddie Lucio III
Rep. Diana Maldonado
Rep. Rene Oliveira
Rep. David Swinford
Rep. Sylvester Turner

Source

If your in Texas and one of these guys is your representative please write and let them know what you think.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Bill HCR 50 was voted through the State Affairs committee. 10 to 2
On to the House Floor then to the Senate.

www.legis.state.tx.us... =HCR50

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sorry to necro-post but I wanted to provide an update regarding HCR 50 in Texas.

Just as a reminder HCR 50 is:

Affirming that the State of Texas claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the U.S. Constitution, serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates, and providing that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed.

The bill has PASSED the Texas House (99 Yeas 36 Nays) and is now in the Senate. Please continue to write your reps to request support for this.

Source

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The Texas state legislature closed Monday 1 June 2009.

There's a hint of a small possibility of a special session for a budget matter, not for other business.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Trexter Ziam]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join