It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major studies question value of vitamin supplements

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Major studies question value of vitamin supplements

www.iht.com

Ever since the Nobel Prize-winning biochemist Linus Pauling first promoted "megadoses" of essential nutrients 40 years ago, many people have been devoted to their vitamins. Today about half of all adults in the United States alone use some form of dietary supplement, at a cost of $23 billion a year.

But are vitamins worth it? In the past few years, several high-quality studies have failed to show that extra vitamins, at least in pill form, help prevent chronic disease or prolong life
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Recently the FDA has banned vitamin B6 from the list of vitamin supplements declaring it as a 'drug'... www.naturalnews.com... Now these studies are indicating that there is no value to vitamin supplements. This could be the slow conditioning to implement Codex Alimentarius.....www.healthfreedomusa.org... Where vitamins will be banned by Dec.2009.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-2-2009 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Stock up now before it's too late?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Even if they don't work, will they make you sick like the drugs do?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

I agree. I think this is conditioning.
There was no valid reason to take B-6 off the market -
except that somebody wasn't in control of it.
Look out. This does smell of Codex.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Star for you. Codex Alimentarius, something I wouldn't know about if it weren't for ATS.

www.natural-health-information-centre.com...

[edit on 17-2-2009 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Codex Alimentarius, something I don't know about in spite of ATS, because nobody seems to be capable of summing it up in a way that's thorough yet not drawn out into a half hour long dramafest.

I get that it's a trade agreement on food. I'm assuming it says something along the lines of "Starve the peasantry and take their women!" but I have no idea.

Anyone care to explain?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Take a look at this. And - just for the heck of it watch the movie attached here called
THE WORLD ACCORDING TO MONSANTO - It will blow you away.

www.dailynewscaster.com...

And basically -
The government wants to control our food seed source, natural herbs and supplements. Many of these foods - herbs and supplements can keep us well - without a doctors prescription - without Big Pharma -

EXAMPLE: Garlic is a natural antibiotic. We can grow our own garlic.
So - We might not need a prescription - No one makes money off of us.
Not good for the docs -
not good for the govt -
not good for the big pharma. companies.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
reply to post by mattifikation

Take a look at this. And - just for the heck of it watch the movie attached here called
THE WORLD ACCORDING TO MONSANTO - It will blow you away.

www.dailynewscaster.com...

And basically -
The government wants to control our food seed source, natural herbs and supplements. Many of these foods - herbs and supplements can keep us well - without a doctors prescription - without Big Pharma -

EXAMPLE: Garlic is a natural antibiotic. We can grow our own garlic.
So - We might not need a prescription - No one makes money off of us.
Not good for the docs -
not good for the govt -
not good for the big pharma. companies.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by spinkyboo]
Thanks for the Link

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
of course they are saying that vitamins dont do much...big pharma isnt making the money. BIg pharma conducts and influences studies like this so they can monopolise the medical feild

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thank you for the link. It doesn't make much of a connection though between the Codex and Monsanto though. Does the Codex demand a switch-over to genetically modified foods?

The only thing I see that the Codex does is make multivitamin pills a "drug" instead of a "food." That kind of makes sense, there are many multivitamins you can overdose on and die. Take iron poisoning - it's a major cause of infant mortality. Did you know polar bear liver is poisonous? It doesn't contain some exotic toxin though. It merely contains a lethal concentration of vitamin A.

Taking a vitamin pill won't help you a whole lot anyways. You need a balance of vitamins and minerals, in addition to the proper balance of fats, carbs, and so-on. They are like parts of a car engine. They work in conjunction to do their job for your body. Taking a vitamin supplement is like gluing an extra oil pan to your engine cover and expecting your car to run better.

I'm not trying to argue a "pro" or a "con" for anything here, I'm just stating my current understanding of things and wondering what multivitamins has to do with genetically modified crops...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Absolutely hilarious. I take about 30 grams of vitamin C a day and I never get sick.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Friggin FDA

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is an outrage..who is FDA to tell me whats good and isnt for me? Ivebeen taking vitamins since i was 5..flintstones..later in life, i like GNC mutilpacks.. Its my choice to make. Ive only ever gotten sick off one vitamin in my entire life, and that is Iron. When i was 12, i took an extra iron pill, sson, my tongue turned purple, eyes got heavy and symptoms of mono or bieng acoustic. I stopped taking the iron, and purple tongue went away, eyes didnt hurt anymore..i was taking what i didnt need. Later i foudn out, its more for pregnant women. Ive gotten more sick off of over the coutner remedies!!! no lie..
This is appauling and a disgrace, the government teloling was whats good for us. Its none of theri friggin business, what i put in my body..apparently, they dont like that. This is a sing of things to come all..codex? i think its reffered to as..they will have us consuming chemical pills or monsantos food. This is another step, to control our lives without our consent.. consent, .. like with a woman..without yuor consent, its rape.
damn the FDA to hell.. we should petition and get this word out to as many as possible gang up on FDA NO MORE

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Those of us who know better, we need to hold onto this knowledge. And spread it. Don't let this knowledge die.

Large doses of Vitamin D among other things, helped with my hernia symptoms.

It is really is sick that these fake studies are published, while Big Pharma takes a stinky dump on the population, and poisons us, making billions in the process.

One of the biggest conspiracies we have going today is the drugging of the planet for massive profits, while blinding us to the truth. It's huge.

The reason why it is so big, is that a lot of the population trusts the authorities and their doctors. They will blindly follow the advice of the doctor, despite whatever damning evidence there is.

Case in point, I have fought off and avoided major sickness for many years, but somehow some people don't believe what I say. They slurp down the allergy pills, the headache remedies, and worse, but they never do as well as I do. I take my vitamins, I create my own health, etc., but I'm the one that some people don't listen to. I think one of my keys is that I more or less decided I wasn't going to be sick like everyone else.

Some people's lives are centered around being sick, and they will tell you how sick they are, day in and day out. Largely, to better your health, you can just start thinking healthier, and therefore be healthier. It starts by changing the way you think. Start thinking about living, instead of pearishing.

A lot of people follow the big herd to the slaughter house. It's kind of like listening to the bum on the street for advice on how to get rich. Wouldn't the odds be more in your favor if you listened to the man who was driving the Porche, and lived in a giant mansion?

Troy

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Buy up all the multivitamins you can right now.

Then start educating yourself on how you can naturally get all those vitamins in your diet.

That'll be more helpful in the long run, and they'll have a harder time controlling that.

Also, buy up some seeds and start growing your own food.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Buying up as many vitmains as you can, is a good idea! However,they do have expiration dates...are you sure, you woudnt have to much? Selenium is a known immune system booster, and my faovrite vitamin of all...so FDA would rather it ake an HIV medicine(im not hiv, im just making a mockery), or eat monsantos oranges?
IM tellin you! This is serious, we need to gang up on them, just as tey are doing to ous,a nd fight back... petition too our local state senators, petions to the president!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Maybe we should do some digging, and find things on youtube of people having bad side effects to thier drugs, then email taht footage to FDA with adn insert...is this how yuo wnat me to act/be? Leave my vitamins alone!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

That'll get the videos promptly removed. Save them to a hard drive, first.

Otherwise, it'd be a pretty good idea to collect links to those types of videos, and post them all over the net.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If they removed the vides, after you have done such a vile and evil thing lol, then that would be censorship at that point..obviously, letting rhm se thier own creations handywork and its effects on humans, then them wnating to hide it, by removing, would reveal thier intentions and guilt..
thats my 2 cents..but yuo have to admitt, in an odd and sick way, its tempting to do

top topics

<<   2 >>

join