It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really transplant a human soul?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Were this true, then you would be merging souls every time you gave or received blood via transfusion. It's not uncommon for wounds to be so serious, and require so much time to operate upon, as to require the patients entire blood supply to be replaced - several times in some cases. Do those people lose their souls to be replaced with an amalgamation of various different souls? No, apparently not.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

Were this true, then you would be merging souls every time you gave or received blood via transfusion. It's not uncommon for wounds to be so serious, and require so much time to operate upon, as to require the patients entire blood supply to be replaced - several times in some cases. Do those people lose their souls to be replaced with an amalgamation of various different souls? No, apparently not.

But even when blood is replaced, how much of that blood is absorbed into the organs and tissues?

Do not patients have to re aclimate after a transfusion, feeling "light headed" and disoriented.

We know the heart recirculates the entire blood supply quickly.

It's not like a clean swap ounce for ounce all at once and regardless it would be the blood in the brain, "the tape head", that would be most important.

I would say that the blood is the medium, not the source.

Can't just switch any blood either, but only blood of the same type except in rare cases,

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA

What? you have never heard of,, James Brown?

Good one Aermacchi

I've thought about this before and I can only come to the conclusion that the blood is the medium for the soul, but it makes just as much sense that every organ in the body also takes part in that delivery. I think of the brain like a tape head, like that inside of a cassette player, with the blood being like the tape. Your blood is made up of mostly Iron and has vast magnetic properties. The chemical cursers from emotions good or bad could "stripe" the blood for lack of a better term there by encoding experience into the blood. This could be why blood is such an important substance to religion.

Not a valid argument

No proofs, for me the soul dont exist , nothing was never proven about the existence of soul .

Are you sure about that?

Soul, in regards to religion, comes from Neh-fesh and means Vitality.
Greek strays not much farther with a recognizable word pneumonia, which means "Breath".

You don't believe in breath or vitality? I don't believe that seeing as how you command both.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I believe that every cell contains our consciousness

I did some research into this last year and this is particularly interesting in the case of organ donation.

In the following article, I listed cases where patients took on traits and memories of the organ donors

LINK TO ARTICLE

I had always thought releigions that banned the receipt of foreign tissue in medical issues to be weird and crankish - now, at least I think that I understand the reasoning behind it.

It also gives a whole new perspective on canabalism and vampirism

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yes, at some point we will be able to transplant a soul. A soul being defined as the electrical energy in the brain. Defined that way by me of course but Ive put alot of thought into that and now feel the need to start a new religion because of it...tax free baby....tax free...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think that our soul is spread out across the universe, but concentrated at one point in our body whilst alive.
This ties in with the idea of everything in the universe being one, ultimately.. Self.
If anyone needs proof, or at least evidence of the existence of the soul, they need only compare the differences between a living body, and a dead one.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Its Blue Nose
Isn't that a major point in the Metal Gear Solid games?

i know this is kind of off topic, but you are way off

The whole point of Revolver ocelot being taken over by Liquid was a ruise on a Bigger plan, all an act

to stay on topic.
i would say its kind of plausible
all that makes up our thoughts and memories are trillions of electrons in our brain, like a CPU but on a far far higher level.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

10/10. ecactly same idea I have with one small difference. I do belive that there are two opposite to each other. they are obviously not fighting in the standard understanding but they are scientificaly polarized like +/-.
it explains the bad energy and on that phenomena religions are build. and it fits well to all other knowledge we have about space around us.
greetings.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

But even when blood is replaced, how much of that blood is absorbed into the organs and tissues?

Blood isn't absorbed into organs. It travels along arteries, veins, and capillaries. If you have blood in the tissue of your organs, that means you're hemorrhaging - which is fatal.

Do not patients have to re aclimate after a transfusion, feeling "light headed" and disoriented.

If they need a transfusion, chances are they won't be walking around until well after the surgery. Most of the transfusion blood is generally replaced by then. Lightheartedness after donating is because you no longer have a sufficient red-blood count to carry the full amount of oxygen to the brain. It's not harmful, unless you give too much blood - but even then chances are far more likely you'll pass out and go unconscious, a state in which your brain requires less oxygen anyhow.

It's not like a clean swap ounce for ounce all at once and regardless it would be the blood in the brain, "the tape head", that would be most important.

No... but one has to wonder, when a patient's blood is pretty much entirely bleed out and replaced by transfusion blood over a period of time - wouldn't that patient's "tape head" of a brain read the "soul" of the person/persons who donated the blood? Most operations which require heavy blood transfusions (usually due to an accident/blood loss on the way to the hosptial) will have the patient put to sleep, but some (such as head trauma) don't. We would see evidence of this were it true.

Can't just switch any blood either, but only blood of the same type except in rare cases

Several blood types are cross-compatible to other specific blood types, and Type O (I believe) is acceptable by every blood type. In a pinch, any blood will do - but it's not recommended since you'd need a lot and the shock to the body as a result of the rejection process could make the condition worse. I think about 1 in 14,000 transfusions (on average, and almost always accidental) are between incompatible blood types.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by SLAYER69

SLAYER69! do you have a link or source or anything? i think that's pretty amazing....i wanna read it/share it!

I think Slayer had a few details mixed up , here is the actual story

www.dailymail.co.uk... d-I-walked-like-man.html

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Oddly enough there may be a slight truth to this I remember reading a news story about a elder lady who got a lung transplant and when she woke up she had a irresistible desire for McDonalds chicken nuggets even though she hated McDonalds food.

But she kept having these cravings anyway she got curious about who the person was that died and donated their lungs and after going through all kinds of legal hoops, She found out that it was a teenage boy who was killed while riding his bike home after he went to McDonalds for you guessed it Chicken Nuggets the poor kid didn't get a chance to even eat them.

Though I have also heard of stories like that, I wonder if it is not something else causing that phenomenon. Because the stories of the contrary are seldom.

People lose limbs all the time, and still feel the same afterwards, but technically if I lose my whole leg adn this is to be believed, I have lost a large chunk of my soul. No?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Hi there.

I agree totally.
If everything was white, we woudn't be able to see anything.
If everything was black, we woudn't be able to see anything.
It's through the conflict arising between these phenomena that we are able to visually perceive the environment around us.
I think this dual principle probably spreads through all the senses creating this apparently seamless representation of reality (!), and since our consciousness has been trained to generally look outwards, many of us seem to have forgotten that there are more equally un/real realities to explore from an internal perspective.

Just my garbled perspective.

P. S. Does any of that make sense?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

what can I add more. ok, there is more over and below but this is exactly the picture I have.

wish u a nice day. cheers

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Seems like you could also apply this theory to reincarnation...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I keep coming back to this thread, and the more I visit it, the more I realize this article is nothing more than a group of self involved Christians trying to justify their beliefs by faking science.

There's no evidence to support their beliefs. All they've done is taken their belief in the soul, called it a theory, called themselves scientists (without having done ANY actual scientific work)...

They're frauds.
Plain and simple.

If they can show me evidence, or sound causality as to why their "theory" about the soul should be taken seriously, I'll listen.

At the moment, all they've done is read from scripture, called it a theory, and mis-labeled themselves as scientists.

To be a scientist, you have to do the work.
You can't just make accusations and false claims.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just think it through a few moments...

Everything (our bodies, the computer you're reading, Earth, etc) is made up of the same base component: an atom. Everything, whether moving or inanimate is composed of this core. Now, when God said man is created in his image, did he really mean that the original "image" is the atom and all creation is composed of such?

Connecting this with the article...

Our souls might already be pre-programmed into the core atom and how the atoms combine and form result in various experiences. The potential is contained in each atom...(so called) reality is then the expression of said potentials. My meaning is that all possible souls are already contained in the shared base of "the atom".

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well look, there are people who have had their arms and legs removed and they don't seem to lose any memories so i have to chalk this one down to some guy being drunk and saying it for a laugh. Then being so embarrassed he said it that he just had to keep going with it. Remember just say it enough and people will believe it

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thats bizarre! I would hate to have a transplanted organ in me if the person was a Brussel Sprouts lover

Dude you would never want my liver

[edit on 17-2-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Our souls might already be pre-programmed into the core atom and how the atoms combine and form result in various experiences. The potential is contained in each atom...(so called) reality is then the expression of said potentials. My meaning is that all possible souls are already contained in the shared base of "the atom".

Not souls, recordings.

It's a commonly repeating theory that the electron interactions of atoms can form patterns and hold recordings of prior interactions.

This would mean that it would be possible to reconstruct events from atoms in an analogical way similar to how you process a photograph.

However, this isn't biological memory. This is merely a theorized trick to see what the atom itself was doing in the past.

To add to this, this concept is also a very basic theory with little to no evidence nor causality to support it.

Just like the theory of the soul being a part of the body as a whole.

There's no evidence nor causality to support it. All these theories are, are a bunch of ideas in someones head. Nothing more.
At least, no more valid than the concept of the great spaghetti monster "Rah Man."

Man do I ever love pushing and destroying theories in the same argument.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join