It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we really transplant a human soul?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Can we really transplant a human soul?

www.newsmonster.co.uk

Well, almost beyond doubt. For a few brave scientists have started claiming that our memories and characters are encoded not just in our brain, but throughout our entire body.

Consciousness, they claim, is created by every living cell in the body acting in concert.

They argue, in effect, that our hearts, livers and every single organ in the body stores our memories, drives our emotions and imbues us with our own individual characters. Our whole body, they believe, is the seat of the soul;
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
please read the whole article.

it is a pretty funny idea of in fact being the soul yourself. it could also be a good news for us (especially for those who do not belive in God). all the energy we are build from is our soul and it will survive after our death than. does it not cheer you up a little?

it would also be a small proof of idea that humanity shares a single unconscious mind.

but I am not going to admit that there is enough evidence on it. but I would be pretty happy to know your feelings about it.

www.newsmonster.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Oddly enough there may be a slight truth to this I remember reading a news story about a elder lady who got a lung transplant and when she woke up she had a irresistible desire for McDonalds chicken nuggets even though she hated McDonalds food.

But she kept having these cravings anyway she got curious about who the person was that died and donated their lungs and after going through all kinds of legal hoops, She found out that it was a teenage boy who was killed while riding his bike home after he went to McDonalds for you guessed it Chicken Nuggets the poor kid didn't get a chance to even eat them.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thats bizarre! I would hate to have a transplanted organ in me if the person was a Brussel Sprouts lover

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Isn't that a major point in the Metal Gear Solid games?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I heard of this theory a couple years ago. Every cell has the ability to remember. When some people get transplants, they see things or have dreams of things that happened to the doner. It is far fetched.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

SLAYER69! do you have a link or source or anything? i think that's pretty amazing....i wanna read it/share it!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hi all.

I read in a book on Chaos Magick that it is possible to transplant a soul into another body.
I'm not too sure, but I think it was called 'Red magick', and is sometimes used when a practitioner has grown old and is about to die.
This unsavoury practice involves getting the victim drunk/drugged, and performing some rite or other to remove the victim's soul, which is then subsequently replaced by the soul of the older person.

Just another angle of approach.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
An afterlife without a God? yeah, gluck with that one. The body is not the soul. All the energy built up, whatever that means, is not the soul. So no, that isn't transplanting a human soul.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There was a movie made in 91 called Body Parts, but I found a parody of this type of story on another video. I doubt it was ever a movie, but it was well done....sorta.
www.youtube.com...

I've had some OOBE memories that were more like time jumps into another body. I've had experiences of having a couple of devices that supposedly did this also. The people I had met several years ago when I was a kid referred to themselves as the guardians. (whatever)

The biblical story of Sodom and Gomorah was suppposedly similar to this from what they called "knowing someone" it was my understanding through 'supposedly' remote viewing that this was related to the blood, much like some vampire stories may be.

Supposedly the blood is some type of matrix also. And if that were true, than people who get blood product or are hookers will also know people or take on their characters in some way.

This might also be why some twins or clones are so psychic.

This one video from youtube mentions some of this about DNA also or in theory or myth.

www.youtube.com...

The ability to see or jump through future generations may be how some american indians did also, among other such prophecies throughout history. Maybe this is why some try to keep the bloodline in certain genetic backgrounds also. The DNA Matrix?

Immortals may do this through cloning and why the Egyptians were so particular about preserving their DNA.

It may be that having these parts, their matrix may cross...or whatever.

I think these people by doing this may become mediums or psychics.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Until it can be proven it still remains just another theory amongst hundreds of other far out theories which are as of yet untested.

... and, to be frank, they're not really scientists until they've done the work. At the moment, they're theorists.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but there are countless theories out there. Most of them, like this one, untested... or simply untestable. Forever to remain in the category of "that bizarre idea some guy had".

Now, from the perspective of the theorists, I'm not putting too much credence in this concept. For one, we know we can trigger memories and remove them by probing and isolating areas of the brain.
Retrospectively, we can't remove memories by extracting anything else.

So initial evidence directly points to the brain as being the storage medium... no evidence has arisen to the contrary.

Hence, any theories stating such, while noteworthy for interesting conversation, should still not be confused with the science itself.

It's not science until there's evidence to back it. Until then, it's a thought.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Sooo what about people with brain damage who are not the same people? im fairly certain that means its localised in the brain..what about alzheimers? i call hogwash

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There was a book I read back in the 70’s, I want to say it was Heinlein, but I’m not sure and am too tired to look it up. In that book, an out of control gov was capable of transferring a persons consciousness out of one body and into another. The megalomania of gov types being what it is, they used this technology to torture people to the point of death, and at the last moment transfer their consciousness into another body, so that they could repeat the process indefinitely. The ultimate in sick twisted control freakdom.

If anyone can confirm who wrote this short story I would be much obliged.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I believe there is some truth to the concept of "Genetic Memory" - which explains how instincts and behaviors are passed down. This doesn't mean that your actual memory is passed down, but that certain predispositions and behaviors are passed on through successive generations.

When you smile because you're happy - that's an example of genetic memory. Further, you're immune system has a sort of genetic memory capable of coding new behaviors for dealing with pathogens. The the principle behind vaccines works because of this. However, you don't cross-reference your DNA when trying to remember what had for dinner last night.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Dunno. Reminds me of an episode of GitS SAC where they had to track down a rouge operative of the CIA's Project Sunset. The guy was murdering young women by skinning them alive - all the while sending his optical sensory data to them. So he forced them to watch themselves, from his eyes, as he was skinning them.

Link to section of episode. May contain disturbing content.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Oddly enough there may be a slight truth to this I remember reading a news story about a elder lady who got a lung transplant and when she woke up she had a irresistible desire for McDonalds chicken nuggets even though she hated McDonalds food.

But she kept having these cravings anyway she got curious about who the person was that died and donated their lungs and after going through all kinds of legal hoops, She found out that it was a teenage boy who was killed while riding his bike home after he went to McDonalds for you guessed it Chicken Nuggets the poor kid didn't get a chance to even eat them.

Isn't that just an urban legend?

its also the main idea behind quite a few movies.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Please be clear, define and prove me the existence of "soul"

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
An afterlife without a God? yeah, gluck with that one. The body is not the soul. All the energy built up, whatever that means, is not the soul. So no, that isn't transplanting a human soul.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by ghaleon12]

Do you believe in soul? What would you say it is?

I've thought about this before and I can only come to the conclusion that the blood is the medium for the soul, but it makes just as much sense that every organ in the body also takes part in that delivery.

I think of the brain like a tape head, like that inside of a cassette player, with the blood being like the tape. Your blood is made up of mostly Iron and has vast magnetic properties. The chemical cursers from emotions good or bad could "stripe" the blood for lack of a better term there by encoding experience into the blood.

This could be why blood is such an important substance to religion.

The "soul" would then be all those that have given to the blood line which is drawn to each new generation. I've always looked at it like this. The family has to move every 2 generations to a new house, baby. We are not aware of the contributions of those past, but how are some gifted from birth with amazing talent, unless a prior generation had that tendency?

The truth for what I can see, is that the only thing that is saved of anyone, is their memory.

Perhaps that salvation is the one that really counts...to have only those good things you were, recalled by the living that is, all those things you did in the light.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

What? you have never heard of,, James Brown?

Good one Aermacchi

I've thought about this before and I can only come to the conclusion that the blood is the medium for the soul, but it makes just as much sense that every organ in the body also takes part in that delivery. I think of the brain like a tape head, like that inside of a cassette player, with the blood being like the tape. Your blood is made up of mostly Iron and has vast magnetic properties. The chemical cursers from emotions good or bad could "stripe" the blood for lack of a better term there by encoding experience into the blood. This could be why blood is such an important substance to religion.

Not a valid argument

No proofs, for me the soul dont exist , nothing was never proven about the existence of soul .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join