It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple method to detect disinfo-agents

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not sure that the term 'disinfo agent' or 'disinformant' accurately describes the persons in question;

Debunker is more accurate. Some people on ATS almost seem like they're paid to do what they do.

intel, or psi-ops might describe them better also.. the ones I've seen in the 9/11 forum for example.. seem like people who work for the government, lots of 'status-quo' type persons there, maybe not all of them are internet plants, but their opinion appears to be reflective of whatever job they actually have.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacial
My pet theory is that the American military started the internet in order to get people use to a mass form of communication and when the people were all addicted to it in most countries, start controlling it and the information that gets put out.

DARPA created the internet we now use..

NSA has Echelon and MUOS listening posts all over the world monitoring every email, every byte and every cell phone (MUOS)

NSA is building a new data center in Georgia that has a new super computer called JAWS to handle all this input...

With that amount of input including all trivial stuff like who you dated last week or your favorite recipe it is likely that JAWS may achieve AI status

Sorry no linkies... I gave ya enough to look up...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Originally posted by zorgon
it is likely that JAWS may achieve AI status

You mean like the film 'Eagle Eye'?

Quite an insidious plan on the NSA's part, perhaps it will backfire?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Monday, June 9, 2008
IBM Builds Military Super Computer

A little Mom & Pop company called "International Business Machines" has constructed a new super computer for the US Military. The computer, known as Road Runner, is now the fastest computing device on the planet, capable of 1.026 quadrillion calculations per second (about 1 million calculations per nanosecond). Put in other terms, it is almost fast enough to run Windows Vista without crashing. The computer uses thousands of "Cell" chips, originally designed for use in the PlayStation 3. The military plans to use the computer to determine what happens in the first few moments of a nuclear blast. They will do this by exploding a nuclear bomb directly under the $133 million dollar machine. Such a waste. Read more about it here.

Roadrunner - IBM - fastest computer in the world: 1 petaflop

NSA Super Computer - Worlds fastest watercooled computer

Information About The Jaws System

Maui High Performance Computing Center (MHPCC)
An Air Force Research Laboratory Center Managed by the University of Hawaii
Phone: (808) 879-5077

Jaws is a Dell PowerEdge 1955 blade server cluster comprised of 5,120 processors in 1,280 nodes. Each node contains 2 Dual Core 3.0 GHz 64-bit Woodcrest CPUs, 8GB of RAM, and 72GB of local SAS disk. Additionally, there is 200TB of shared disk available through the Lustre filesystem. The nodes are connected via Cisco Infiniband, running at 10Gbits/sec (peak). Jaws has a peak performance of 62400 GFlops, and LINPACK performance of 42390 GFlops.

Additional Information:

* SecureID Access should refer to the Jaws Usage Information page (SecureID/ login required) for usage information and instructions.
* CAC Access should refer to the Jaws Usage Information page (CAC login required) for usage information and instructions.
* Feel free to contact the MHPCC Help Desk for more information. Send email to , or call (808) 879-5077 and ask for the Help Desk. Thank you.

www.mhpcc.hpc.mil...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The computer uses thousands of "Cell" chips, originally designed for use in the PlayStation 3.

Very interesting, I recall reading some news a couple months ago about the U.S military purchasing 500 playstation3's, for the cell processor chips inside. If I'm not mistaken, they're official public given reason for this at the time, was allegedly for "research".

I wondered very often why such a purchase.. guess now I got the answer

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Roadrunner uses massive amounts of AMD Opterons and a revision of the Cell processor called 'PowerXCell 8i'. It is different compared to the one in the PS3.

I highly doubt they'd buy Playstation 3's just to get the Cell processor... if you're purchasing them in large quantities, just buy the Cell itself, not all the crap that comes with it such as the graphics chip...

They will do this by exploding a nuclear bomb directly under the $133 million dollar machine. Such a waste. Read more about it here.

LOL WUT.

500 PS3's isn't a whole much to spy on people... and the Cell archetecture probably isn't even optimised for it (Hence Roadrunner having AMD OPTY's).

Also, that watercooled machine looks like FROSTBURG. en.wikipedia.org... . It's old and retired in late 90's. My home PC would probably be faster...

[edit on 20/2/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
See one way to spot agents is to post some really interesting stuff and watch them pop out of the woodwork...

Unfortunately talking about it gives them a warning

Our internet is NOT linked to theirs no matter what Gary McKinnon tried to say.

NIPRnet is for sensitive and confidential(Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network) , SIPRnet is for Secret (Secret Internet Protocol Router Network) and JWICS for top secret stuff... (Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System]

I always love the reactions when I post the doorway to SIPRnet

nic.mil

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

nic.mil

I'm just impressed you know of it. Beyond that, though, good luck getting in

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

nic.mil

I'm just impressed you know of it. Beyond that, though, good luck getting in

Well now thanks for confirming my post... 9as per the thread title) see a casual debunker on ATS would have no clue the significance...

As to my getting in? Lets just say I have friends on the inside

So ummm which agency did you say you worked for?

[edit on 20-2-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

it may well have been just for games; the cell processors in PS3s are gimped compared to the ones in blade servers

(each cell processor has 8 SPEs, statistically the majority have only 7 that are fully working, and those become PS3s. those with all 8 functioning become servers. Ones with only 6 or less are thrown out.)

It's not like Intel doesn't just sell the chips and all the hardware that goes with them for making a supercomputer.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

As I said before, this news was a while ago.. although it seems I was wrong about the figure in my earlier post.. it's actually only 300 machines they bought, here's where you read about this;

U.S military purchasing 300 playstation 3

Here, it's claimed to be for "research".

U.S. Air Force drafts 300 PlayStation 3s for 'research'

[edit on 21/2/09 by Majorion]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well now thanks for confirming my post... 9as per the thread title) see a casual debunker on ATS would have no clue the significance...

Don't get too excited, zorgon. I used to be in the Air Force in comm, so NIPR/SIPR are familiar to me. And I have to say, what I saw on it wasn't nearly as fabulous as one might think. Pretty boring stuff, actually.

As to my getting in? Lets just say I have friends on the inside

No offense, but I seriously doubt that. Not that you don't know anyone with access to it, but that they're divulging that access or its contents to you. That would be a serious crime.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

No offense, but I seriously doubt that.

None taken but what makes you assume that I might not have or have had clearance in the past?

Remember Sea Shadow, the stealth hydrofoil? I was there when it was filmed for the press release when it was declassified

That would be a serious crime.

quite so yes... but then show me where I have released anything that would fit that description?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

None taken but what makes you assume that I might not have or have had clearance in the past?

Absolutely nothing. But then you'd likely agree with me that SIPRNET access is rather useless when discussing such things as UFOs and aliens.

quite so yes... but then show me where I have released anything that would fit that description?

You alluded to having "insider" information. If you aren't the person who is the "insider", then it's a crime.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

So exactly what did you say your purpose was here at ATS? It's obviously not to share interesting knowledge

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

reply to post by thrashee

So exactly what did you say your purpose was here at ATS? It's obviously not to share interesting knowledge

I didn't realize I had to qualify my presence to the likes of you.

Let's just say that I'm here to keep people like you in check. After all, you seem to now agree that your little tidbits about SIPRNET are rather useless despite their appeals to authority. I know it's a buzz kill, but hey, deny ignorance, right?

[edit on 22-2-2009 by thrashee]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I didn't realize I had to qualify my presence to the likes of you.

Oh but you DO... and you already have

People like you are so easy...

Let's just say that I'm here to keep people like you in check.

Interesting wording... but seriously, do you really think you are having any success? I bet your handlers must be disappointed

I know it's a buzz kill, but hey, deny ignorance, right?

Somehow it would appear that denying your ignorance would require a lifetime... I don't have the time...

Enjoy your Bliss

[edit on 22-2-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Oh but you DO... and you already have

People like you are so easy...

I suppose you think the number of emoticons you inject in a post lends towards the veracity of your statements. Gotcha.

Interesting wording... but seriously, do you really think you are having any success? I bet your handlers must be disappointed

Yes, I do. Granted, I'll acknowledge the implicit assumption you make in your supposition that I must have handlers. It's precisely this type of "if you don't agree with me, you're proof of what I'm saying" logic that I absolutely detest.

You and I both know SIPRNET means absolute # for the purposes of this discussion. And yet, if I have the balls to stand up and say so, it will only be twisted into conforming "proof" that some conspiracy exists. That's precisely why you're a hack.

Notice how you conveniently let this point drop. Tell me, oh master of the government networks, does SIPRNET mean crap regarding this or not? Answer the question.

Somehow it would appear that denying your ignorance would require a lifetime... I don't have the time...

I know...you're too busy analyzing abandoned McDonald's evidence to face reality. Good luck with all of that.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syandos
This is all part of what I call Insecurity-Based Thinking (IBT) syndrome.

Fantastic post Syandos! Made a lot of sense to me. It was a pleasure reading a very well thought out observational post. A rare joy these days!

IRM

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I know...you're too busy analyzing abandoned McDonald's evidence to face reality. Good luck with all of that.

Though the McMoon tapes have nothing at all to do with this thread.... yes I have had good luck with that
Even you would be surprised... for one it has led me to direct contact with a navy astronaut who hold two of Russia's highest space awards..

Here is the first released photo... well a crop from it anyway and the small version

And in case you missed it here is the NASA press release
NASA Unveils 42-Year-Old Historic Lunar Image
www.nasa.gov...

There is just so much going on out there that you are not aware of... I guess you don't have the 'need to know'

As to your question... no its not crap in regards THIS thread... as only someone familiar with the protocol would react as you have and as a couple others have in the past. The only average surfers that would know it are those that pay attention to posts or have had reason to so some serious research...

And the latter two groups have no reason to react

Edit to add...

One other easy way to spot an agent?

They have ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE OF HUMOR

Really have you ever seen an MIB smile?

[edit on 22-2-2009 by zorgon]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join