It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Scientists Discovered a Way of Peering Into the Future?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

I think the guy means so that events like 9-11 could be prevented. It would seem the author of that quote assumes a CIA that wants to protect people from the evils of the world, rather than the ATS version where the CIA often are one of the evils of the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Whether it be the good CIA or the bad CIA I don't think its a good idea
letting any intelligence agency predict the future, it just gives them new ground to fight over Future Wars.

If such a machine existed it should be given to FEMA, it would save thousands of lives.

Does it actually work? or is it a case of after the natural disasters happened saying 'oh look a blip'.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
"Whut d'ye ken it tis, Jock?"
"Ah dinnae, lad, lookes abit maagical tae me, eh?"
"Aye, aye, it'll be the naery gud workin's o' th' witchcraft, ah'll wager, like th' inter-nets an' thems tele-ma-phones."
"Aye."
"Aye."
"Weel, let's get tae smashin' it, then!"

Ach no....Dinnea dai tha.Weel seel it af tae them drooket-brained sassenachs,an hurl jobbies like sae much insults,ye ken like.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Wow! This is only supposed to be thought experiment stuff. If they have solved the time protection conjecture that Hawking arrived at which breaks the timeline curve prior to its use ....

The effect of your choice can be seen, in principle, before you have even made it.

That's incredible. - You reach to turn it on ... but, look! A photon has already been scanned on the plate. What the ..???

Illusionsaregrander this is an excellent find!
You realize if they pull it off .... and it is repeatable ... it'll send the entire science community sideways! Hmmm... All the school textbooks are gonna have to be re-written!

Thanks for this one. Nice to know Einstein wasn't infallible. Still like the guy, though.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

great article you posted. and for the rubbish stuff - we can not blame anybody who is trying to stand on any solid ground these times. all around is looking instable - economics, politic systems, boarders, and so and so on. so at least some "universal" rules runing our world would make most of us happy to be solid. they are unfortunatetly pretty unknown still. but I understand others trying to protect what is left from our father's world

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Hrm... this doesn't seem right...

Look at the time differentials... 4 hours on Sept 11, 24 hours for the tsunami?

It is starting to seem like they wait for an event to happen... then check the tickers... and lo-and behold! a spike happend x number of hours ago...

When the reality would be, that the spikes are statistically determined to happen repeatedly... and look after the fact...

Lets see them put thier money where their mouth is... press release: "Machine going bonkers! be prepared!" then, if something significant happens, lend it a little more creedence...

I'm not closing the door on this yet... but they defenitely need to devise a hypothesis they can test more accurately... not something they are using results to determine the experiment... that's backwards...

Still Skeptical, but still listening... Just give me something a little more adherent to the scientific method... Predict an event BEFORE... not retroactively evaluate the data after the event happens...

Would also like to know if all these machines are displaying the same spikes at the same time... That would be very telling as well...

anyway, for those interested, I found a site that shows the graph in real time...

gcpdot.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

thay do admit that they even do not really understand the way it works. this is for sure a very early stage of the experiment and no doubt it can not be taken as a evidence yet. but first of all, it gives the solution to some other unanswered problems (when you deeply think about it it also explains the financila panic on the markets we can all witness now) and secondly, it is always good to check the paths which never wer penetrated before. this is the only way to find a really new nature of everything.

so let's just cross the fingers that one day they will be able to show more.

and the differences of time can be also caused by the nature of events and number affected (just a guess).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join