It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Keaton Appreciation Thread - Christian Bale aint got jack squat on batman!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Admit it...

We all loved the Michael Keatons batmans the best. We loved Heath as the joker, but thats about it. Go watch Tim Burtons master piece for the era it was amazing. I just watched Batman returns on Blue ray, I love it. Its such a surreal experience.

And...ive never heard of no michael keaton outburst because his DP was infront him....

Secondly...

We all thought Multiplicity was funny, we loved to hate him in that movie with Samuel Jackson and we all remember how much fun Mr. Mom was!

So give it up, for this months Flavour,

Mr. Michael Keaton.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by q_ball]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Keaton was a good batman but wasn't a good Bruce Wayne.

Bale managed both fairly well.

Just my opinion of course.

I loved Nicholson's joker but Heath's scared the hell outa me.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Mr Keaton FTW all the way. bale is good but meh, lacks something.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Keaton definetly has batman.

And sorry, but no one can do crazy like jack. He still has joker. Heath was still a little too sweet compared to Jack.

I am a fan of keaton. Actually, my favorite movie with him in it is the Dream Team.

I love that movie.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Keaton was a good batman but wasn't a good Bruce Wayne.

I could not agree more.

Keaton was the best Batman, Christian Bale is by far the best Bruce Wayne.

Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne.. agh. What can I say? I'd take Keaton over Ted Danson.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I just watched Batman returns and still you cant have that many good stars in a movie and have it still that much fun (with the exception of oceans 11 and 13)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Q if I could applaude you I would. I have said since the start Keaton was the best Batman since Adam West

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Keaton was easily the best batman. He was wonderful and fit perfectly into Burtons role of batman. With that being said though Bale and the new batman brought back that Tim Burton feel to the show and I don't recall coming away as impressed with Keaton as I did Bale.

I remember when the movie came out and I thought no way can Michael Keaton pull that off but he did and it was brilliant. So I guess that Keaton was a big surprise while bale seemed to fit the part right from the start.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
There was more of a surreal feel I believe which is what batman needed, an absolute escape from reality. The new batman is the contrary its reality and when batman appears it bends. That does not work. The whole world its in has to be an appropriate setting within the confines of the batman reality. You cant have ''reality'' then try and slip batman in. Thats why more people enjoyed the Joker in the new movie then batman...he came across more believable then batamn..no gimmicks, no tricks...just a bad guy

[edit on 16-2-2009 by q_ball]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Lub me some Michael Keaton. He was the best BeetleJuice ever!

( I know there was only one!)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
OK Q.
In context you have got this one right. Keaton was by far the best Batman of all time.

As for his other movies, you cannot go past Beetlejuice or Pacific Heights. He was great in both of these.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
What's this thing that christian bale does when he is Batman does that low growly whisper and you cant work out what he is saying?

I hate it...but love his Bruce Wayne...

He did rock in Equilibrium though

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
dude did i see you at a melbourne maccas yesterday? I swear it looked like you lol hahah

new topics

top topics

join