It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trade a gun for a rose in SC on Valentine's Day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I agree with the above statement. Also let's see how many of these firearms were stolen from law abiding citizens and turned in for a flower.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
.... your weapons are the only barrier left between you and a totalitarian regime.

If that's how you think then you'll need some roses to put on your coffin after your "barrier" fails and "they" cap you in the arse.

Sorry OP, but it seems like you've forgotten how to use the best weapon you were born with.

Why CAN'T Americans get by without guns? Most other countries do and they seem to make a bigger stir with governments who are forced to listen more through sheer numbers. Arming yourselves to the teeth and hiding behind your reinforced doors does nothing but make you and your families a target if push came to shove. "They" will probably shoot YOU!

While I agree, criminals and crooks should be disarmed and that owning a gun may prove useful for some of you, it isn't the best weapon for defending yourselves against the attacks on your civil liberties and freedoms. It's a last resort when they come knocking.

Words first, guns last. And if you've given up the power of numbers and free speech then I wish you luck. Don't give up so easily.

Pow-wow not Pow-pow.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
My wife bought me a new Mossberg 300A tactical 12 guage shotgun for Valentines day

Your wife needs to talk to my fiancee, I would have loved one of those for valentines day. I got a stuffed devil and some chocolate instead

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

I'll be happy to let her talk to your wife
Our next purchase is another M4 assault rifle...she loves to target shoot. We take our home defense seriously as it's better to err on the side of caution I think. Besides guns are merely tools that you use in the proper manner.

The Mossberg 300A comes in .410, .20 and .12 guage calibers. I got the .12 as it has hugemongous stopping power and that's what you want with a home defense weapon. Very inexpensive as well. I got mine at the local gun shop for $339.00.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i just sold a few guns to a store since i never used them anymore-kept the ones i needed tho- and i needed the money.
i got over $800 for them.
huh maybe they should have had that program here because 4 roses(which i grow anyway) certainly sounds like a better deal than getting that much money to pay bills and buying my gf a nice dinner
maybe i'm stupid now but for some reason i think a $400 gun does not=a $3 rose
i wonder if i can take in my $350 hitachi roofing gun and get a free rose also? it is a gun after all.
a free rose is much better than being able to make a livelyhood right?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
griffinrl took my response. This is nothing more than a feelgood approach to fixing what too many people believe is a serious problem. You see, they like flowers, and they don't like guins. So it makes perfect sense to them that everyone else should feel the same way and happily turn in hundreds of dollars worth of valuable tool for a couple bucks worth of flower.

Of course, what happens is this: guy robs house. Guy finds gun in house. Guy steals gun. Guy hears about this program. Guy turns in gun, is off hook for stealing it, and gets laid that night. Guy wakes up, is horny. Guy finds anorther house to rob. Guy steals gun in that house....

We can debate over whether it is intentional or just plain stupidity, but this program is mobilizing a literal army of robbers to confiscate guns from the general public, thereby decreasing safety, promoting crime, and accomplishing the exact opposite of what it was intended to accomplish.

TheRedneck

[edit on 15-2-2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It took 10 minutes to fill out the paperwork and have a background check done and I walked out with a new, legal firearm. I don't have any problem whatsoever following the local and federal laws concerning gun purchases. Even when I sell a firearm to a private individual I am extremely prejudiced to that person when they come to look. If I don't like the person and their personality I don't sell it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

that's good- i like the way you think.
now here is another scenario- ok noone has guns. so now what? aknife trading program? now no knives. ok what next- tire irons? then baseball bats.etc etc. until we aren't even allowed to own a pencil since i can kill you with that also. where does it end?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This kind of program has been goin on here in Orlando for about 10 years now. It was initially designed for teens and parents of teens who had illegal firearms to give up thier gun no question asked. It has since expanded. I have no problem with getting stolen/illegal weapons off the streets especially if they are in the hands of kids.Kicks For Guns
Edit to add: Last year someone turned in an anti-tank missle carrying case. They have also had grenades and a grenade launcher turned in over the years.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i have no problem with getting illegal/stolen guns off the streets. they should crack down on that. no reason i see a law abiding citizen should be coerced into turning in his guns. but a stolen gun needs to be returned to it's rightful owner IF he is allowed to own said firearm. happened to me- my 308 was stolen and recovered in a drug bust- they refused to give it back to me for almost 3 years. luckily i was friends with the da in my county and he pulled a few strings and i had it back in 2 weeks.
there is another thread about this type of stuff- forget the thread- but we had a great idea to set up a table next to them and instead of giving a rose or $50 i'll give you a $100 and i might get some valuable stuff.
now that is entrepeneurism!!!!!!!
not to mention the fact it would really piss them off lol
altho you would have to make sure they are not illegal or stolen- but if legal hey go for it

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Why CAN'T Americans get by without guns? Most other countries do and they seem to make a bigger stir with governments who are forced to listen more through sheer numbers. Arming yourselves to the teeth and hiding behind your reinforced doors does nothing but make you and your families a target if push came to shove. "They" will probably shoot YOU!

Americans could get by without guns but some of us choose not to because it is our right to own a weapon and anyone with half a brain realizes how important it is to be able to protect yourself in any given situation.

And when push comes to shove I think everyone will be a target and those who were smart enough to get a firearm to protect themselves will be at an advantage.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I exercise my American right to own firearms. You can guarantee that if any kind of civil unrest occurs in my area those that choose not to exercise their rights will make a run straight to me for protection.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My personal Opinion

Now I don't know why everybody gives american flack over firearms?

What is wrong with owning a gun? I take it these people disagree with hunting too? Olympic shooting?

Anyway people in Toronto are always crying about the guns coming from the United States but you don't hear anybody crying about the drugs being shipped into the states from Canada.

Just becuase "your" country doesn't like something doesn't mean it should be banned everywhere.

Like the famous saying goes -- If you don't like the cold move to florida.

If you don't like your country's laws move and if you don't like someone else's countries laws then don't visit.

Thats my opinion

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TooManyHumans
And when push comes to shove I think everyone will be a target and those who were smart enough to get a firearm to protect themselves will be at an advantage.

And those who you consider "smart enough" would be the primary targets.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Guns for Roses? When I heard that yesterday on the truck radio I damn near wrecked. Maybe a large bag of confiscated herb and a gift card for Hooters but Roses. Too funny yet too sad! Go Gordon.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Why CAN'T Americans get by without guns?

Why can't people get by without chlorinated water?
Why can't people get by without medicines?
Why can't people get by without credit cards?
Why can't people get by without flying?
Why can't people get by without cars?
Why can't people get by without TV?
Why can't people get by without computers?

Typical short-sighted self-righteous hogwash...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Absolutely right!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

now here is another scenario

I wholeheartedly agree. In the right hands, a set of car keys is deadly. Heck, in the right hands, the hands themselves are deadly.

There was a time when people were considered to be responsible for their actions. Apparently, now, things people have are responsible for their actions.

But it's worked, right? No one gets mugged anymore, no one gets hurt anymore... oh, wait, yes they do... in greater numbers than before...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
My wife bought me a new Mossberg 300A tactical 12 guage shotgun for Valentines day

Now that's a woman who understands the real way to a man's heart.

As for that Fox news chick, romanticisim is all well and good, but you can't fend off people who break into your home with poetry.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
Now that's a woman who understands the real way to a man's heart.

Lol, yep you gotta shoot your way through lol.

Seriously though, any woman who gets there man something like that is freakin' awesome.

-Lahara

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join