It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Make Burglar Clean Their Home At Gunpoint

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Awesum simply awesum.

I get a chuckle everytime I see it.

Not to make light of a death, but about 20 years ago we had this case that still makes me smile.

A known gang member (In for rape (of a senior no less) , assult, and 2nd degree murder) who has escaped from juvenile detention was harrassing this kid on a bike. The kid which was described as a nerd with a backpack, gets thrown to the ground while this thug and his posse are taunting the kid and stealing his bike. This kid pulls a 357 mag out of the backpack and puts one right in the punks head. The gang scatters, the kid flees the scene with the backpack and the gun. Its a revolver as there was no brass recovered. The bike is left at the scene according to people who saw some of it. Someone comes along not a minute later and STEALS the bike leaving no evidence behind as it were. This guy was NEVER caught

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I do agree there, but in the defence of the homeowners.. they could say that they had a choice.. cap his a$$ or wait for the law.. and i think the judge would tend to agree

If anything they should be commended by there actions!!

Like other posters have said.. Hes lucky they only made him clean up the mess "he made"

I think thats fair justice myself! clean up what he made.. or be dead? take your pick Mr robber person!

Im still laughing to be honest

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
What would have happened in the UK?

Victims of crime have no rights there eh?

Well what would of happend here in the UK.

Well the police would have shown up and arrested the homeowner for not allowing the perp easier access to the property, then using the EU human rights act he would have been given legal aid to launch a law suit against us on the grounds that we should have paid him/ her to work as a cleaner then we would have been put in jail or be made to pay a massive fine for his hurt feelings.

The victim is often the made a victim twice, once by the perp the second by the Govt and the laws they pass.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Only in the USA? Only in ALABAMA!

Next time I'm driving through Goat Hill, I wanna stop and meet these guys. Someone needs to shake their hand (as if someone already hasn't probably).

Ummm.... strangely enough, I don't see too many gun-control activists on this thread. Oh, well, they'll make up for it the next time someone gets shot.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

hehehe

my god this is still making me laugh lol

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hehe this story is so awesome. I'm not a big gun fan but nor am I a fan of people who think they can just waltz into someone elses home & take whatever they like unchallenged.

Being British I'm not used to people having guns in their homes, we're not allowed unless it's for hunting & then it takes an awful lot of checks & months to get a licence. I don't know much about it apart from not many people here own a gun.
So, the cretins here feel free to walk into houses (even when your home) & help themselves.

If this had happened in the UK they would have first been arrested for owning the gun, then probably sued for causing him 'stress & depression' and violating his human right to raid your home without being threatened.

*sighs*

[edit on 14-2-2009 by The Chez]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
this guy would have cleaned my toliet with his tong before i even thought about calling the cops, i hope they got his wallet to pay for the acutall break in to, i would have loved to have seen the boys face when he was told to clean the house
click click surprise mofo get this mess tidy before i cap your ass...... lol

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

lol great aint it

I can honeslty say this is the best thing i have read on ATS in all the time iv been reading on here

fills me with joy and laughter

/me pokes the robber in the eye "fck you jack" haha

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syandos
Not to put a damper on the hilarity, but technically speaking this could be considered holding someone aganist their will, i.e. kidnapping.

Let's hope the perp doesn't get a decent lawyer and realize this.

To me, you invade someone's house in pursuit of criminal activity you deserve whatever you get. Good on them!

it's not kidnapping, and i firmly believe the courts will uphold this interpretation

49 states in the united states have laws allowing for citizen arrests to be made

that means in 49 states you can arrest and detain felons until law enforcement arrives to pick up the pieces

and in N.C. you can only detain them, you cant arrest and transport them like you can in the other 49 states

citizens do not receive as many protections from criminals under law that police have, so please observe the law when making an arrest and act like a professional citizen

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

First, always shoot for Center of Mass.

Second, bike theft is not grounds for murder.

Third, as a resident of that area, I'd rather have a minor hoodlum bike thief running around the neighborhood than a psychosocial kid with a .357.

Now if he'd shot him in the butt, -that- would be funny.

As far as this case goes, having the burglar or any criminal go back and clean up after his criminal act, that's not a bad idea. You shoot someone, you have to send their kids through college. You burn down a house, you have to rebuild it. You cause a traffic accident, you have to buy the victim a new car and clean up the mess with a push broom.

Think of it. Teams of former arsonists rebuilding houses under prison guard supervision. Bullies serving as crossing guards. Bank robbers washing bank windows.

Anyway, I digress.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syandos
[.

Think of it. Teams of former arsonists rebuilding houses under prison guard supervision. Bullies serving as crossing guards. Bank robbers washing bank windows.

Anyway, I digress.

i actually take your suggestion seriously, and think you may have found a very good idea

we still may want to keep murderers in jail but
ya this idea is great for non-violent offenders

(arson and bank robbery can turn violent so they may stay in jail )

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You are correct, sir. It is not kidnapping, but a similar offense called 'false imprisonment'. Generally speaking, Kidnapping also involves element of false imprisonment but not the other way around.

However, false imprisonment is also a crime, though it's probably up to the D.A. to make an interpretation. A suit could be brought.

A minor point, because in reality, though it doesn't turn into classic kidnapping unless you remove the detainee from the site, I -believe-.

But detaining anyone at gunpoint could cause a charge of false imprisonment to be filed against you. Jurisdictions may vary.

It wouldn't be advisable to follow this as an example without due caution, since often the tables get turned, as unfair as that might seem.

PS
I was recently reading a case where a homeowner detained a kid while the police were coming by holding him in his front yard and the homeowner was charged with either kidnapping or imprisonment. Might have been because it was a kid and not an adult criminal.

[edit on 14/2/2009 by Syandos]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I find this to be quite amusing. No violence was initiated and a crime was stopped.

Killing two birds with one stone can be very effective. I find this couples actions to be somewhat honorable.

Hopefully this man has learned.

People need not be afraid.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hahahaha, that's genius!
That burglar is going to think twice the next time he tries robbing a house.

This is funnier than the guys from Home Alone.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
hell in a situation like that - you got keep your cool -- when he finishes cleaning the house then theres the barn and then that ditch to drain the back 40 and if he bitches too much hell... just leave him there.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Syandos

You miss the broader picture.

Sure, stealing a bike is not and should not be a capital offense, but the guy who finds out he can steal a bike with impunity then proceeds to stealing cars. Someday he runs into someone who is willing to fight for their car and caps them. Now he's already a killer, so why not just knock off anyone else in his way?

In this case, though, all the other kids who witnessed the act will no longer think they can steal with impunity. They will have less reason to grow up to be thugs. Yeah, one died, but then again, when I think of a gang, I tend to think of hyenas before I do humans.

Best way to fight off a pack of hyenas? Shoot one, and the rest will leave.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Now this is justice; sweet sweet justice.

Definately they should have made him clean the bathroom til they could eat off any surface.

This made my day.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That's funny. bahah. nice one bruh

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Man I have to give credit to the couple. They are probably much classier individuals than I, because I would have given him a face full of buckshot.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

Ummm.... strangely enough, I don't see too many gun-control activists on this thread. Oh, well, they'll make up for it the next time someone gets shot.

TheRedneck

Funny how the do-gooders run and hide in the face of truth and how things work in the real world.

This story is my Utopia.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join