It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Make Burglar Clean Their Home At Gunpoint

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Now did he clean the whole house or just the mess he made. I would have made him scrub the Toilet while he was at it. I am a Texan and a Proud Combat Shotgun owner.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
this story should really be on bts not ats

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Great story.... and I wouldn't worry about a lawsuit. Think of what jurisdiction this case would go to... LOL, it isn't the little EU's (San Fransisco, Seattle, Chicago, etc.)

This is in heartland USA. Alabama (yeah, he is lucky he didn't die, he should be kissing his ass and praying tonight that he didn't get shot or end up "in the woods".)

Bye Thug!

No naive liberal judge or sympathetic idiot starbucks drinking jury for you!

[edit on 14-2-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

hehehe

my god this is still making me laugh lol

Yeah, me too...

This story made my day....

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Syandos

you are allowed to hold or shoot someone in the commission of a felony,in most states. this would not be kidnapping. you need to loosen that leather suit and let some oxygen in. lol

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If you are reading this and you think you want to be a criminal when you grow up, think about this thread and realize you may just f*** with the wrong people when you try stupid s***!
Sorry for the language. I get a little hostile when scumbags think they can terrorize people over some "toys".
Good way to get shot and no it won't be fun and you will forever be
remembered as a bullet ridden scumbag. That REALLY what you want?
Dumpster dive, actually find legitimate work, whatever, but screw around with the wrong person and it'll be your last time. The honest guy would be just as pissed about you as you would be about him. He earned his money the right way, by working hard his whole life like you should. He's probably gonna be pretty pissed if you try to take it away and he won't be thinking you only want a cup of sugar and then you'll leave! Duh.

This guy WAS lucky all he got was a cleaning lesson!
NOW he CAN get a legitimate position with his newly acquired job skill!

[edit on 14-2-2009 by dodadoom]

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sat Feb 14 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Kidnapping, false imprisonment ...

Why do people try to make someone who defends themselves or their property into a criminal?

As stated above, if you catch someone in the act of committing a crime you are within your rights to make a citizens arrest, which usually means detaining (not bludgeoning) the criminal until law enforcement arrives.

Now, making them clean your house.... I don't know... maybe we can charge them with kidnapping, false imprisonment, enslavement, and cruel and unusual punishment. And, if they made him use any cleaning products without gloves and a face mask we can throw in attempted poisoning and a hazmat violation.

Sheesh.....

They should have just shot him dead like the cop said. At least we know he wouldn't be robbing any more houses. (And please, spare the "a tv isn't worth taking a life"...it's not about the physical property. It's about someone invading your home and NOT KNOWING what that person would do should they get the upper hand)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It is to late / early in the UK for some juicy pin-headed comments. Let's wait till tomorrow and find out how evil and paranoid we are for violating this criminals civil rights and how the homeowners should go to prison for life... LOL

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think the fact that the criminal scum bag tried to complain to the police about it and got laughed at is a good indication that the homeowners won't be charged with false imprisonment.

Besides, I don't think there's a jury in the world that would convict.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I fully support the actions of this homeowner. I'm just wondering how the couple managed to physically restrain someone, and then go get their gun without the robber making a run for it. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but if I were that robber, the instant the homeowners showed up, I'd have taken off at top speed before they could do anything.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Excellent find, Nerb!

This is a great story. I'm sure getting robbed would be a very traumatic event for most people, I know it would be for me. But these people had the balls to defend themself and dole out their own form of justice in a non-violent way which I love!! Two thumbs up for the victims
and a big kick in the nuts to the stupid bastard thief who whined about it. Let's hope he doesn't try to sue for violation of his civil rights like the dumb 16 illegal aliens from Mexico who tried to sue the rancher for holding them at gunpoint.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to Syandos post by Syandos

"Second, bike theft is not grounds for murder. Third, as a resident of that area, I'd rather have a minor hoodlum bike thief running around the neighborhood than a psychosocial kid with a .357... " I'm not sure we're talking about the same post by "Fred T."
"A known gang member in for rape (of a senior no less) , assult, and 2nd degree murder who has escaped from juvenile detention..."
First I would like to point out "Escaped Felon" as in on the run, not afraid(read RESPECT) of law enforcement. Has so far worked the system to his advantage being in a juvenile detention center, not that secure. Second point in the "rape of a senior" means NOT someone of high school age but someone of your Grandmothers age. Maybe a little dementia, physiclly slow. Defenseless. I believe those who prey on the aged, children, and the mentally handicap should be treated the same by the law. I assume you have a grandmother as for a daughter; I believe I can safely say you don't have one, if you did I would'nt be writting this in amazement. Third, the charge of assult...I'll give you than one. Maybe he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Last but not least, 2nd degree murder. Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.
For example, Dan comes home to find his wife in bed with Victor. At a stoplight the next day, Dan sees Victor riding in the passenger seat of a nearby car. Dan pulls out a gun and fires three shots into the car, missing Victor but killing the driver of the car.
This kid probably did a drive-by where someone innocent died. The kid which was described as a nerd with a backpack, gets thrown to the ground while this thug and his posse are taunting the kid and stealing his bike As for this hero, (which is what I choose to call him) was getting a headstart on a law enforcement future as it takes courage to defend yourself against over welming odds. As to "a psychosocial kid with a .357... " At that moment, that kid was in the right defending himself from a murdurer. What he's done before or sense has no place here. Heck, he could b
ecome president! Sorry, could'nt help myself. Anyway, thanks for the soapbox. Been a longtime reader though this is the first time I've taken the time to write a post. Anywhere. Thanks for a good well constructed site. 1DTM1

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Baseball bat to the legs would work....
especially if you're scared of guns...
every bedroom should have one!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I agree with the homeowner protecting his property and this made me laugh pretty hard. However, doling out street justice like that can be dangerous. I am taking this from the perspective that some people in the same situation as the couple might not have had such a benign punishment.

One consideration that hasn't been discussed yet is the timing. If they called the cops and in the time it took the cops to come out they made him clean the house then I believe they might be on some solid ground. However, if they caught him then made him clean the house and then called the police that might be false imprisonment. Basically, if they didn't call the police until after they made him clean the house then they did not have a legitimate citizens arrest because their intent by holding him at gunpoint was not to have him arrested but clean the house. I am not a legal scholar so any lawyers out there correct me if I am wrong.

The other thing I would like to point out is if he cleaned the whole house he now knows exactly what they own, where it is, the layout of the house and even that they have a gun now. If he stays in jail and isn't released he could always pass the information along to another burglar. Also, knowing the layout of the house and where they keep things will help him if he ever decides on revenge or witness silencing.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The best way to get clean windows is to aim a 12 gauge at the housekeeper.

Beautiful.
Freaking beautiful.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
BUMP!

Well, I knew this thread would die once it got MOVED from the "Survival" forum.

This is an OLD story after all and shouldn't really be here in a current events forum!

I came back to read it again and have a chuckle.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join