It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Make Burglar Clean Their Home At Gunpoint

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

An American couple turned the tables on a burglar they caught ransacking their home by dispensing their own summary justice.

Without waiting for the law to arrive, the pair doled out their own punishment to the surprised criminal - they made him clean up the house at gunpoint!

When the police arrived the work-shy burglar had the cheek to complain to them - about having to clean up his mess at gunpoint.

“This man had the nerve to raise sand about us making him clean up the mess he made in my house,” said Mrs McKinnon. But the police officer laughed at Bullock when he complained and told him that anybody else would have shot him dead.

Source

Way to go!

This guy is lucky they didn't stick him in a bin-bag afterwards rather than calling the cops.

I'm not a gun owner myself but keep a nice array of knives in strategic places...not quite the same I know but hopefully they'll only be used for cutting string and bread.

Sheeesh! ... what would you have done?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
that is hilarious! Way to go on them....man i would pay to see video of this

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The guy got lucky and can live to see another day. Most people would have shot him dead like the police officer said. I wonder if there will be a lawsuit against the owners for not paying the man for the cleaning.

This is one where the gun nor the people holding it killed. A video would have been nice.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That is hillarious!
I could think of all sorts of things that would have made it even better...

Like making the man put on a ballerina's outfit or a french-maids outfit while he cleaned... And I definately would have filmed it.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
haha

classic!!! that would have been the best youtube vid EVA!!!

and he had the cheek to whine? lol

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Great story, with a happy ending. Chalk one up for the second amendment supporters. What self control on the part of the homeowners to not shoot his sorry butt.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
haha i wouldnt have stopped at just a little mess...by the time the cops would get there my entire house would be spotless and he would be pulling weeds up out of my front yard...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Im thinking specifically, I would have had him clean the toilet.
With his head.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What would have happened in the UK?

Victims of crime have no rights there eh?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Good for them.

That's one way to make crime pay....for the victims, that is.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Lol if the cops knew you had a gun you would infact get arrested.. this can only happen in the usa !!

we have to let people rob our house as we hide and wait for the cops, unless you have some pretty neat weapons.. but then again a gun is alot more usefull as you can see..

such a great story !!! still makes me chuckle

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

THIS IS BRILLIANT! I rarely capitalise things in my posts but this was just brilliant. They could have shot him and claimed self defense, they could have just called the police and watch him get off with a tiny sentence whilst they clean up their house, but no. These people had the great idea of making him clean up and do a little bit of work he never usually would. The idea of him complaining about it is just pathetic. I fear he'll try and sue them for slave labour or something.

I love this story, it has cheered me up no end

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
that is hilarious! Way to go on them....man i would pay to see video of this

Awww damn you're right, they shoudl have got a camera phone out and put it on youtube. That would just be utterly great.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
yeah gives a whole new meaning to name and shame LOL

2nd

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Think if they HAD put it on youtube...

People all over the world would see what happens when you are a criminal.
It would have been great.
It also would have garnered huge MSM coverage and the video would have been taken off of youtube pending a lawsuit, but still. It would have been a good thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My old neighbor caught a robber in his home, made him strip so he would not run off and made him stay in the closet until the cops got there.

Cleaning the house, though, that one takes the cake.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
"made sand"???

hate to tell you all this, but that quote, and likely the story is a fake.

if anyone in america uses the term 'make sand' they are instantly killed with powerful firearms at once by nearly everyone at all.

....make sand....holy makerel, give me a break.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
lol!!!

this thread has to be the best on here so far for the feel good factor!!

everytime i come to see a post i end up laughing

I can just see his face!!!! its like americas dumbest crims LOL

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

lol yeah but how funny would it be to see that pathetic little house robber cleaning up!!! at gun point..

householder : Now get over there and put that back.,. and whilst your at it get the damn hoover out NOW # befor a bust a cap in your a$$

hahaha omg

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Not to put a damper on the hilarity, but technically speaking this could be considered holding someone aganist their will, i.e. kidnapping.

Let's hope the perp doesn't get a decent lawyer and realize this.

To me, you invade someone's house in pursuit of criminal activity you deserve whatever you get. Good on them!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join