It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden hits the bottle

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Bin Laden hits the bottle

www.themercury.com.au

A TASMANIAN winery has launched a new range of wines with labels featuring terrorist leader Osama bin Laden.

Another label reproduces an image that surfaced from the torture scandal at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq, of a hooded prisoner with electric wires attached to his hands.

The wines are being produced by the Moorilla winery, owned by millionaire gambler David Walsh, at Berriedale in Hobart's northern suburbs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So what is it with these alchol products that want to anger the US. It wasn't that long ago vodka bottles showed the lower west portion of the US belonging to Mexico now they have Osama Bin Laden on wine bottles saying The stencil image of bin Laden goes next to a graffiti message reading "all you need is love". I don't drink wine if I did it wouldn't be coming from that winery.They also have labels showing image that surfaced from the torture scandal at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq and beneath the torture image are the words "Iraqi liberation".

www.themercury.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Bin Laden is long dead, and Muslims don't drink Alcohol. I think it's funny.

Abu Ghraib... well it isn't like we had a five star hotel there with a day spa. We tortured the heck out of people against every US and International law. Torture, sodomy, homicide, it was evil, and if someone wants to poke a finger in our eye over it, that is their right to free speech. No big deal. We are supposed to be a civilized nation, and Abu Ghraib was everything but civilized.

Chill, have a glass of wine, and enjoy your freedom. They may come after you next.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I am a winedrinker. I like Australian wines. I like to buy AUSTRALIAN products and not imported, cheap rubbish from a country that employs some little kid and pays them 5cents a month

I think the labels are a great idea and do not really care if the American market does like it. Why would an Australian wine producer even care what Americans, or people from any other country for that matter, think of his wine labels? The man is smart and does not buy the lies they feed us.

It is actually a very clever marketing strategy.

res

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Yeah mate ....what you said too

resi

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sorry, beer drinkin' Texan here. This doesnt impress or surprise me at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well I feel as though I should invite you guys to bring a case of that wine to have a little wine and cheese tasting at ground zero in New York then and please invite David Walsh. I'll make sure all New York knows when you be there.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Well I feel as though I should invite you guys to bring a case of that wine to have a little wine and cheese tasting at ground zero in New York then and please invite David Walsh. I'll make sure all New York knows when you be there.

I doubt if anybody would show up. Unless this was reported across all of our major "news" networks of course. Generally we Americans have the attention span of your average housecat.

And you know what, i say kudos to this guy. Someone should be cashing in on our blatant idiocy besides all the morons in washington.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Jemaah Islamiah says why can't we all get along.in peace and harmony. I think that would probly go good on a can of Foster beer.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's nice of them to commemorate a CIA employee. This winery should be supported.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Should we be cringeing in our boots ??? Not

The Us actually rates pretty low on my list of places to visit sooooo even if I was invited and had the airfare and spening money provided, I would decline.

res

[edit on 14-2-2009 by resistancia]

top topics

join