It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi Passes Legislation Protecting Gun Owners During Martial Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Mississippi Passes Legislation Protecting Gun Owners During Martial Law

www.infowars.com

Mississippi lawmakers have passed a bill to protect the state’s residents during martial law. On the Office of the Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi website, Phil Bryant announces the passage of SB 2036. The legislation “restricts the power of a peace officer to confiscate firearms and ammunitions in an emergency or during a time of martial law,” according to the website.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Way to go Mississippi! But I wonder how this is going to go over with the current cabal of gun grabbers in power?

This is quite a relevant and important story, particularly when we see L.E. agencies doing everything they can to confiscate guns, with "food for guns" and other ridiculous programs preying on people's desperation.

Quite interesting that this politician makes reference to "matial law"---This is not some "conspiracy nut" uttering these words folks...

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nice. I hope other states follow suit.

What happened after hurricane Katrina was a fiasco.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
They will use thier usual tactic and claim federal law trumps state law.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Does that apply only to state government declared disasters and martial law or to federally declared? So if the governor ordered the state national guard to confiscate arms they would be in violation but what if the order came from the federal level? War with the fed and the state?

And what's a "peace officer"? I guess we can assume that regular police are "peace officers" but are guardsmen? Can they just throw together a bunch of people and declare they are a "confiscation force"? They technically wouldnt be "peace officers" so would they taking guns be legal under this?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A "peace officer" is anyone designated or deputized by local, state, or federal authorities to maintain law, order and peace within the confines of thier respective mandates and jurisdictions.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Excellent!
So when they(law enforcement, troops, fema, federal marshalls etc..) come to take confiscate my guns during an emergency or marshall law, I can keep that warm and fuzzy feeling inside as I empty round after round into their body's.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If you don't want to stare at Alex Jones' crappy website you can look at the direct link:

Non Crappy Website

Star and flag!

(Please don't kill me Alex Jones)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is very good, I hope more states follow through.
Montana is going past that.. there is a bill awaiting to pass, that prohibits
anyone other than montana police to take away or regulate any gun that is manufactured in the state.
So basically the state sets the rules for the gun, and what ever it is, the feds have no control or power to dictate or take away.
The states seem to be taking back their power.
I am hoping it passes. Hope they look at this one and pass one similar as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That is a good law, and hopefully other states will follow.

We need more good people in office to make the right decisions like that one; and lets get rid of the people in office who are trying to take away our rights.

Its just that simple, and there is no fear mongering or bloodshed.

Americans are great people.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As good as this news is, if you follow the link that emsed1 posted, you will also see that they made it a illegal to sell children. That was legal up to this point?

Anyways, good for Mississippi, hope more states follow up with this sort of thing, let the gun grabbers in DC know where the states stand in regard to seizing our firearms.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Actually I am going to write AND call the state legislature here in FLA and see if we can't get something along those lines on the docket here. Thanks for the post OP S&F
I urge the rest of you to do the same.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
its just a law passed to let everyone drop their guard thinking the state gov. is behind them. but the law clearly says if the state cannot handle the emergency the feds will step in and do what they want to who they want, trumping all state laws. however its good to see mississippi passing a law giving us a heads up on what is coming.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I must admit that it is quite nice to see Mississippi ahead of the curve for a change.

It would seem that some here are trying to live up to our State motto:

Virtute et Armis
By Valor and Arms

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
As good as this news is, if you follow the link that emsed1 posted, you will also see that they made it a illegal to sell children. That was legal up to this point?

That part of the law was to stop folks from charging a huge fee for private adoptions! That was legal and still is in some states!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If you don't want to stare at Alex Jones' crappy website you can look at the direct link:

Non Crappy Website

Star and flag!

(Please don't kill me Alex Jones)

HEY! You or the site you are referring to CAN NOT HOLD A CANDLE TO ALEX JONES!
He is a American Hero!
YES TO infowars.com and because of your CRAPPY attitude I wouldn't oblige you to even look at anything your referring me to.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake08

Um...

That is the site Alex Jones is quoting ON the crappy website infowars.com

So, technically, if you look at infowars you will see the information FROM the crappy website except that it will be surrounded by lots of flashing crap trying to sell you crap.

PS - Don't kill me Alex Jones. I'm serious.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdog36
Excellent!
So when they(law enforcement, troops, fema, federal marshalls etc..) come to take confiscate my guns during an emergency or marshall law, I can keep that warm and fuzzy feeling inside as I empty round after round into their body's.

Do we still have that TOS rule about making posts that relate to illegal activity, if so, see above.

Great law, bad post.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well its coming down to a civil war. Miss is not the only state "Fed" up with this bull# central gov. we call a gov of the people. Hah and up your a** you dead beat elected pieces of total aboslute sh**. Over my dead body and I know their are many others ready and willing to make a final stand. Life is no longer sweet as we are facing lies and deceit in very high places. No chiping my skinny a** and you ain't going to take my 9 mil without me first sharing my amo with you lieing bastards.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Alright old Mis!

We need this to start a trend, and maybe we have hope after all.
Cause without our weapons we will fall.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join