It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latin American ex-leaders urge legalization of marjiana, end to failed drug war

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
Another odd thing I wanted to add is that many believe Cannabis is an alien plant... it is the only plant that has a Male and Female both separate from each other..

The term is dioecious and no, cannabis is far from being the only plant like this. Holly is another well-known example. Others include poplar, willow, yew. So, not alien at all. Here is a long list of others:

www.msuplants.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
To tax this would be like taxing everyone who grows tomatoes.

That's a good comparison.

How many people grow their own tomatoes vs buy them at grocery shops?

I wouldn't grow my own, I'd pick it up at the store. What about the people who just use it on every other weekend? What about people who live in apartments with no gardens? What about the people who want the insane dank strains?

I think it's crazy to think that the majority of users would grow their own.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

You have a point that not everyone could grow but remember, tomatoes aren't taxed.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
Another odd thing I wanted to add is that many believe Cannabis is an alien plant... it is the only plant that has a Male and Female both separate from each other..

The term is dioecious and no, cannabis is far from being the only plant like this. Holly is another well-known example. Others include poplar, willow, yew. So, not alien at all. Here is a long list of others:

www.msuplants.com...

Exactly.... now if you want to see an Alien species... look at Kombucha mushrooms... they don't grow wild...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I use to be a big pot-head, I got tired of dealing with my "friends" I got it from. I have since reverted to drinking wine.

Look at how they have tried degrading Michael Phelps, the only gold winning olympist. All because of an ideology of a lone beaurocrat 100 years ago. People cant think for themselves they just follow the herd.
It is sickening.
Gateway drug? who came up with that one, a millionaire of some sort no doubt.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Cannabis is the only ANNUAL that is dioecious.Hops,a close relative,is a biannual dio.All the plants you named are perennials,as most perennials have two sexes.If you want an alien possibility look at the structure of psilocybin. Waaay off topic.
Did you hear of the recent US supreme Court ruling in Gonzales vs UDV?Unanimous,ruled agin' the DEA in favor of a small Church that uses a '___' brew called Ayahuasca.The Roberts Court reasoned that the taste is so foul it could hardly be considered recreational.It is strong,but you know what?The analogue admixture is reed canary grass,and that grows everywhere in these parts.And when you know what's in store,a little barfing (actually a LOT)and well expulsion from the other end,shall we say,is a part of the process.You feel much better afterwards,unlike sickness or migraine puke.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

My apologies for getting offtopic, but I cannot let misinformation pass me by without correction. Croton texensis is also an annual dioecious, as is Mercurialis annua. There are not many but again cannabis is not the lone example of these traits.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just from the hemp products alone, my god what are we doing!! Our fore fathers smoked it and advocated its use. I could just imagine Lincoln getting high and jamming on his harmonica! What a great quote!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join