It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new and possibly the best ghost footage on film

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by eufoseekere

It came days after his nine-year-old sister complained that someone was
mysteriously finishing her jigsaws at night.

You're right, no human being would finish a Jigsaw like this.

And there is no way someone could fake a shadow moving across a wall.

I'll star and flag this one.

theres loads of ways someone could fake a shadow, like someone said earlier there is a sheet a perspex or glass being used.

God some of you are so gullable.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If you look closely there seems to be a second shadow being cast behind the first one. Kind of surprised I noticed that right away but would lend credence to the plexi-glass/glass reflection theory and a hoax.

I watched it a few times to make sure I was seeing a second shadow although it's a very light shadow, it is there.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Faked or not its a pretty impressive video. If it is faked then the kid is quite a good actor certainly better than Clive Owen...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

This is weird video , the boy seems genuinely scared.

There's a light source behind him but it's an upstairs window so unlikely a shadow that tall would be created from outside.

He appears to be on his own as when he turned around he seemed to do so too quickly for anyone to be crouched underneath him.

It appears that the light comes into view first then the shadow heads toward the light, straight through the banister to where there is empty space.

It doesn't appear to be a deliberate hoax, so the next obvious conclusion would be shadows, but I'm buggered if I can figure out where the shadow came from or what caused it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It's crap, the shadow follows the camera as it's pulled away so I'm not impressed by this one bit.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I can’t believe any cell phone picture or videos. Check this out www.tricklife.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I see the glass too, at the start of the video you can see the reflection on the glass from a light source, and it follows across and doesn't match up with the background at all.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
FAKE and not a a very convincing one at that. You can clearly see a transparent sheet being put in front of the camera. The movement is all wrong and the kids reaction IMHO is false.

Then again it is The Sun!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I would have to say that, that in fact sounds like a truly frightened child. The Shock, Delay of Reaction, and Sheer Panic all point to something really freaking this kid out.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
pardon my ignorance, but where's the video feed? Never mind I found it. -Thanks

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Zeus2573]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't know if it's really a ghost in this video. All I can say is that ghosts or spirits (whatever term you want to use) are real. I have seen many in many life and I have taken excellent pictures of them too. But at the end of the day, anyone who has not experienced it personally, will always have to rely on someone else's words.

People can manipulate footage in too many ways. Someone may find my statement stupid but I think that the best proof often lies in accounts and not in footage. On the other hand, there are many attention seekers and hoaxers out there. But it's impossible that everyone is a liar and that's the point.

Greetings

[edit on 12-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I am a firm believer in shadow activity however, not this time. The sheet of glass is quite apparent as the child pans to the right. The reflection of a light source in the upper right only becomes apparent when the sheet is placed before the lens. Neat trick if you ask me. The child’s reaction really sells the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It doesn't sound like a kid, it sounds like a grown up putting on a stupid voice. Then when he says "oh my god" he kinda slips out out of the voice into his normal one. Seems like it's just some bored dude who has nothing better to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
RATS!! I was really hoping for a great ghost video. I actually watched this over and over, sent it to my friends, called some people in from the other room, it looked real enouh. But the more I watched, the more I saw, it's fake. Yep, right after the kid swings the camera to face the doorway, a glass or a sheet of clear plastic is moved on frame from the left. No doubt about it. Bummer, great fake tho. I'm glad they didn't go the route of a computer made fake, the old school creative fakes are way more enjoyable to try and spot.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
dont look fake to me, i have seen the same thing with a ex & my yougest brother 6yrs ago,

its was a bigger darker shadow but looked very simular to this sighting, i have no idea wot it was...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't buy this at all.

I think the kid's reaction is what made me decide "LOL" to this video...

Nice attempt though.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think it's a fake.

Some of you say the kid sounds genuine.

Watch again and listen to him. Sounds like an adult pretending to be a kid. The quick pan over the balcony and in 'mummy's room' is too quick , but for some reason he stops before the 'ghost' appears, which in my eyes suggests he knew there was nothing on the stairs or in the room, but was waiting for the 'shadow'.

Also his voice changes, but seems forced, or rehearsed... 'oh my god' , and it just doesn't sound natural. Plus the footage ends, the second after you see the ghost.

Usually the best way to test if a reaction is genuine or not, is to check the behaviour of the victim a few seconds afterwards. But alas, not here....

Also, what 9 nine year old says 'Mummy' in such a soft voice, but then 'Oh my God' in such a harsh voice?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
wow that was pretty creepy, if it's a fake than it was pretty well done because that shadow looks to me like it is a bit in front of the wall. doesn't look to me like a shadow that would normally be cast.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
his voice sounds like he is faking

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There is definitely brought up in front of the camera.. glass probably. Also, when he pans left again, the shadow stays with it for a moment. Also, I always question the video that are too convenient. He just happened to be looking the right direction and filming at that exact moment.... so very convenient.

But the glass bit.. unless it's an effect of whatever that is, it's something in front of the camera.. ergo, a hoax.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join