It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clues to the next terrorist attack in "A Beautiful Mind"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Has anyone considered the intervention of divine intuition when it comes to Ron Howards moveie ???
some of you will know what i mean and others wont but it may very well be this movie and its symbolism are inspired from a level that is beyond human comprehension and is being used as a warning to what is going on with our world more than it might actually have to do with an actual time and day of an attack regarding the numbers and symbols and all that stuff ??

The movie may have been in the process of being created and filmed and then the heavies came in and decided to overlook and oversee what was going on ...so god forbid something be released with real value to what the heck is really going on ???
Dont look for dates but look for the movie as a warning is where i think this needs to go ............

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
WOTS,

I haven't thought of it in precisely those terms, but certainly your idea has great merit.

This truly is a cosmic battle we are wrestling with here, after all.

Not done looking at this a little more closely quite yet, though.

"We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities... and the powers of wickedness in high places."

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
"We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities... and the powers of wickedness in high places."

Megapatriot, you read my mind. I was thinking the very words when my eyes fell upon your quote. Nice to know we see eye to eye on that count.

I've lined up (to read) "Digital Fortress," "Angels and Demons" and "The DaVinci Code."

There is a NWO conspiracy, which has been building since the time of Adam. Think of those words Paul uttered. Not mere words, but a warning to those who have ears to hear.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i think this is exactly whats going on ....im a great believer in signs and other mystical information and of course my intuition almost never fails me .....this battle were in is a spiritual battle and the battle is between our lower nature here in the physical realm and that of the spirit....
we are living in a dream within gods dream that his consciousness has been forming over and over for infinity..creating diverse universe after diverse universe without end .....one day we will wake up from this terrible dream drama and realize our immortality and that the infinite lord is the sole reality ........thats what this is all about...this world is phantasmagoria ....a play of light and shadow on the back drop of time and space.................................
peace
om
aum
amen
amin.............Kutastha chaitanya

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I've lined up (to read) "Digital Fortress," "Angels and Demons" and "The DaVinci Code."

How about reading A Beautiful mind
by Sylvia Nasar. It seems to me you talk talk about the movie until the cows come home, but the book will provide much more detail, without the Hollywood influence. Then, you can decide for yourself.
The book is ALWAYS better than the movie

And, my copy is setting next to me, next in line for reading.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You have a point. My good friend (a fan of Nash and fellow brainiac) has read "A Beautiful Mind" and I've relied on his insights. Of course, it's always better to read the book.
You have no idea how many books I'm reading and waiting to read at the moment, though!
I need to disappear for a month just to catch up.

The point of re-watching the movie is, I think, to go back and view it through the lense of possible conspiracy/propaganda, i.e. hidden messages or misdirection. It probly would be best to read the book first. However, I just can't right now. Perhaps you could share with us any relevant insights? It would be appreciated.

Has anyone ever heard of any books being written on his wife, Alicia? I would love to know more about her. She could very well be the key.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Perhaps you could share with us any relevant insights? It would be appreciated.

Has anyone ever heard of any books being written on his wife, Alicia? I would love to know more about her. She could very well be the key.

It is next on by list. I should be startiang it within the next day or two. I will definitely share, probably as I read. If I don't post as I read, I will forget the "good stuff"!

Has anyone done any research on his wife, to share??

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hey thanks. So, there IS a book on Alicia? That's cool. By all means let us know what you learn and if any of it applies to theories we've discussed.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Hey thanks. So, there IS a book on Alicia? That's cool. By all means let us know what you learn and if any of it applies to theories we've discussed.

ECK, so sorry, my reply was a little muddy!
I am reading A beautiful mind, not a book about Alicia. I did a search on Amazon and see no such animal. Sorry to get your hopes up.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I totally agree with AnonymousPoster4 and I think you guys were especially rude to him. He was just stating his opinion, and I agree with it. You can look for "clues" in anything. If anybody is familiar with the nutcase fans of the late Tupac Shakur, who present millions of random theories about when and where he will return and why his death was faked, you will know what I mean. Do a search for "tupac seven fake death" on Google and I'm sure you are bound to receive tons of results.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
As promised, I read A Beautiful Mind. The movie had little to do with his life. In many ways, the book was scarier than the movie.
There seemd to be no large period when he was madly clipping articles, although he did do it. There were no envelopes being delivered to secret mailboxes.

The "handler" and the little girl also seem to be a fiment of the movie's imagination, a collective identity for his illness. He did write many letters to world leaders. Another thing, he apperntly NEVER had electroshock treatmenst because of fear of his having memeory loss.
His second son, by his wife. also suffers from the same illness.

After 30 years of suffering, John Nash apprently had a complete remsiion of his symptoms.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hello there,

I too have become convinced that there is some kind of hidden apocalyptic message inside A Beautiful Mind, though how I came to this conclusion is rather a long story.

As it happens, about 9 months ago I decided to partake of the mescaline containing cactus San Pedro. Keep reading please. During this experience I somehow, in my weird mind state, began to watch A Beautiful Mind on my computer AND listen to the album "Kid A" by Radiohead AT THE SAME TIME.

Now, as I sat there watching and listening I very quickly realized that they SYNCH UP in an extremely uncanny way. The music matches the pictures and general storyline perfectly.

Not only this, but after watching the whole thing through and being completely stunned at what I was seeing/hearing, I decided to watch it all again only this tme I put Radiohead's album "amnesiac" on after "kid a" on the playlist so that the 2 albums played consecutively over the film.

I was stunned again, the second album synchs up with A Beautiful Mind just as perfectly as the first one.

I happen to believe that somehow Kid A, Amnesiac and A Beautiful Mind are MEANT to be watched in this way, the coincidences are so great.

Here's how to set it up, I urge you all to try this.

Load the 2 albums one after the other in a playlist in winamp (easiest). Kid A then Amnesiac. Then start "A Beautiful Mind", press play on winamp when the Dreamworks logo/animation starts.

You have to start/stop it at the following moments:

1. Stop winamp at the end of "Idioteque".

2. Press play again at the start of Chapter 13.

3. Stop winamp when "Motion Picture Soundtrack" finishes.

4. Start it again at the beginning of Chapter 15

After that you can just let it play together.

There are several moments I can remember that blew me away when I saw it , however it's been a while and I have since lost the DVD. Here they are:

1. At the start when he notices that the reflection from the glass fits in with pattern on that other guy's tie, the song is "Everything in it's right place". Seems to fit.

2. When "Big Brother" is showing him the video of the russian nuclear arms program, the lyrics of idioteque seem to match up: ie. "Who's in a bunker? who's in a bunker?". "We're not scaremongering, This is really happening" etc.

3. When he is in the psychiatrists office and he is explaining to him that he is actually insane, the song "motion picture soundtrack" starts up and the lyrics "i think you're crazy, maybe" seem to fit.

4. When he chases that imaginary person through the forest, and then is confronted by the imaginary army people. At that exact moment the song "You And Whose Army?" starts up, with the lyrics "Come on, come on if you think you can drive me crazy". This part is freaky as hell.

5. When he realizes that the little girl is imaginary, and he is talking to the psychiatrist again, the song "I Might Be Wrong" seems to fit the scene.

6. There is a scene near the end where he is kind of listlessly riding his bike in a figure of 8. The song "Like Spinning Plates" starts up and seems to fit exactly.

I reccommend you watch the film the whole way through first and make yourself familiar with the albums before you do this.

After doing it you should have a good look at the booklets that come in the CD cases, as they provide more clues.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thre problem with that entire scenario is...the movie is Hollywood's view of the book. The book is a very detailed account of Nash's life. Many of the most suspicious things in the movie did not even happen. Call it Ron Howard's poetic license, or whatever.

I suggest you read the book, and see if you still feel the same, with or without music.
BTW, there is a lot of information in the book that may point to what the government has been up to, with relation to RAND Corp and post-WWII America.
worth a read

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yes. You're right.

"They" do hide their events like a calling card in media; it's affluent mental illness.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Interesting post, but why this film???

That said, you've just made me want to watch a Russel Crowe movie, however, which has just earned you a place on my foes list.

Well done!!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Wait a minute, you are basing a theory off a movie? You do know that Movies are fake. They have whats known as a script. They make up everything from their own imagination. Once they have an idea they think would sell, they create a fake experience which performs the script. None of it is real. It's an error of judgement on your part. A rediculously stupid one at that. Movies are not real, your brain capacity isn't REAL.... big either.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It's weird that you said it will be in an Eastern city did you mean in the US or in the world? because as you obviously know this did happen. very strange.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mepatriot

Thank you for this heads up but as i cristian believer all this has to happen. Believe me there is going to be another terror attack pretty soon dont know the day or time but believe me its gonna happen. you might think im crazy after i say this but hey the world must know. GOD told me there was going to be a terror attack once again so the USA can send back the troops to the middle east and keep conquering lands over there but this terror attack our not the muslims. once again it is going to be the USA attacking the US. The US is using HITLERS tactics bomb your own nation and blame it on some other country and go to war and conquer it. LIE, Deceive , Monipulate your own people. Thank YOU Mepariot

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join