It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total economic collapse is unavoidable at this point

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There are two technical scenarios for Gold: 1) is that the 680+ low late last year was it (end of correction) and we continue to grind higher and once thru the old highs (low 1000s) we accelerate on up towards $2000 (shy of the inflation adjusted high made just after the USSRs invasion of Afghanistan in 1980). 2) the last low was an A wave of an Elliott ABC Wave and this is the corresponding B wave. The next move (C) would be back down towards and possibly even taking out the old low (680+). The B wave is usually a sucker move and the C violently shakes the tree... then the real impulse commences. I cant say with certainty which scenario will unfold but we still do have a lot of potential deflation left before the future inflation gets traction. If we deflate without a systemic collapse then we may get another shake out. The psychology of gold is sure bubble-ish now....including a lot of new open interest in the calls with strike prices at new all time highs. Next week Glenn Beck will be having a "what if..." theme on the economy....stressing the worst case scenarios; ie. "what if the banks fail?" "what can we do to protect our money?" right at the top of the gold market for the last 7 months. I would not be surprised to see the IMF come in next week somewhere between 960-70 on gold and announce new gold sales to cap the market (and then a wave of futures selling coming in to drive it back down)....we may see it touch $1000 first (to really get the public leaning that way) but it would be even more bearish if we cant. Remember a lot of people were surprised to see gold drop that fast from 1000 to under 700 and even more so in silver from $21+ to under $9! Silver btw isnt even back to $14 yet but it is also more of an industrial metal whereas gold is more of a monetary metal.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
This is not a prediction, this is not a regurgitation of nonsense I have read it is what I KNOW.

So far in 2009 we have witnessed:
-The bankruptcy of the state of California.(5th or 6th biggest economy in the world)
-Utter failure of the 2008 stimulus effort.
-Passage of a new large stimulus and bailout that will fail.
-Failure to even attempt to fix the problems, therefore dooming us to continue the same path of destruction, towards a total economic collapse.

The problem we, and the world faces is so insurmountable that it will throw the world into chaos by the end of 2009.

-The dollar will be toilet paper.
-Gold will explode.
-Mexico's gov't will collapse by april, causing a massive influx of "refugees".
-Tax revenues will be so low that the federal gov't will cease to exist by 2010.
-Martial law will be declared but unpaid soldiers will desert.

There is the doom I see.

It appears you have no background in economics or any credentials, so, basically I'll bet you money
Why not? It's only going to be toilet paper, right?
I joke around about the dollar being worth toilet paper, but I by no means actually believe that.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Ok here are some facts that my credentialess arse knows, (out of thin air mind you) just so others can know some useless facts while they take the time to read this.

-The IRS is the Federal Reserve Bank's mafia/protection racket.

-The IMF pulls the strings at the Fed.

-The Fed is owned by "The Money Masters" (Rothschilde (Red Shield), Rockefeller, Warburg, Schiff money cartel)

-They determine the money supply.

-They cause depressions and booms by increasing or decreasing the money supply.

-Right and Left alike adhere to this system of total monetary domination, so there is no difference in politics as everything is controlled by "The Money Masters".
- The Money masters have successfully looted all the gold in fort Knox.

-We could easily have a stable prosperous economy if the U.S. gov't would print Fiat money based on the faith and good credit of the U.S. gov't.

-Since it is controlled, the money masters can cause booms and busts in which they know the timing so they can be the first ones out the door in the times of depression, and be the first ones in on the ground floor when the boom cycle is turned back on.

-We are heading into the greatest consolidation of wealth into the hands of the elite "Money Masters" of all time, they are attempting a Global takeover through control of the money supply, this is their New World Order. They will be attempting a global currency that will replace all nations current currency. One World Government will be upon us.

-I WILL FIGHT!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

-Mexico's gov't will collapse by april, causing a massive influx of "refugees".

That could be stopped if we just bring the troops home from iraq and have them guard our borders with STK orders.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

-We could easily have a stable prosperous economy if the U.S. gov't would print Fiat money based on the faith and good credit of the U.S. gov't.

That's better than the present system of fiat money printed by the banks, but all fiat money systems are trouble because our leaders always overprint and that causes bubbles that eventually pop.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
It's never good when a large segment of people want for the system to fail just because it's something 'exciting and new.'

Its not because it's exciting and new, it's because people have no faith at all in the present system. Many of those who perhaps sound like they are rooting for the collapse know it's going to get bad and has to get bad before it gets better when some kind of new paradigm takes over. Many would like to get the collapse over with so we can go ahead and start a new world, whatever form it ends up taking.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So a little update on the Mexico situation:

www.cnn.com...

This means that Martial Law is now in effect at least in the city of Juarez. El Paso Tx, is on the other side of the Rio Grande, from Juarez. Many people commute across the international border every day, for shopping, jobs, and medical reasons.

Nobody that I have seen around here is wigging out too bad at the moment. It is still business as usual. I have been seeing a large amount of Border Patrol activity, and I have talked to several BP agents. They are all saying that everything is fine so far on the U.S. side, they have been picking up a lot of aliens though. "Business is Booming" according to one of my buddies that is a BP agent. He said that there are a ton of people trying to cross the border illegally. Last time I talked to him he was with a group of 40 or so that they were loading on the Wackenhut bus. Lol. He says he sees the same people over and over again.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bringer

I've got the "Blue Pill" for a low, low price of 100 bucks..........

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Do you really want to make the speed limit 45? If you are not joking, why would you want such a thing?

[edit on 7-3-2009 by downtown436]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Do you really want to make the speed limit 45? If you are not joking, why would you want such a thing?

consider that all the 400hp...0 to 80mph vehicles were now history...
it stands to reason that a lot of mediocre vehicles, with 50-100hp would
replace thos $35-55k performance demons that were never actually needed or practical.
If the peoples cars were 45mph, 45hp conveyors of individuals...
then bullet-trains and mag-lev public movers would become normal for 'distance' traveling

Flying would be there for the once-a-year vacationers & elite jet-setters...
but at a energy footprint cost.

the performance vehicle has been the counter-intuitive beast of a nightmare social order.

lets reason together and develop a new mindset...other than the 'I-got-mine' Darwinian model.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
From downtown 436:

"I live in a neighborhood full of old people. If there are looters I will be their only line of defense."

Glad you feel that way,they will be lucky to have you and this matters.

I am very rural and can tell you that the "old people" out here are TOUGH!!! Amazing actually.

They despise laziness,know how to work hard,save money,and make do when times are tough...they play dominos for entertainment,can make a meal out of nothing,make alcohol out of the darndest stuff,fix just about everything,hang out together socially and take care of each other when they're sick or at times of loss,prop each other up in all areas of life, and the ones I've chatted with recently are convinced they will be "just fine" no matter what because honestly?

They never bought into the "program" to begin with.

Most percieve the "government" as simply an un-named entity who makes them pay taxes and don't believe a word they spew.
They refuse to compromise a "quality" of life for "having more" in life.

I'm going to hang at THEIR places this Summer when they make game sausage,can just about everything,plant gardens,and live simply and comfortably.

For all my education and success,they are a helluva' lot "smarter" than I am.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
From downtown 436:

"I live in a neighborhood full of old people. If there are looters I will be their only line of defense."

Glad you feel that way,they will be lucky to have you and this matters.

I am very rural and can tell you that the "old people" out here are TOUGH!!! Amazing actually.

They despise laziness,know how to work hard,save money,and make do when times are tough...they play dominos for entertainment,can make a meal out of nothing,make alcohol out of the darndest stuff,fix just about everything,hang out together socially and take care of each other when they're sick or at times of loss,prop each other up in all areas of life, and the ones I've chatted with recently are convinced they will be "just fine" no matter what because honestly?

They never bought into the "program" to begin with.

Most percieve the "government" as simply an un-named entity who makes them pay taxes and don't believe a word they spew.
They refuse to compromise a "quality" of life for "having more" in life.

I'm going to hang at THEIR places this Summer when they make game sausage,can just about everything,plant gardens,and live simply and comfortably.

For all my education and success,they are a helluva' lot "smarter" than I am.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by irishchic]

Starred. I have had similar experiences when associating with 'old timers'

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join