It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total economic collapse is unavoidable at this point

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is not a prediction, this is not a regurgitation of nonsense I have read it is what I KNOW.

So far in 2009 we have witnessed:
-The bankruptcy of the state of California.(5th or 6th biggest economy in the world)
-Utter failure of the 2008 stimulus effort.
-Passage of a new large stimulus and bailout that will fail.
-Failure to even attempt to fix the problems, therefore dooming us to continue the same path of destruction, towards a total economic collapse.

The problem we, and the world faces is so insurmountable that it will throw the world into chaos by the end of 2009.

-The dollar will be toilet paper.
-Gold will explode.
-Mexico's gov't will collapse by april, causing a massive influx of "refugees".
-Tax revenues will be so low that the federal gov't will cease to exist by 2010.
-Martial law will be declared but unpaid soldiers will desert.

There is the doom I see.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What a time to Wake Up..

=(

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hope is still there.

Because either way, humanity makes the choice to be hurled into chaos, or work together on a scale never achieved before.

I choose working together.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You're not far from the truth there. My suggestion:

Don't fight Survival is paramount.
If you have a rifle and ammo use it to hunt food.
DON'T STAY IN THE CITIES IF YOU CAN HELP IT.
Find solutions to problems, no matter how daunting they may be.
When the dust settles, the Awake will be the leadership of the New America.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I sure picked a real bad time to stop smoking weed. and move back to las vegas.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I moved to Reno...Las Vegas is begging for chaos. We're a little quieter up here, and the community is closer, much closer than that of Las Vegas. It didn't used to be that way. When I first moved there the population was equal to that of what Reno is now...About 600,000. Now it's 2.2 million.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i agree, avoiding any kind of conflict will become paramount to each individuals survival. if/when the shtf i will be bailing to the mountains north of here where vegetation and game are more plentiful and there are far less cities and towns. stocking up on canned goods and water for the trek, where i'm going there are some great sources of fresh water so that is a big plus+++. i'm hoping to find a nice cave system for shelter, but not counting on it. i know it would be wise to go scout for a few different areas but i don't have the resources or time for something like that right now

it's funny that many people keep saying that it's just an "economic downturn"...there are plenty of things going wrong right now to suggest otherwise.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My everyday life confirms the ops title.
Unfortunatelly

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

For many years I planned to escape to the mountains/out of the city. However, these days, I am thinking I will stay put in the city when the SHTF.

Everyone will be escaping out of the city.

Of course the reason for the SHTF will dictate where people really go.

I plan on staying place in my fortress.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Hope is still there.

Because either way, humanity makes the choice to be hurled into chaos, or work together on a scale never achieved before.

Good. Work together all you want while the rest of us SURVIVE.

I'm not trying to advocate anything, but for every person who wants to take the 'high road' there will be 100 gangs roaming the streets with AK-47's who think the 'work together' types are easy prey.

Re-watch: Mad Max II: The Road Warrior as a refresher course.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly

Originally posted by dalan.
Hope is still there.

Good. Work together all you want while the rest of us SURVIVE.

I'm not trying to advocate anything, but for every person who wants to take the 'high road' there will be 100 gangs roaming the streets with AK-47's who think the 'work together' types are easy prey.

Re-watch: Mad Max II: The Road Warrior as a refresher course.

Its all in your attitude.

If we fall to chaos then we will have played right into the hands of the elite. But, if economies around the world fail, and life continues peacefully because humanity has made the decision, those same world elite will be powerless.

Because either way the choice is up to us, either we decide to finally grow up and take care of one another, or our species goes extinct because of our own stupidity.

Working together is surviving. If you are only out for number one then you have already failed.

Everything that we do is by choice, the responsibility to create the world we want to live in is up to us, but that decision has to be made within yourself first.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

This thread seems to have turned in "run to hills / Bug out"

How do you know the 2008 stimulus effort has failed? Not all the money has been made available.

The dollar will be toilet paper - And why will this impact the rest of the world? What about the Euro?

Gold will explode - If the dollar and other currencies are worth less, then metals and jewels will certainly be the things to have but will any of us be able to afford them?

Mexico's gov't will collapse by april, causing a massive influx of "refugees". - I do not see this happening. There are plenty of other countries with Governments in worst state.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You must be news free then.

I recommend reading many posts and seeing many of the news videos posted here on ATS on the matters you've addressed, it may change your mind.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yep, blending in with your surroundings is key, don't bring unwanted attention to yourself.

This will be very survivable, brushing up on things like the Argentinian 2001 disaster will help you to understand what is coming.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

I'm not saying run for the hills, but be ready to not go to the grocery store for months at a time, and be ready to help elderly neighbors ect. with problems you may encounter.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
And that is only the US side of things. Europe is imploding in the same rate, only we are all looking in the headlights of the USA crumbling that it goes right by us. It is indeed global.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

You may need yo bug out if you are in the middle of a huge city, but keep in mind if you do so with nowhere to run, you will be a "refugee" and at the mercy of the community that you run to.

I didn't intend this to be a bug out thread, it's more of a get ready for chaos thread.

I live about 20 miles North of the border with Mexico, and I speak spanish. I talk to a lot of people around here some of the Mexicans that are new to the area are saying that things are getting bad in Mexico. I own a carwash business with my Dad. We get a lot of customers that are from Mexico, with Mexican license plates on their cars. These are educated, and what we would consider to be middle class, or even upper middle class people. They are scared for their safety in Mexico. There is a full fledged civil war going on down there.

I may be off on my failure of the U.S. gov't comment, but I know that there are a lot of people who owe a lot of money for taxes, that just aren't going to pay this year, because they lost everything. Governments don't plan for this kind of thing. As more and more State govt's fail you will see us getting closer to a federal gov't money disaster.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
This is not a prediction, this is not a regurgitation of nonsense I have read it is what I KNOW.

So far in 2009 we have witnessed:
-The bankruptcy of the state of California.(5th or 6th biggest economy in the world)
-Utter failure of the 2008 stimulus effort.
-Passage of a new large stimulus and bailout that will fail.
-Failure to even attempt to fix the problems, therefore dooming us to continue the same path of destruction, towards a total economic collapse.

The problem we, and the world faces is so insurmountable that it will throw the world into chaos by the end of 2009.

-The dollar will be toilet paper.
-Gold will explode.
-Mexico's gov't will collapse by April, causing a massive influx of "refugees".
-Tax revenues will be so low that the federal gov't will cease to exist by 2010.
-Martial law will be declared but unpaid soldiers will desert.

There is the doom I see.

California is the 7th largest economy in the world
The TARP plan was never meant to work it was payment to the bankster's.
The new "stimulus" package was a ploy to get people behind the new admin..it's not working obviously.
Total economic collapse is the reason this is all happening in the first place. That way we can legally default on our debts.

The world is already in chaos we just haven't caught up to the rest of the worlds population yet.
Gold will be held back until the bankster's have gotten out of all debts even then it will still be held down so that those they can confiscate it from won't feel as bad.
Mexico's Government collapsed a long time ago you just weren't told about it till now. They have been corrupted for years.
They don't need our own men and women to work for free they have the UN police force and other soldiers from nations that are under contract to support the US in the case of national emergency. In other words they probably won't even use our people they will use foreigners.

xoxo stacie

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Did you ever pick a bad time. I suspect old habits will become quit favorable for many of us who try to escape this visible daily hell that has become planet earth. Their is a new type of insanity now and its called (insane insanity), tightens my ass what about yours?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Yes sir, if we can make it through this without going insane, we will be able to emerge from it as a stronger version of the human race.

You are exactly right when you say the elite will lose control if we can come together and not kill each other.

That is why it is so important that we get prepared now, not just for ourselves, but get ready to "harbor the meek" as well.

I live in a neighborhood full of old people. If there are looters I will be their only line of defense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join