It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Shut Out of Stimulus Conference Negotiations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

My position on this recovery package is not relevant to this discussion. Neither is my "belief" in Obama's promises relevant.

Just so you know, I don't support government solutions. You're confusing my argument here (that the Reid/Pelosi conference was NOT a surprise and that Republicans are being included in the final conference) with the idea that I support this recovery package. I do not.

As far as Obama's promises, I will judge him on his results. I neither believe nor disbelieve his promises.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
This is the politics of change? How is this any better than the last group we had running the show?

Also, it came out today that yet another senator, yep, Dem, wants to put the so called fairness doctrine in. Once again trying to stiffle dissent.

An ignorant population is a controlled population, and thats all we are seeing here.

the "fairness doctrine" stifles dissent? from what FOX NEWS pundit did you get that from?...hey, i know, why don't you actually look up what the fairness doctrine is. but i guess that would take some free-thinking on your part.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

My position on this recovery package is not relevant to this discussion. Neither is my "belief" in Obama's promises relevant.

Just so you know, I don't support government solutions. You're confusing my argument here (that the Reid/Pelosi conference was NOT a surprise and that Republicans are being included in the final conference) with the idea that I support this recovery package. I do not.

As far as Obama's promises, I will judge him on his results. I neither believe nor disbelieve his promises.

i'm one who isn't suprised by the republicans, their one mission is to tear down obama and the democratic congress, because the ones that are left are in safe enough districts to oppose everything for the next four years. and as for myself, anytime a republican comes on the T.V. or radio, i instantly change the channel because i already know their M.O.---
tax cuts good, wealthy good, all others F.U.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by salchanra
This is the politics of change? How is this any better than the last group we had running the show?

Also, it came out today that yet another senator, yep, Dem, wants to put the so called fairness doctrine in. Once again trying to stiffle dissent.

An ignorant population is a controlled population, and thats all we are seeing here.

the "fairness doctrine" stifles dissent? from what FOX NEWS pundit did you get that from?...hey, i know, why don't you actually look up what the fairness doctrine is. but i guess that would take some free-thinking on your part.

you seem to have great knowledge on the fairness doctrine. what is fair about it?? go back to sipping your latte and wearing your berkenstock sandals

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

i'm one who isn't suprised by the republicans, their one mission is to tear down obama and the democratic congress, because the ones that are left are in safe enough districts to oppose everything for the next four years. and as for myself, anytime a republican comes on the T.V. or radio, i instantly change the channel because i already know their M.O.---
tax cuts good, wealthy good, all others F.U.

do you change the channel whenever a democrat comes onto the air? I make sure i leave it on the channel while wishing i could punch them right through my TV thats how much i hate democrats.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Ah, this is the same group running the show, they have been for the last 6 years, all the while you were blaming Bush and repubs. The libs have been in control, now they just have full control to do whatever they want.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
reply to post by salchanra

Ah, this is the same group running the show, they have been for the last 6 years, all the while you were blaming Bush and repubs. The libs have been in control, now they just have full control to do whatever they want.

stop speaking the truth. no one likes when the truth is spoken.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I don't think so. They will blame it on Bush and the Republicans even though it is not factual and all the media sources except FOX will support the claims and all the ignorant people will believe it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Okay smart guy, why dont you tell me what you think the fairness doctrine is? This is what I know about it. Fairness?

As for fox news, sorry, not my brand of tea, however, maybe lay off daily kos for awhile and actually think for yourself.

Libs had their shot at with a couple of talk radio programs and they failed. Sore losers I guess, cant beat em, legislate em. Stabenow, from Michigan started this whole thing last week, wasnt her husband somehow tied to the demise of liberal talk radio? Air America I think.

So much for the, I don't agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it, when it comes to dissent of the administration you hold so dear.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join