It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Shut Out of Stimulus Conference Negotiations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Republicans Shut Out of Stimulus Conference Negotiations

www.humanevents.com

Republicans have caught the Democrats in a midnight “stimulus” power play that seeks to cut Republican conferees out of the House-Senate negotiations to resolve a final version of the Obama “stimulus” package. Staff members from the offices of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Ca.) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) met last night to put together the “stimulus” conference report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-2-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Democrat Leaders Hold Midnight Meeting, Freeze GOP out of “Stimulus” Negotiations

This morning, a very senior contact within the House GOP informed me that Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Harry Reid (D-NV) met at length last night to put together the House/Senate conference report on the “stimulus” package. Only Democratic conference committee members were informed of the meeting and permitted to attend.

Ironically, the Democrat-heavy House yesterday voted unanimously in favor of a GOP-sponsored resolution stating that the bill should be made subject to a 48 hour review period by the public before it was finally passed by Congress — something that seems very unlikely to happen, given Democrats’ actions over the last twelve hours.
SOURCE< br />

Republicans Want to Televise Conference Negotiations on Stimulus

“Given the enormous amount of taxpayer money at stake, it is critical that any and all negotiations be held to the highest standards of transparency,” said Rep. Tom Price in a press release.

SOURCE

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Geeees, what happen to all the bi-partisan rhetoric that we heard from the Dems during the election? What happened to all that talk of open government that would have transparency?? Ms. Pelosi and Lord High Ried need a hangin' party!!!
Zindo

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Not surprising. Not at all.

Only 3 Republicans supported this pork-package to begin with.....let the Democrats have their fun. It will come back to bite THEM in the butt when it does nothing to help the economy.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

Only 3 Republicans supported this pork-package to begin with.....let the Democrats have their fun. It will come back to bite THEM in the butt when it does nothing to help the economy.

it will bite you american people and cost you foot and leg, while the politicans are enriched and they drive around in Maybachs and bentleys , while american people will starve and kill each other for a piece of bread and meat

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is the politics of change? How is this any better than the last group we had running the show?

Also, it came out today that yet another senator, yep, Dem, wants to put the so called fairness doctrine in. Once again trying to stiffle dissent.

An ignorant population is a controlled population, and thats all we are seeing here.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

It is going to bite us (the people of this country) no matter what.

But, some in this country are fond of the "blame game". Let the blame fall where it should this time. The Dems want this?? Fine. When it fails, it is their fault.

The majority of the people in this country are against it. All but 3 Republicans in Congress are against it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
how bout they use that 838 billion to give each person in the US 1 million dollars. That ought to help with the lack of business stores are getting, plus people will pay off their homes, so the banks will get the money they are owed, not a hand out.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

and how come did republican Bush and other republican cronies gave 800 billion$ bailout to bankers ???

definitely Bush did not want his banker friends to miss out on thier new corporate jet,Maybach their personal aston martins and their private yacht .

democrats=republicans ,both are corporate puppets .
like Ralph Nader said 'USA is a corporate fascism'

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
Also, it came out today that yet another senator, yep, Dem, wants to put the so called fairness doctrine in. Once again trying to stiffle dissent.

An ignorant population is a controlled population, and thats all we are seeing here.

How long do you think it will take them once the control radio, to start on us here on the WEB

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

In my opinion, get out of the past and focus on the present.

This bill is being disguised as an Economic Stimulus Package. This is suppose to help us and our economy. But, what it really is is a spending bill for Democrats, by Democrats.....with very, very, very little to help the average American or our economy.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm not the least bit suprised. Pelosi and Reid are stepping WAAAAAAY out of bounds here. But I expected it. I remember the years of their carping and whining even when the Dems were included on these types of things under a Republican run Congress. Just goes to show you the depth and breadth of the hypocrisy of the Democrats.

The good news is that in the end, this will bite them in the ASS!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yes and the ass they took a bite out of was the American people,I knew the democrats were underhanded,but at least they weren't so blatant about it,I knew once they got Obama in the sound of the economy flushed down the toilet,just think they are just starting ,boy won't my twilight years be grand

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

The good news is that in the end, this will bite them in the ASS!

To you and others who mentioned this. Do you really think so? The media isnt going to come down on them when it fails, merely say its a slow process. We can call and write our um, leaders all we want, but they are going to stick to party lines. The new POTUS seems to care about bipartisanship as much as the last guy, and he has majority, so what does he care?

I dont see the dems getting hit over this at all, no one is paying any attention, no one cares. Just as long as their mortgage gets paid and they dont need to pay for fuel, or at least thats what they think.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why is it that I heard about this days ago, and yet it seems to be a big surprise and "secret meeting" to everyone else?

It has been reported that Reid and Pelosi were going to do the final "merging" of the two bills (Senate bill and House bill) for days. Nobody got "caught". This is propaganda. If I knew about it from listening to the news, then I'm pretty sure the House and Senate all knew about it.

How very dramatic. :shk:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Geeees, what happen to all the bi-partisan rhetoric that we heard from the Dems during the election? What happened to all that talk of open government that would have transparency?? Ms. Pelosi and Lord High Ried need a hangin' party!!!
Zindo

Amen Zindo. I can't believe how fast this country is headed for the Cliff. Obama and his cohorts have punched the accelerator. I never thought he would try to push this much leftist BS through so fast.

Hold on to your butts people!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The majority of the people in this country are against it. All but 3 Republicans in Congress are against it.

I was just thinking about this same issue.

How do the dems reconcile pushing through this pork package when their own constituents - the people that voted them in - are against it in poll after poll.

To me it demonstrates the elitism in the dems - they know best and will take care of the rest of us, so just just shut up and ride along.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

it will bite you american people and cost you foot and leg, while the politicans are enriched and they drive around in Maybachs and bentleys , while american people will starve and kill each other for a piece of bread and meat

You know what's funny with your apocalyptic hopes, is that your economy will go right down the crapper too. I haven't see too many Maybachs/Bentleys driving around, or people killing for bread either, but there's always hope eh comrade.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
How do the dems reconcile pushing through this pork package when their own constituents - the people that voted them in - are against it in poll after poll.

54% Approve Stimulus

51% Approve Stimulus

What "poll after poll" are you looking at?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I heard it, too, so this isn't a surprise to me.

Like I've said, let the Dems do what they want to do. It isn't like they care what the majority of the voting populance thinks, anyway. But, maybe they will when the next round of elections roll around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join