It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Not Hot on Bush Era Truth Panel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My suspicion is that Obama will allow this to happen and be supportive of it, but he doesn't want to be the "bad guy" who "can't stop living in the past" or whatever. He wants to be the one who's looking ahead to our future, but I'm betting he won't stand in the way of it once it's started. And I do think it's going to happen.

During the campaign, he said he would direct his justice department to investigate. I'm guessing he has already done that and Eric Holder is busy with Leahy at this time. But Mr. Shiny
will stay clean of the "dirty work".

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Bush and crew deserve to be investigated if only to get through the sheer amount of secrecy and find out what really happened. Obama would not be in charge of investigating anything so it's really a moot point. As much as I would like to see the war crimes prosecuted at some point. Right now we are in a world of hurt, literally, and don't need any distractions from the problems at hand. IF any of the problems we are now facing have roots in the actions of any past administrations skirting of the law then by all means investigate and prosecute.

Personally, I think that corporate was allowed a seat of power and corrupted elected politicians. It is not an accident that we find ourselves on the brink of economic disaster. We are not even near the bottom.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He wants to be the one who's looking ahead to our future, but I'm betting he won't stand in the way of it once it's started. And I do think it's going to happen.

I could be wrong but I know some of the Powers that Be and I just can't imagine Obama not being their man?

It's a pretty simple straight forward proposition for people who choose not to be in denial.

A lot of very questionable things happened during the eight years of the Bush Administration that showed in his very low approval ratings.

Do you care enough to lead the charge to clean up Washington?

Or are you cognizant enough of disatisfaction amongst the masses to talk around cleaning up the mess in Washington.

I think the Powers that Be selected Obama because they knew the natives were restless and if ever they could convince the people a candidate was not the same old same old they had that in spades with Obama.

I have seen lots of talk and absolutely zero substance.

I suppose it will take the hope filled masses truly getting their noses bloodied playing arm chair quarterback to wise up to the Obama Presidency as being a continuation of Bush, but this amongst many other things has me saying Vote for Barrack Obama he is 4 more years of George W. Bush not that other guy!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Personally, I think that corporate was allowed a seat of power and corrupted elected politicians. It is not an accident that we find ourselves on the brink of economic disaster. We are not even near the bottom.

This has been the case most of my life and I am 44. You don't really think all the corporate influences left Washington D.C. the day President Obama was sworn in do you?

I am not for or against any President regardless of party, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation or who they root for in the World Series or Super Bowl.

Yet clearly the new Presidents vaunted economic team much tooted during the campaign trail has done what?

Directed the Congress and Senate to consider another bite at the tax payer Treasury to do...???

It's almost comical. Nothing new forward, nothing new backward. The only change I am detecting is in the linens!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I hear what you're saying. (I think)

I think he's playing it safe for now. He's got some serious crap to deal with right now. If he had come in without the economic crisis and the Middle East and all the other stuff he's got to deal with, he might go right for Bush, but he needs Republicans' cooperation for some of the big stuff he's working on and he needs to appear to ONLY care about the people, not "politics", so he's not likely to upset them too much right away.

If he went right for Bush, people (and the Republicans in Congress) might be even more determined to stand in his way. I don't think he wants to be seen as "playing politics", and a lot of people (as evidenced in this thread) think that's what going after Bush is about.

I'm thinking in a few months, we might be hearing more about this and seeing more cooperation from Obama. I hope so.
I would like to know the truth and I'd like to have the guilty parties face up to the truth.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If he went right for Bush, people (and the Republicans in Congress) might be even more determined to stand in his way. I don't think he wants to be seen as "playing politics", and a lot of people (as evidenced in this thread) think that's what going after Bush is about.

This is where actions like White Water hurt the whole process. People begin to see political witch hunts as opposed to actual steps to protect the people and make sure the process of government is constitutional and legitimate.

In my humble oppinion both sides of the aisle play politics in such a way as to make me question where the aisle is even at and if there truly is one.

FISA? They all voted for it.
PATRIOT ACT? They all voted for it.
BAILOUT ACT? They all voted for it.
HOMELAND SECURITY ACT? They all voted for it.
WAR IN IRAQ? They all voted for it.

When it comes to screwing the citizens they seem to line up pretty square and tight regardless of where the so called aisle is.

Our government employs millions of people with more being added every day are you telling me we can't really do more than one or two things at a time?

The system didn't get this broke by accident or by someone not knowing about it and why.

We need to investigate or the system is really not going to get fixed. It's going to keep fixing us.

Copy of this transcript are available courtesy of the NSA and HOMELAND SECURITY and FISA ACTS.

Please enclose a self addressed postage paid envelope along with your request and mail it to Big Brother, 1984 Plaza, The Capital 00000-0000

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

RIGHT WING voices earned it - calling me and my people UNAMERICAN - they are lucky I don't come across some of them, if I didn't have more self control I would be for bagging them and clubbing them onto feeding tubes.

Yeah, only democrats can do that! Have you been paying attention the last few weeks? The media and democrats calling Republicans un-American and unpatriotic?

Please, you guys just cant stand points of view that aren't left wing liberal in origin. To the point you want to lock up EVERYONE who doesn't agree with you. you guys would probably like Venezuela or Cuba better than America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join