It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Woman Schools TV Hosts on Al Jazeera

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wafa Sultan is a pay phone put money in her mouth and she will say anything you want to hear .

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Actually what you're writing is opinion, not fact. And I wasn't stating anything as fact purely opinion, just as the woman in the video was. Everything you just wrote about me makes you look like a hypocrite that's all. Except for one part which I agree with and see your point.

And finally do you think Nazism is more advanced ? Do you think the Goulags displayed a more advanced society ? Do you think the death of over 15 million Indians, the genocide of Australian and American Aboriginals is more advanced ?

I see your point with this but when you try to say that your opinion is fact and try to bash mine, it makes me lose all respect for you. I feel like I shouldn't even dignify your arrogance with a response and I know you're going to come back at me with some a hole response but that's fine, whatever makes you feel better.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Total Reality]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
you go girl !!!, beautifully spoken, the muslim man calling her a heretic was a complete sad case, love it , he couldnt get a word in edge ways, lmao

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THELONIO
you go girl !!!, beautifully spoken, the muslim man calling her a heretic was a complete sad case, love it , he couldnt get a word in edge ways, lmao

Actually he was technically correct; she is a Muslim that has not only declared herself an atheist, she is in fact stating falsehoods. She says that the Quran claims Christians and Jews are called at the same time "People of the Book", "pigs and dogs" and "Dhimmi" (subject); not correct. "People of the Book" is the explicit description of Christian and Jews, ie, worshippers of God. "pigs and dogs" refers to a particular group of people who betrayed the prophet Mohammed like the Pharisees conspired to kill Jesus. Dhimmi refers to Christians and Jews who either claimed sanctuary in Muslim areas or are Arabs who are Christian or Jews.

Jews who escaped the Inquisition claimed protection, ie Dhimmi. Crusaders who were defeated also claimed Dhimmi were granted protection. These concepts where the origins of chivalric codes adopted by Europeans and is the precursor for the ideas of the rights of man in the Enlightenment.

Unfortunately, Wafa Sultan adopts the current zionist inversions, in a word for word fashion, and delivers it to the two Arab chaps in the video. While most of us have heard these diatribes before, the guys in the video are appalled by her offence.

[edit on 022828p://pm2824 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think it's a pretty good video, but I do agree that it is propaganda.

On February 21, 2006, she took part in Al Jazeera's weekly 45-minute discussion program The Opposite Direction. She spoke from Los Angeles, arguing with host Faisal al-Qassem and with Ibrahim Al-Khouli about Samuel P. Huntington's Clash of Civilizations theory. A six minute composite video of her remarks was subtitled and widely circulated by MEMRI on blogs and through e-mail; The New York Times estimated that it has been seen at least one million times.[4] In this video she criticised Muslims for treating non-Muslims differently, and for not recognizing the accomplishments of Jewish and other members of non-Muslim society while using their wealth and technology.

en.wikipedia.org...

Looking at MEMRI, their history is controversial to say the least.

en.wikipedia.org...

Brian Whitaker, the Middle East editor for the Guardian newspaper in the United Kingdom, has been one of the most outspoken critics of MEMRI, writing: "My problem with Memri is that it poses as a research institute when it's basically a propaganda operation,"[5] and that "the stories selected by Memri for translation follow a familiar pattern: either they reflect badly on the character of Arabs or they in some way further the political agenda of Israel."

That's only one example of the criticism.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
...Wafa Sultan adopts the current zionist inversions in a word for word fashion and delivers it to the two Arab chaps in the video. While most of us have heard these diatribes before, the guys in the video are appalled by her offence.

I don't agree. She speaks her true mind, that's all. A lot of people in the Arab world agree with her. I visit the Middle East a lot, especially Iran, and I would estimate that about half the population (of the large number of people I deal with) would describe themselves as either atheist or secular, and wish their societies would modernize.

There's a lot of Jews in Iran, and they are totally integrated and accepted, especially in Esfahan and Yazd, and never confused with 'Zionists' which is correctly seen in Iran as a political ideology not a religion.

Al Jazeera rocks. The English-language service is almost as good as the Arabic, and they are never afraid to be controversial or give a platform to an articulate but 'politically incorrect' speaker like Wafa Sultan. IMO their coverage of the current Israeli elections is the most instructive and intelligent of any of the mainstream satellite media outlets, inculuding Sky and Press TV (Iranian government's official English-language propaganda channel), the Chinese, Indian, Japanese, French or any of the US channels. They're just modern and secular in outlook that's all, not hidebound by mediaeval religious bigotry.

And no way would anyone in the Arab world describe Sultan as a 'Zionist.' Such an allegation is totally absurd, and ignorant in the extreme. Sorry, but it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

she does not say in that video say that she is an athiest, she declares herself a secular human being!, just because someone may have been born into a religion that they have not chosen, and then left that religion, does not make them a heritic, if she says that she does not follow any religion, does not make her an athiest. the quran may not call christians dogs and pigs, but many muslims do, i do not hate or even dislike muslim people, but i do not enjoy their religion along with judaism or christianity. all religions are cults, if there is a god, may he strike down these fools

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow... Bravo to her! It gives me hope that intelligence and tolerance will win out in the end.

Is there any chance we can get her on Fox News to try and showdown with Bill O'Reilly?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

she does not say in that video say that she is an athiest, she declares herself a secular human being!

Clearly you don't know the meaning of a secularist. So what religion is a 'secular human being' if not an atheist?

just because someone may have been born into a religion that they have not chosen, and then left that religion, does not make them a heritic,

It does make them a heretic to leave a religion, however subverting the meaning of the faith they have left does. Reading comprehension a problem?

if she says that she does not follow any religion, does not make her an athiest.

You repeat yourself here. You will find my response in the first entry.

he quran may not call christians dogs and pigs, but many muslims do, i do not hate or even dislike muslim people,

Which Muslims do you refer to and at what point in their conversions with you, did they call others dogs and pigs? Basing my opinions on your posts and the statements that certain unknown Muslims you know call Christians and Jews dogs and pigs, I rate your comments as very mobile highly suspect.

but i do not enjoy their religion along with judaism or christianity. all religions are cults, if there is a god, may he strike down these fools

This portion of your comments runs contrary to your earlier statement that you do not hate Muslims. In fact you are such a proficient hater that you encompass Christianity and Judaism within your sphere of hate.

[edit on 022828p://pm2832 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

What utter propaganda. Her view of the world and its situation is about as narrow as everyone else’s. Why does it not surprise me this lecturing woman is a psychologist?
Who needs free will when a conveniently handy and paid mental health worker can tell you which way is up and down?

I am sure she means well but in my humble opinion she is missing the fact that all the world’s superstitions and cultural divides play into this and not just one.

It is further news to me that our golden technological age of civilization is entirely the handiwork of Jewish scientists.

Can you say MOSSAD? I thought you could!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
For Those Who May Be Ignorant Of It...

Courtesy Is Mandatory

There is a recurring pattern of some members attempting to prop up their arguments by mixing them with personal commentary aimed at other members.

This must stop.

Members who insist on resorting to insults despite repeated requests and warnings from moderators should be aware that doing so may result in editing or removal of posts, temporary post bans and, if necessary, permanent account bans.

So let's just please stay on topic and leave the rest for somewhere other than ATS.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bovarcher

I don't know what you are talking about. While Wafa Sultan freely displays her zionist credentials, you deny that she is a zionist. Whgy don't you cite references of her objections to zionism and the killing of 1300 Palestinians in Gaza only a few weeks ago?

You praise Al Jazeera because it is a very good news channel run by Muslims and owned by Muslims yet you declare your seal of approval because they are not like standard Muslims?

Do you realise Al Jazeera reflects the conventional opinions of people who happen to be Muslims. Perhaps you confuse Muslims between how people really are and the figments installed in your mind through decades of zionist inspired propaganda.

[edit on 032828p://pm2833 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

i have made my agenda against Israel and its actions Very clear in topics that i have made and posts so i dont intend to justify my position on country compred to bashing an entire group of people on faith

2 diffrent things.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
I live in Indonesia - the largest muslim population outside of the middle east.

I believe this big "division of civilizations" is mostly a division based on wealth.

With wealth comes experience of the world, knowledge, growth and access to the Modern world. Many muslims are extremely poor! Living a normal life on $10 or less a day in wages.

When you are that poor, you don't get to experience life in it's fullest. You don't have the chance to know if your local Cleric at the Mosque is telling the truth or not about the world because you cannot afford to know it yourself.

All of you in America, Australia, and Europe with your minimum wages....you all earn more money in 1 hour than the majority of people here earn in a day. You have the freedom to see the world with an open mind; these people here cannot afford that freedom.

Not until places like Indonesia and the Middle east bring their economies out of the 3rd world will they be able to see the world for what it truly is and make the right choice.

Equality for all human beings.

But the modern Global economy is a pyramid scheme.

As long as the system remains, there will always be majority at the bottom, living in destitution. That's how this rotten system works.

I suspect that extremism is like oil applied to the gears to keep the system running smooth.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

I love it
She does it in a way that it exposes the people who disagree for what they really are. She leaves no wiggle room for Bigots to hide their identities in fact. I've got to figure out how to download a video from YouTube so I can transcribe her words.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is a pretty old video, I saw it on Youtube probably 2 years ago. I just want to say that this woman is a rarity. The reason she speaks out is because she is educated and female education past 3rd grade is rare in the middle east. Even most of the educated ones maintain a loyalty for their way ol life. I looked into this pretty deeply and even the villages where they mutilate the little girls genatalia, the adult women when interviewed say this is the best thing for them (they themselves are mutilated).

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by bovarcher

You praise Al Jazeera because it is a very good news channel run by Muslims and owned by Muslims yet you declare your seal of approval because they are not like standard Muslims?

Do you realise Al Jazeera reflects the conventional opinions of people who happen to be Muslims. Perhaps you confuse Muslims between how people really are and the figments installed in your mind through decades of zionist inspired propaganda.

No, it's not. AJ is an 'Arabic-owned' TV channel based in Doha but virtually none of the shareholders, nor the presenters, nor the news editors are 'Moslem.' It's a secular media organization championing original thought. For example, one of the major presenters and agenda-setters at AJ is David Frost. His 'Frost Over The World' programs are also broadcast on the Arabic-language AJ channel with Arabic subtitles. He's not the only one, just one of many.

Watch the Arabic language AJ channel regularly for a few weeks, and you'll see.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged OP! Great find. I always am thrilled to find someone who can put into words my various thoughts. She does just this and doesn't seem to give a hoot about who she offends. I GOTTA LOVE HER!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Well, now you know why Muslim men don't like to allow their women too much education. They end up schooling them!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by khalid6591
Wafa Sultan is a pay phone put money in her mouth and she will say anything you want to hear .

Ah! So it negates all the good points she made?

Very good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join