It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets see who can figure this quote out!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I created a quote that refers to the world around us, it is on a different plane then that of the idea that reality is an illusion, which i believe to be true, but this is a more personal reality specifically targeted to the human race, the quote is:

"Human reality is just imposed purpose."

i want to see if anyone can figure out what i mean.

as a hint this isnt about human destiny, its pertainment is more towards our perspective of reality.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Very good quote, wheter i get it or not it got me thinking

Our percieved world is flawed for a purpose, to change the state of being for the better.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'll bite.

Nevermind, it's got me thinking though.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I often joke with mates over a beer that.....

"It's my world, you're just living in it "

By this I mean the rest of you are a figment of my reality, and exist to justify the realities of my worldly perceptions.

I believe this is what you mean by your statement.

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
our reality is what we impose on it....

especially what we purposefully impose

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The act of observation implicitly implies the act of differentiation. There is no 'objective observation', other than the 'reality' of events in and of themselves. By each way we measure what we perceive we define, though the classifications we create thereby, how portions of our reality interact and behave. The 'existence of change' is a byproduct of our distillation of perception. And so, thus, is purpose: change to an ends. Our philosophies as to these ends express themselves though the same language that derives from our observation, and are thus 'imposed', either self-imposed, or imposed by the higher pattern of trans-human reality.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

that was quicker then i expected, nice description, i would have personally used layman's terms to describe it, but you hit it right on.

anyone else have any quotes they'd like to bring out to see if we can grasp their meaning(s).

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Perception is reality is what that says.
What is it you mean??
oops late post

[edit on 9-2-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Ian, you're so smart, you frighten me. Promise to use your powers for good, OK?

tankthinker,

It appears to me that your statement:

"Human reality is just imposed purpose."

embraces the possibility of categorization of reality based on the categorization of the evaluator. Is it appropriate to question whether any eventual rising of machine intelligence will suffer, or benefit, from the same bias?

Reality, as such, is the construct. Any subjectivity in the evaluation of its parameters must come from the observer. Could your statement therefore apply (in theory) to something other than "Human" reality; i.e "ET Reality", or "AI Reality", or maybe some other ascendant intelligence (insect, cephalopod, other mammals?)

Good OP!

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
basically in my terms its:

a chair does not really exist,

the reason is because a chair is just pieces of wood put together, what makes it similar to other chairs

we can have chairs that are metal

but maybe they have the same form or shape

but we have things called chairs that have totally different shapes,

so what makes a chair?

the one thing that links them is the purpose the chair serves, the purpose of sitting

a purpose that we have imposed upon those pieces of wood

so in reality there is no chair, just pieces of wood that constitute a purpose for our species of which we imposed

this can be applied to basically anything, except i find things that are alive

perhaps it is because we can think therefore and that its an underlying factor that enables us to impose purpose so we are not affected by this rule.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
One possibility of many is this:

You are the only conscious being in the entire universe.

That means I am the only conscious entity in my world. You are the only conscious entity in your world. Reality exists via the coalescing of parallel worlds. These realms exist in an overlay fashion, where most remain unseen yet take up the same physical space.

Another possibility that we are all conscious entities comprising a collective within the same universe. Parallel universes would then we comprised of varying yet similar collectives.

Reality could be anything, but I'm certain that there are other dimensions and parallel realities.

As for the purpose, I think our universe and each subsequent parallel reality exist to provide valuable information to the god-mind. I think God is in the same predicament we find ourselves in -- the pursuit of true self awareness. This driving force could be running all these universes as one mammoth distributed computing project, where each life lived, each cycle played out entirely, each universe's expanse and collapse all provide information back to the god-mind in order to build God's own concept of self.

We think we are self aware, yet we are confused by our own essence. A brain that can study itself boggles the mind, literally - it's like an inescapable feedback loop we exist in. We have no idea where we come from. We have no idea where we're going. We have no idea what our purpose is here, and yet we say we are conscious beings. We are in fact only conscious of the fact that we still have no idea who we really are. We spend our lives trying to figure this out. And how do we try and learn this? Through experience. And that could very well be what the god-mind is doing, gaining information through our experiences -- and if we're all part of the universal mind (which we most certainly are) then we contribute directly to this pursuit with our every thought and breath.

Hologram, simulation, program...individual parallel worlds, collective parallel worlds, or both -- whatever the case may be, it all seems to be based on the necessity for the collection of knowledge and information, which in turn leads to the true self awareness that we're all a part of.

[edit on 9/2/09 by Evasius]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
ah Layman's terms. Something I quite agree is the way it should be said.

How about this for a quote... "If you can't explain it to a child, it isn't worth saying" (~Seagrass)

I imposed my reality on the day I was born, with a predisposed personality and karmic obligations. I see through a lens I chose.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

wow you just opened some doors that i hadnt thought of thanks, i have some thinking to do, but you may have provided a foundation that was lacking in my theory that "AI" may have certain feelings.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

great ideas but i think you missed what i said before, im talking about our human reality, not the cosmos reality,

of which i have a totally different theory on

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Imposed Purpose - Societal Framework (school, work, marriage; propagated social roles etal).

Human Reality - The coercion, subtle or overt, into the propagated social roles.

The reality for many people is the follow through of pre-determined societal roles through general social acceptance; i.e. living up to the expectation of not your own reasoned interpretation of the world and its' inhabitants.

Ian - You made my brain hurt.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
"If you can't explain it to a child, it isn't worth saying" (~Seagrass)

Children are capable of such brilliance. Their intelligence depends on many things - the info available to them, those who are willing to provide it, and their willingness to learn.

Given these truths, I say it is very much worth saying...at the very least trying.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The other night i came out with "everything is just a coincidence of itself" & it seemed to make sense in the moment but for the life of me i cannot remember how it made sense

Any idea's?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

this would be how my idea applies to ideas and society, thanks for your take

link   

link   
reply to post by tankthinker

If the universe is fractal (as above so below) then the reality of the cosmos ties in directly to our reality and experience.

Where would our existence and perception be if these fundamentals were altered or not even taken into consideration?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join