It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Lets see who can figure this quote out!

page: 4
4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

So no free will? No choice?

Something other then ourselves conceives a plan. It decides what our role is going to be in that plan and that is it?

Plan with no alterations? No deviations?

So if I decide to stay in bed until it is all over it is part of the plan?

Then why make us sentient?

It doesn’t seem that that can be quite right. Not all of it anyway.



in my view the plan is all there, we get to the same end whether we like it or not

but the way we get there is entirely up to us to decide,

call that a false freedom, or controlled freedom, but i like it this way better

it means you dont have to account for your sins




posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire
 


also i forgot to post that my theory works well with the law of attraction theory, actually that law was a fundamental idea i came up with my theory around.



posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker
 


Does it refer to the real world being the dream world? life and reality is sort of a learning ground to grow spiritually what really counts is the dream world or the afterlife if you will.



posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker

"Human reality is just imposed purpose."




"The purpose of physical reality is to entrap the ethereal reality"





i really liked your quote... ive always been one with quotes/mottos/sayings my whole life:

Love is not a "doing", Love is an "allowing".

One must understand a negative thought, before they can cast out a positive thought.



posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Old Knudsen
 


in a way yes thats basically what im saying



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Originally posted by tankthinker
"Human reality is just imposed purpose."

***3 words stand out mr.Tank "imposed" "reality" "just".
The first implies >BY< something; so we need to consider :
by (other humans in) Society, or by Nature (hunger, cold, fear etc),
or by that Demonaic two-faced thing "in the sky" the hebrews
brandish, or by invisible / visible spirits / Aliens ?

The second is easy to establish, since if you are strange enough
(and many are - especially philosophers !) to think "nothing is real",
then simply go over and bang your head on the nearest brick wall,
then come back and tell us if it was a "Real" wall - or not
(Pain will soon tell you, if youve had problems deciding before).

Then after youve had enough Pain (and suffering in general),
you will never again be so keen to say "just" !

***in Conclusion, since Nature starts you off Naked / cold, Starving, and
Defenseless, then OBVIOUSLY someone has got to take care of
you, and that becomes THEIR "purpose" / Reality. Try telling your
parents that slaving 40 hours a week to get food and clothes for you,
was "just" a hardship that didnt "really" occur.

IF you then manage to graduate out of university STILL asking silly
questions - like "what is Reality" (millions do, so dont take it too
personally ! ) then maybe go Iraq and sit in the street waiting for the
Benevolent "Dispensers of Freedom and Democracy" to drop White
Phosphorus on you. If all your flesh does >NOT< melt off, then the
advanced thinkers of the world must have been right all along :
Reality is just an Illusion, and your "purpose" will be to pick up all your
bits of flesh, go back to uni, and write a Treatise on it.

***PS why not start your own Dictionary of words you commonly use,
and evolve the Meaning of them as you trip along thru the merry
world ? so Reality >IS< an imposed purpose. imposed by birth,
nature, needs, society, plus your own desires. but not "just"



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterKaman
Originally posted by tankthinker
"Human reality is just imposed purpose."


The second is easy to establish, since if you are strange enough
(and many are - especially philosophers !) to think "nothing is real",
then simply go over and bang your head on the nearest brick wall,
then come back and tell us if it was a "Real" wall - or not
(Pain will soon tell you, if youve had problems deciding before).

Then after youve had enough Pain (and suffering in general),
you will never again be so keen to say "just" !

***in Conclusion, since Nature starts you off Naked / cold, Starving, and
Defenseless, then OBVIOUSLY someone has got to take care of
you, and that becomes THEIR "purpose" / Reality. Try telling your
parents that slaving 40 hours a week to get food and clothes for you,
was "just" a hardship that didnt "really" occur.

IF you then manage to graduate out of university STILL asking silly
questions - like "what is Reality" (millions do, so dont take it too
personally ! ) then maybe go Iraq and sit in the street waiting for the
Benevolent "Dispensers of Freedom and Democracy" to drop White
Phosphorus on you. If all your flesh does >NOT< melt off, then the
advanced thinkers of the world must have been right all along :
Reality is just an Illusion, and your "purpose" will be to pick up all your
bits of flesh, go back to uni, and write a Treatise on it.

***PS why not start your own Dictionary of words you commonly use,
and evolve the Meaning of them as you trip along thru the merry
world ? so Reality >IS< an imposed purpose. imposed by birth,
nature, needs, society, plus your own desires. but not "just"



i wasnt referring to substantial reality, if you would read before in the thread i already revealed what the quote means


btw obviously a man who bangs his head will suffer pain, because he believes it will happen

the point is to go past the mindset of our fake realities

if you do not want to attempt to do this its not my business, staying in the natural world is a great venture, if you want to be ordinary

but you shouldnt muse against those who choose a higher more meaningful calling, just because you feel that retreating to the world is a safe haven.



posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
>obviously a man who bangs his head will suffer pain,
>because he believes it will happen
***ha ha ha !!! ROFL
poor chap mr.Tank - no wonder youre confused


>the point is to go past the mindset of our fake realities
***how do you do that ? plenty of cocain ?

>if you do not want to attempt to do this its not my business,
***so enlighten me please.
how do you bang your head on a wall without feeling pain ?
ok so you go into a trance and summon great forces of indifference.
So lets increase the Pain a bit : can u take a bullet thru your brain
and still walk away saying "it didnt hurt, because i say it didnt" ?
Answer me - im interested in your supernatural state mr.Tank

>staying in the natural world is a great venture,
***where are u now then - on Sirius ?

>but you shouldnt muse against those who choose a
>higher more meaningful calling,
***i am often sarcastic,
BUT my questions above are serious - can u answer them ?

>just because you feel that retreating to the world is a safe haven.
***i dont "retreat", i live with it as it >IS< - and
NEITHER is it "safe" mr.Dreamer

so, i hope u have the answers ?????
i assume that a "tankthinker" is someone who lives in a tank full of
ethanol vapor, and has never seen the light before
on sirius ?



posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
without a master a puppet has no life, only form. Then from the breath of my master i became aware of my own slavery. I was set free only to realise without my master, I would not exist. I rebelled only to find i was lonely. For without interaction with my master, my life lacked meaning. i was the master of my own world, but unhappy without a reason. The mroe i chose to create a reason the more unhappy i became. Then i realsied, my reason was to exist for my master for he gave me the ife of which i know.



posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
The act of observation implicitly implies the act of differentiation. There is no 'objective observation', other than the 'reality' of events in and of themselves. By each way we measure what we perceive we define, though the classifications we create thereby, how portions of our reality interact and behave. The 'existence of change' is a byproduct of our distillation of perception. And so, thus, is purpose: change to an ends. Our philosophies as to these ends express themselves though the same language that derives from our observation, and are thus 'imposed', either self-imposed, or imposed by the higher pattern of trans-human reality.




Nothing worse than someone passing off others work as there own - I too have read Foucault.

Thanks.



posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker

Originally posted by MasterKaman
Originally posted by tankthinker
"Human reality is just imposed purpose."


The second is easy to establish, since if you are strange enough
(and many are - especially philosophers !) to think "nothing is real",
then simply go over and bang your head on the nearest brick wall,
then come back and tell us if it was a "Real" wall - or not
(Pain will soon tell you, if youve had problems deciding before).

Then after youve had enough Pain (and suffering in general),
you will never again be so keen to say "just" !

***in Conclusion, since Nature starts you off Naked / cold, Starving, and
Defenseless, then OBVIOUSLY someone has got to take care of
you, and that becomes THEIR "purpose" / Reality. Try telling your
parents that slaving 40 hours a week to get food and clothes for you,
was "just" a hardship that didnt "really" occur.

IF you then manage to graduate out of university STILL asking silly
questions - like "what is Reality" (millions do, so dont take it too
personally ! ) then maybe go Iraq and sit in the street waiting for the
Benevolent "Dispensers of Freedom and Democracy" to drop White
Phosphorus on you. If all your flesh does >NOT< melt off, then the
advanced thinkers of the world must have been right all along :
Reality is just an Illusion, and your "purpose" will be to pick up all your
bits of flesh, go back to uni, and write a Treatise on it.

***PS why not start your own Dictionary of words you commonly use,
and evolve the Meaning of them as you trip along thru the merry
world ? so Reality >IS< an imposed purpose. imposed by birth,
nature, needs, society, plus your own desires. but not "just"



i wasnt referring to substantial reality, if you would read before in the thread i already revealed what the quote means


btw obviously a man who bangs his head will suffer pain, because he believes it will happen

the point is to go past the mindset of our fake realities

if you do not want to attempt to do this its not my business, staying in the natural world is a great venture, if you want to be ordinary

but you shouldnt muse against those who choose a higher more meaningful calling, just because you feel that retreating to the world is a safe haven.





Anyone who "quotes" themselves has got issues to begin with - there is not a single line in this thread, and certainly not in any of your words which do not blend into the nauseous hum drum mediocre naval gazing our world is beset by.

Please read some SERIOUS philosophy to understand just how supremely uninteresting you really are - it pains me to know and understand the great thinkers of history and yet be subject to myopic clap trap like this.



posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I've got plans and this is how I am going to accomplish it, deal with it.



posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My guess,,,and it is just that, a guess, is Kierkegaard.



posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
"Human reality is just imposed purpose."


Human's, and the world they live in, is God's purpose.

[edit on 25/2/09 by John Matrix]



posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Nothing worse than someone passing off others work as there own - I too have read Foucault.

Thanks.

****

...nauseous hum drum mediocre...

...to understand just how supremely uninteresting you really are...myopic clap trap like this...



I'm afraid Mr. McLean was paraphrasing the work of many other Philosophers (Henry David Thoreau possibly being one) while offering his own opinion. Who cares if it is similar to one specific philosophy? I challenge you to speak of only original and new ideas without basing your thoughts on the work of others. You think Michel Foucault is the only philospher with those views? I suggest you bother to expand your own research my friend. If this bores you so much, go back to drooling over your beloved French philosophers.

I despise people that drop by a thread, take a big dump on it, and then leave without really contributing to the discussion in any way. Have you any thoughts on the subject whatsoever? Anything to add to what's been written so far, or only thoughts on why we're all wasting your time?

As far as I'm concerned, your posts were not even worth my (or anyone's) attention, however I am sick and tired of posts like yours that contribute nothing and reek of arrogance, thus my response.

Threads should offer discussion and friendly debate, not what appears in your two posts above.

ATS is not your online toilet.

Thanks.

[edit on 26/2/09 by Evasius]



posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by audas
 



Originally posted by audas
I too have read Foucault.


And I haven't. Yet. Thanks for the recommendation!



posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean
 


Well worth it


I'd also recommend Appadurai


[edit on 2/26/09 by americandingbat]



posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius
 


If the creative force created everything, it certainly seems to me this creator's mind would be perfectly capable of expanding it own awareness.

We are the imagination of the creator.

It's imagination would be limitless, while I believe we have limitations.

The creator limits our imagination.

So we can only go/create as far as the creator's imagination takes us in it's own imagination.

Do great philosophers and mystics, inventors and scientist, connect into this creative force, or is it feeding them information?

Who are we and why are we we here?

We are conscious of our being. and our being here, to be born into this conscious state of being seem pointless.. without a purpose for our being.

Better to have not been born then to be born to strive and suffer, learn all the lessons, and create and experience, and in the end of ones life, all the knowledge gained turns to dust, seems pointless,

Maybe each life time of experiences takes us a step closer to the creator.
Now we see only an indistinct image in a mirror, but then we will be face to face. Now what I know is incomplete, but then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.



Human kind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread in it.

[edit on 082828p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]



posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
I created a quote that refers to the world around us, it is on a different plane then that of the idea that reality is an illusion, which i believe to be true, but this is a more personal reality specifically targeted to the human race, the quote is:

"Human reality is just imposed purpose."

i want to see if anyone can figure out what i mean.

as a hint this isnt about human destiny, its pertainment is more towards our perspective of reality.


Human reality is just an imposed purpose? You mean? It doesn't quite make sense.

Humanity reality was given, but for a specific purpose, its a temporary phase of time for us.

If thats make sense.



posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker
 


Altering can be done through visualization, and don't forget the collective consciousness.

But we are only allowed so much Artistic license.


We see the picture in our minds eye but to interprete it onto canvas will always be less then satisfying,

Perhaps we are the creator's drawing board.




top topics



 
4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join