It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets see who can figure this quote out!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here's a graphic illustrating your experience in realtion to universal experience. The threads of consciousness start off like fine fibers which eventually connect people, collectives, worlds, galaxies, the universe, and perhaps even the multiverse to other universes.

[edit on 9/2/09 by Evasius]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
The other night i came out with "everything is just a coincidence of itself" & it seemed to make sense in the moment but for the life of me i cannot remember how it made sense

Any idea's?

this idea goes against my theories, since i dont believe in chance,

interesting, doesnt make much sense but interesting all the same

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Human reality is just imposed purpose = "You see what you want to see"

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

If the universe is fractal (as above so below) then the reality of the cosmos ties in directly to our reality and experience.

Where would our existence and perception be if these fundamentals were altered or not even taken into consideration?

hmmm....

in my view we have our conscious self which is projected through our brains and experiences things from the 5 senses

the reality we create/experience, which is an illusion of our limited senses is the reality i am speaking of

does that clear up what im trying to say?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
Human reality is just imposed purpose = "You see what you want to see"

this is an excellent simple description, but its a little more complicated

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

well now this is a great picture, helps my other theories out, thanks

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

Testiclees wrote that in 1260 bc!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinkerin my view we have our conscious self which is projected through our brains and experiences things from the 5 senses

the reality we create/experience, which is an illusion of our limited senses is the reality i am speaking of

If this is the case, then what purpose would this serve? Would it be our's or something else's?

I think just as technology is important to the development of the human race (and our minds), I think it is just as important to the universe, or god-mind. If not technology, then the concept of 'tools for learning.'

That said, I think we (biological organisms, maybe even all matter) are the technology of the universe. We're here to learn on behalf of the universal consciousness.

Technology seems important to all levels in the hierarchy of conscious reality; individuals use tools to gain knowledge, collectives use individuals as tools (like the synapses of a brain) to accumulate knowledge, the universe itself might use collectives as tools to gain yet more information, and possibly the universe might serve as a learning tool on behalf of the multiverse.

Viewing reality in this fashion, we are all tiny data packets that are processed locally and then returned to the universal server supposedly with a computational result – like I previously stated as in distributed computing.

As for how our consciousness is developed, used, and returned with a 'result,' I think our synaptic structures work kind of like a biological quantum computer, and serve as a conduit which collects and relays information.

A simple example of the above statement would be: dip a bucket into a river and fill it with river water. The water once from the river now fills a vessel and takes on new shape, but it's still river water. Pour it back in the river and it mixes back with the collective and disperses. Portions of the same group of water molecules could then be gathered in yet another bucket downriver, thus taking on new shape and filling a new vessel.

A correlation could then be drawn that the universe is the river, the water is its conscious force, and our bodies are the buckets. The bucket is a technology used by the universe to explore and learn.

And, not to make this post any more lengthy or more off-topic, but...I think the above explains reincarnation:

I think that reincarnation is the result of quantum entanglement due the synaptic structure of the human brain.

We're all energy (and matter itself is energy vibrating differently), so if our synaptic structure and connections are similar to someone that's lived before, we'll somehow receive their previous memories and thoughts.

Our energies exist even after we do not, so maybe our neural networks provide a conduit for similar energies to flow through. You'll notice people who think they've lived entire lives as other people only have some of the memories of that individual rather than all of the memories.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

great ideas, i agree with you on many fronts, but i disagree with you on one thing in particular

you say that the bucket is a tool for learning and exploring,

i say its a tool for conquest, i think that the god-mind is creating, maybe its learning as well, but the main focus i think is a type of conquest through creation.

which it is doing through us to a certain degree. But not limited to us, were just one of the functions.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

I honestly haven't settled on one theory to agree or disagree, but I've recently been thinking that the god-mind was never content with creation.

I think creation came first, and then the creator thought 'now what?' Great emptiness came in 'doing' - only contentment was gained with 'knowing.'

I think the conquest of creation has taken place many times before, and now the creations are teaching the creator.

And I think our purpose is to give the creator some self knowledge and contentment. I think it all boils down to the gathering of information.

Anyway, just my opinion. Ask me a year from now, I may feel differently.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think it's a fancier way of saying an age old eastern philosophy: "Just be."

Doing vs Being.

Human reality is saying what we as a collective see ourselves as: We see ourselves as workers, as providers, as people who have to pay their debts, as people that want to go on an exotic vacation, .etc.

But really we are none of these things. We don't have any purpose other than to merely exist. Instead bad people in higher places instill this sense of false purpose, like you must work to the top of your profession or you will not be complete.

We can do things, but are not meant to do them. We have no purpose in life, we just are what we are, and we do what we do.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Human reality is just imposed purpose

An interesting coining of a alternative concept. However, I have to disagree (but this of course, does not make me right). The reason why I differ is because I believe 'human reality' to be the sentient focus of consciousness. Reality is not an illusion, but a constantly shifting focus of sentiency.

Purpose is reasoning of action, and reason follows sentiency, it is not antecendent to it. What makes us conscious is/are indutiably real, the exchange of energy, force, wavelength between forms and structures bears reality as a shifting focus. Reality is reflection brought into our sensing focus through the exchange of energy radiation. The impingement of energy radiation upon our sensing organs invokes the conscious resonance in us as a by-product of the exchange. Reality has to be real, elsewise are we conscious?

Of course, one can conceive of some all powerful entity that does the imposition upon us...but I myself, doubt this very much. To understand the 'real' presence of reality, you have to look at what is imposing upon our senses. When you look at a tree in the distance, is it the tree doing the impositioning, or the photonic radiation reflecting off its structure? It cannot be both, but one or the other.

Obviously, it is the photonic waves reflecting back at various wavelengths that do the impositioning upon our sense-organ of sight. Which provides the implication that the tree in the distance does indeed have a existential reality of its own, separate from our observance of it. So allow me to rephrase your coined dictum...'human reality is imposed excitation of the senses, which in turn invokes a conscious resonance in us'.

Best wishes

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
"Human reality is just imposed purpose."

It is my belief that everything is ment to be, but there is no reason for it being. The only reason is what you give to it. Your imposed purpose.

Am I right? Warmer, colder?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
I created a quote that refers to the world around us, it is on a different plane then that of the idea that reality is an illusion, which i believe to be true, but this is a more personal reality specifically targeted to the human race, the quote is:

"Human reality is just imposed purpose."

i want to see if anyone can figure out what i mean.

as a hint this isnt about human destiny, its pertainment is more towards our perspective of reality.

The word you're looking for is "pertinence"

You mean that we all create our own destiny, that we all create our own reality, that nothing else is relevant other than our current emotional well being.

And in doing so our will is permeated through society.

You still require those within to posses power, otherwise those without will feel no desire to move toward a social goal. There needs to be a social movement toward a specific goal. A team effort.

We all have a power within ourselves, it is only those outside of our will which restrict us. To gain their support, it has to be a recognized social goal, something which the masses relate to and can benefit from.

So, you are talking about a social structure whereby a leader is still required?

And I completely agree. As long as such a leader is chosen through random selection and frequently.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
"Imposed purpose" I would think means we are victims of our own destiny.
Whether we are destined to be miserable or content, our purpose is based on how we live our lives.
I know some people that seem to be happy being misearable, doesn't make any sense but I don't have any time to even try to figure it out.

Whether a person says he/she "can" or "can't" do something, we must believe them regardless because they will usually be right anyway.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

good ideas although i personally believe that our senses gives us a reality that isnt what our consciousness is really from

and through these senses we created a reality that makes sense to the senses that is blinding our consciousness, that is the reality im talking about

although the blinding of our consciousness isnt a bad thing and is actually wanted

also we are the ones that impose a purpose on the objects that have no consciousness, trees have consciousness so i wouldnt agree with your example there

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

warm but only about the purpose we apply to the things that make up our realities, not about our lives, which ultimately serves the god-mind

although we have free will to choose our destiny, in a larger complex us choosing our destiny is a part of fulfilling the god-minds (sorry took Evasius's phrase) plan, but ultimately in an even larger complex we are part of the god-mind itself, but coming out through consciousness

id like to retract my past claim that the original quote doesnt apply to beings with consciousness or living things, i think it does apply

but only to the beings material self, not the conscious.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

that would be a specific example the quote could be applied to

also my original quote had the word destiny, but i felt like that word had a hint of hopefulness in it, which i didnt like

the word "purpose" is precise and strong willed, also by combining it with "imposed" it makes it more cynical and hauntingly strait forword

i feel you have to think about these sort of things when making a quote, because its not just about the message it sends but the way it is portrayed in the language of choice

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Since you specify "human" reality, as opposed to just plain "reality", it then follows that the "imposed purpose" would be designated only to humans. So, it sounds like a cultural phenom. In-other-words, parents, social pressure, God/religion, sexual drives, etc.

Those are all imposed purposes on human reality.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join