It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octuplet Grandma Calls Daughter 'Unconscionable'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Octuplet Grandma Calls Daughter 'Unconscionable'

abcnews.go.com

Angela Suleman said that her daughter "spent a lot of money on toys" but never contributed rent or food money and failed to tell her mother about more than $167,000 that records show she received from worker's compensation claims.

"The house is full of toys,'' she said. "My daughter has always spent a lot of money on toys and really not helping out with the children or the living arrangements -- never paid anything for rent. Her sense of values is kind of strange because I'm a retired teacher and I'm living off money that I'm making or have for my retirement money and it's not that much. Teachers don't get that much and I'm spending a lot.''
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This totally has to be the saddest story in recent time. Many posters on the internet and ATS have stated that it was Nadya Suleman's choice to have children, some even insinuating that others were envious of her "breeding capabilities"

I challenge anybody to read this article and come out and say that Nadya Suleman had the right to have these octuplets.

"When they learned of their daughter's plans to seek a second in vitro fertilization procedure, Angela Suleman said she and her husband intervened with doctors.

"We said, 'She's not marr[ied], she wants children and she really does not have any means to support them and she really shouldn't have more, that's enough,'" she said. "

So, she said, Nadya Suleman's original IVF doctor "didn't implant any more embryos and we're thankful for that." "But she went somewhere else and someone else did, so now she has eight more," Angela Suleman said. "How she's going to support them, I don't know."

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think the tog a war is going to start now that the "grandma" is finding out that her breeder daughter was spending all the money on breeding, toys and "lips"

Plus after the pregnancy of 8 she probably will need plastic surgery to cut of the extra skin that she will have stretched to the max, that will never go back to the same shape it was before.

I will not be surprised if a law sue is followed by the grandmothers complain.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This girl is a scumbag!!!! She pops out a bunch of kids that she expects the government to pay for. She has VERY OBVIOUSLY had many plastic surgeries on her face (look at her lips) and doesn't have her priorities straight at all. She is mental retarded or something, for her to do that and have all these kids and put everything on her parents. And besides having 8 kids is nothing speacial when they are scienticially made. Anybody could have 8 kids when they are implanted.

This girl is getting all this attention, which she wanted and she will probably have a bunch more kids that the government will have to pay for. This girl needs a mental evaluation and those kids are probably not safe in a home with a mother like that. It is really sad, this girl is a complete MORON and she needs to save her money for her kids and stop getting plastic surgery.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It was absolutely unconscionable. The more details that come out, the more disgusted I become. She has not only saddled her parents with a huge burden but also the taxpayer.

Even if she has a good job, she's still going to need help. This is one of the most selfish things I've ever heard of someone doing. I'm sure her parents are pulling their hair out right now.

She's obviously deceptive since her mom knew nothing of the disability payments she's been receiving and that coupled with her supposed mental failings makes me worry all the more for these children.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
She says she's going to college. But... how do you do that with 14 kids running around? Or work? Leave it on your mommy and daddy? Yeah, I'm sure they're thrilled with 14 kids running around destroying their home.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This woman disgusts me. I feel very very bad for those children

"I did hear that she received money from her insurance,'' Angela Suleman told Splash News in an interview that was aired on "GMA." "She never told me. But I've never seen any money, not for house payments or for feeding the kids."

Angela Suleman filed for bankruptcy in March 2008, according to court documents.

"Unless [Nadya] starts working, earning money, I don't know, she may have to go on welfare, which she said she never would do,'' her mother said.

"She really has no idea what she's doing to her children and to me," Angela Suleman said

"It remains unclear how Nadya Suleman plans to pay for the children's upbringing. Her mother told Splash that while she dearly loves her six grandchildren, she is at the end of her emotional and financial rope. "

And here is the key point to it all.....the grandmother says:

really not helping out with the children

What? This actually doesnt surprise me now.
The woman has severe issues. Those kids will suffer for it.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afrosamurai
She says she's going to college. But... how do you do that with 14 kids running around? Or work? Leave it on your mommy and daddy? Yeah, I'm sure they're thrilled with 14 kids running around destroying their home.

I think what you said is an understatement. Their house has NO room for the current amount of people

"We're there all crowded in. The master bedroom has a big bed and two little cribs and the other bedroom has one bed and one crib and there is one bedroom with bunk beds that I [had] gotten before, so it's pretty crowded. But [the children] are wonderful, beautiful children and I love them dearly. I would never let anything happen to them, so I'm taking care of them and I have been."

"I don't know what the future will bring, because, hopefully [Nadya Suleman] will get some living accommodations -- because it's a really small house."

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I read somewhere that she is planning on using the college daycare. I very much doubt that will happen.

This woman is delusional. Her parents are more than likely the ones raising those kids ( diaper changes, feeding, cooking, bathing, discipline, etc) and she is probably taking the role that should be reserverd for the grandparents. That is visiting and playing with the kids, buying them toys, spending some time with them, and then giving them back when she's had her fill.

I would bet this is the way things are in that household.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This lady is not only selfish and self centered. She's also uncaring for the health of the children she has brought into this world, given the health issues they are obviously going to experience. Not to mention the unfair burden she has placed on her now retired parents. What the F - - K is this lady thinking? She obviously is in dire need of psychiatric evaluation.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I found some pictures of how her and her children are currently living. That is her, her mother, her father ( and remember the mother and father are divorced) and up to that point 6 children. Now imagine what it will be like if you add another 14 cribs.

Pictures

Just press next to see the next picture.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's interesting to note that Octo-mom seems to be really confused about what welfare is. She claims that she has never received welfare, yet it reportedly her 6 children have been receiving $800 a month each. She also keeps playing the "I am too proud for charity" card and then says she would ofcourse accept anything that people give her for her children. One particular point in the interview she speaks about moving into a bigger house? How will she pay for that if she doesn't pay for the one she is in now. Or is that what she means by willing to accept help for her children?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The woman needs to have her tubes tied and her kids taken. Sorry but she is crazy, mentally unstable.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

How appropo that the photo slide of this family seemlessly moves into another slideshow of Terminators being produced in a factory...

I found that slightly amusing.

Kids are wonderful, don't get me wrong. But wow. Just wow.

I've met ladies who couldn't bear children who fill their homes with dolls of every size, shape and variation - and that's creepy enough.

To cram that many actual living children into such a small space? That's going to be one heck of a small scale social experiment, that's for sure.

[edit on 2/9/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

She is severely dulusional and is the biggest attention seeker I have ever heard of. Britney Spears and her need for attention has nothing on MsBabyMaker.

The pictures were um, interesting. My heart goes out to the grandmother and those kids.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's pretty amusing that there are people who can't see that the woman is obviously delusional. Here is a typical example - she doesn't need welfare/charity for herself - she paid for her own IVF with workman's compensation. BUT guess who is paying for the birthing of these 8 babies? You, and you and you and you and every other american. A nice healthy chunk of the stimulus package is going to nadya Suleman. It's going to cost millions - yet at no point does she explain how that will be paid. NOPE it was her IVF and her frozen babies and she wanted them.

So where has Octo-mom been getting money for the toys she buys the kids? Scamming is my opinion.

"She received disability payments until at least August 2008. Her employer stopped her payments in July 2001, but she appealed to a workers' compensation appeals board, which ruled in 2002 that she was, in fact, temporarily disabled, and the payments resumed. "

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This female has the right to have all the litters she wants (those poor children)
~ Is this something to further condition people to accept a 'birth limitation'? ~
I know I'm having a hard enough time supporting my own family along with 30 mil illegals and a bunch of billionaire's retreats and don't wanna pay for her selfishness as well ... Too bad huh I guess, cuz unless she finds a huge house and good income through the media, we're footing the bill; for many years to come.
I can't find anywhere saying if she is a citizen or not or if her children anchor babies?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Okay so I was trying to research the doctor that did this IVF for Octo-mom - 7 times despite her financial problems, lack of a job, several physical "disabilities" and guess what I found?

Dr Michael Kamrava is the doctor in question. I couldn't find out whether he was born in Iran, but he is definitely from Iranian descent as he is listed under Iranian-American doctors organisations. If I were a conspiracy theorist I would suggest Iran was hitting america directly in the Stimulus Packet! But then again I am not a conspiracy theorist and Dr Kamrava is probably just willing to take the money, do the job without considering the ethics involved.

"Video from 2006 aired this morning on KTLA-TV in Los Angeles shows Dr. Michael Kamrava from the clinic treating Suleman and discussing the implantation process.

Without identifying the doctor, the Medical Board of California said last week it was looking into the matter to see if there was a "violation of the standard of care" for implanting so many embryos.

There was no answer to a telephone call placed before business hours to the clinic today. Kamrava did not immediately return a pager message."

Doctor

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
People have the right to breed, and you can't restrict that.

But, children have a right to be raised properly. With love, food, and attention.

sounds like she can't take care of them all and buys toys to keep them busy.

This is a shame on a massive scale. I don't think this woman is healthy.

But it is also not fair to assume she is living off government money. Even if she is, it is not the childrens fault, and they need to be taken care of.

i think the sperm donor is a rich benefactor. Probably married themselves and gives her money to be a hidden wife on the side.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What makes you think that theres a possibility of her not being a citizen?? Because she has 14 children, or because she has brown hair? Or maybe because its so outrageous that an American woman would have all these kids so now we need to point the finger somewhere else? What a sad and ignorant thing to say

By the way her father is a contract worker in Iraq. Enough said.

reply to post by AmericanDaughter

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join