It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Minute UFO (new) Video. (ZOOM)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sorry, I make my living with cameras and have special concerns with lens distortion and I don't by the idea that the shapes I see here are all from camera distortion. There are plenty of places to capture camera issues in the video but others are as sharp as the camera can capture during its focus search. If this is a craft, and it glows, possibly plasma based, the energy the craft gives off could easily create the "out of focus" look by distorting the atmospheric area around it just like heat waves do on a road. This one shot does look like a balloon but it is also a spherical shape with something below it and this part comes and goes. I've seen several videos of UFO dropping what looks like plasma energy dripping off the outer layer of the craft and this could be that phenomena. This video is not debunked in my mind. One guess is as good as another but I come down on the side of it being a real UFO.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cogburn
That's not a "big light"... that's the balloon.

The area around it is distortion created by the camera.

That's why it seems to go away and change shape... The balloon is in motion in relation to the viewer, therefore the artifacting created by the camera changes over time.

Just prove it with images or analysis or anything convincing. Otherwise your theory
is just a speculation.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by free_spirit]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pappie54
Sorry, I make my living with cameras and have special concerns with lens distortion and I don't by the idea that the shapes I see here are all from camera distortion. There are plenty of places to capture camera issues in the video but others are as sharp as the camera can capture during its focus search. If this is a craft, and it glows, possibly plasma based, the energy the craft gives off could easily create the "out of focus" look by distorting the atmospheric area around it just like heat waves do on a road. This one shot does look like a balloon but it is also a spherical shape with something below it and this part comes and goes. I've seen several videos of UFO dropping what looks like plasma energy dripping off the outer layer of the craft and this could be that phenomena. This video is not debunked in my mind. One guess is as good as another but I come down on the side of it being a real UFO.

You just read my mind Pappie54. I was going to write a short tutorial about these issues but you already did it perfectly. Have a nice day.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by free_spirit]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Wait a minute, why are you guys even discussing this video. look a the other one shot by the same guy, you see 5 objects flying in formation for about 3 or 4 minutes. They disappear and reappear simultaneously.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
That is nothing more than a weather balloon recorded with an inexpensive camera with poor results. ever wonder why none of these are ever captured on good quality HD cameras? Becuase the picture would be so clear we could tell it was a weather balloon.

And because most people don't have the money to waste on those high quality HD cams that cost 8,000 dollars...

Great point... I mean... with the world economy in shambles.. yeah... makes sense

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
You know, my brother has a camera, that if he took a picture of my shirt from 50 yards away, he could zoom in on part of my shirt, and see individual fibers of my shirt. And it's not even that impressive of a camera.

So why is it that there is never a good picture, or video of a UFO?

To me, this is just another dot in the sky. Perhaps a balloon, plane, or the Death Star, who knows.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Upon first viewing at the beginning of 1st video it appeared to (to me) be venting something, like thrusters. But as it went on it did indeed appear to move like a balloon.

There are all sorts of weird shaped balloons available for cheap. So the shape doesn't really mean anything and the light could easily be reflected sun light. And the string hanging from a spinning balloon easily explained my "thrusters."

So on balance it is reasonable to say this video adds nothing to the question of ET craft moving through the atmosphere. The balloon hypothesis explains everything seen.

What would be interesting is a focussed steady daylight shot of a solid object with multiple, truly independent witnesses, especially if it was filmed from different locations simultaneously. And then the object actually changed directions such that it described at least a loop or circle. (very hard for anything at the mercy of wind to loop or orbit.)

And this should not be that rare. When anything newsworthy happens near populated areas such as the aircraft ditching in the Hudson, after the fact many videos surface from multiple locations that caught the incident. Not all clear but clear enough to easily discern the type of vehicle and what happened.

The only videos I have ever seen like that, purporting to be UFOs, that are clearly fakes.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
Wait a minute, why are you guys even discussing this video. look a the other one shot by the same guy, you see 5 objects flying in formation for about 3 or 4 minutes. They disappear and reappear simultaneously.

www.youtube.com...

Nice! Thank you!
What can it be? It can´t be balloons on a string, becouse they change places, they look like birds, but i never seen birds behave like this...

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Different day... different video.

.. making your living with cameras and rendering an opinion about CCD distortion is one thing.

Making crazy claims about how a plasma based UFO would behave is quite another.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Aw c'mon... that doesn't look like a balloon to you? Really?

As far away as the object "appears" to be, it seems that it was zoomed in upon quite a bit, that would be a heckuva thick ballon string/ribbon, what have you.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by lel1111]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

AMEN Pilot

This is the weird thing, this object is similar (if not equal) to the other in the previous video

Saludos

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

...you see 5 objects flying in formation for about 3 or 4 minutes. They disappear and reappear simultaneously.
www.youtube.com...

The "disappearance" is caused by the videographer manually putting the objects out of focus. You can tell it's a focus trick because he does the same thing with a bird flying by at about the 4-minute mark.

You can tell it's a bird because of the wings flapping. A camera set to focus at infinity would show something at that distance fairly clearly. The shooter is filming out of focus to distort the image.

The five objects, when seen in the vicinity of white birds, would appear to be just that. They act exactly like a group of birds changing leaders in a very loose "V" formation.

Edit : Here is one of the culprits stretching his wings in a tree

[edit on 2/8/2009 by eaglewingz]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

In addition it is relying on digital rather than an optical zoom, whether on purpose or not, they've gone beyond the limits of the zoom. Digital zoom interpolates, hence the distinctive interpolation at the extreme end of the zoom and the distortion of subjects with low pixel counts. They would have been better off post-processing. I've seen people use digital zoom to obfuscate objects either deliberately or by accident.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111

Aw c'mon... that doesn't look like a balloon to you? Really?

As far away as the object "appears" to be, it seems that it was zoomed in upon quite a bit, that would be a heckuva thick ballon string/ribbon, what have you.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by lel1111]

Totally agree man, at that distance, you simply wouldn't see said string / ribbon. It does seem to appear then disappear at various different points of the object. Possibly thrusters? Or even taking samples?

I'm ruling out weather balloon, and for that matter chinese lanterns, we are seeing a heck of alot of those in the UK just now, lots of peeps are talking about seeing UFO's when they are just seeing those pesky lanterns.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

I noticed this too. However it came to me as a string on a balloon. Many of these balloons come from celebrations such as weddings. I remember being in grade school and being part of a balloon release that had an attached index card. It was for some reading thing at the library. Balloons should be banned from release. They are polluting the world and making people trip out with goofy video footage of UFOs.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled
...at that distance...

At what distance?

Without a reference point to determine size/distance, any conjectures about what would and would not be visible aren't any more solid than the air the object is floating in.

If you do have a method to determine exact distance/size in a clear sky with no reference points, by all means share

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cisnerosmtz

GR8 STUFF........IM A BELIEVER....

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

I think it is more to the point to address the movement of the objects if you are interested in debunking, because that is what is remarkable, the zoom was not engaged as long or as often as in the first clip.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
They look like paraplanes or model paragliders to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cisnerosmtz

very interesting indeed,whatever it was, it was meant to be seen because i believe that these advanced beings can create some kind of energy field around their craft whenever they dont want to be seen,i wonder what they want,maybe in this case, to make us chat about it as we are.....sid

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join