It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Free Energy' DIY Anyone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LatentElement

You're now on my list for question asking when it comes time

Thanks so much.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Looking into free energy to power your home is one thing, but if you are interested in looking for alternative energy sources, then solar and wind are more practical. The only problem is storing energy when it is available and have it when it is not. Lead acid type batteries are common and will work, but are not that efficient and environmentally hazardous.

Here is something you may be interested in, but is not yet commercially available for home owners. It is a "flow battery" which stores electricity in electrolytes in tanks and provides power when it is combined. They can be recharged many more times than lead acid type batteries with an expected lifespan of 20 years and the chemicals used are not environmentally hazardous.

VRB Power Systems has invented one that they say can solve a lot of problems and are currently being installed at large wind farms. Here is an article, which is similar to one published in Popular Science magazine a while back, which is where I read about it.

Unlike lead acid batteries, flow batteries don't wear out and the units are "scalable," so merely adding more units and fluid tanks means they can store more power for longer periods. A unit the size of a refrigerator can hold enough electricity to power a domestic home. One that fills a football-field size building can store the power from a mid-size wind farm.

New battery could make wind power more feasible

Here is the VBR website that explains how it works.

www.vrbpower.com...

There is also another company called Deeya Energy that is also developing a flow battery for the same thing. They have a small unit to backup cell phone towers that would probably work for a house. More than likely it is too expensive right now, but I expect that a household model will be available in the not to distant future.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

just look at the amount of threads on u tube for energy saving devices, hho etc. they all seem to be in someones garage

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

I had looked into that, but the required scale seemed way over my needs and budget.

I also looked into flywheels running on magnetic bearings, sealed in underground concrete bunkers, but again, the scale and cost just doesn't warrant replacing the standard practice of lead acid accumulators for a home installation.

As I said earlier, the poor recycling efficiency of accumulators makes the battery option a poor one, but it's possible Bedini has changed that with his energisers, plus of course the added benefit of the 'free' energy

I am confident that the technology for many home based 'free' energy machines, that are duplicatable by the average person with a little technical knowlege and practical ability, is out there.

I believe that the current patent/production paradigm is the main if not sole reason we do not have this technology already freely available.

There are just too many vested interests, and way too much potential wealth available for the 'one who cracks it'.

Anyway, that's all theory
I got my SSG parts ordered, so hopefully by next week I'll be able to start building.

[edit on 9/2/09 by RogerT]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by da pickles
reply to post by RogerT

just look at the amount of threads on u tube for energy saving devices, hho etc. they all seem to be in someones garage

I've always been impressed by the level of knowlege and experience exhibited here on ATS, particularly in the science and tech sections.

The FE threads usually have no shortage of informed and very valuable posts yet I am surprised at the scarcity of members who are actually picking up tools and testing the theories for themselves.

In 18 months of posting, I've only come across 3 other members and one Anon poster who actually appear to be practically engaged in the subject.

Maybe others are simply keeping it a secret

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
im not sure this will be of any help but a guy i used to work with had build his own house and told me that he made a water type heating cooling plan
what he told me he did was when he build his house he dug up the area surrounding his house or trenched cant remember
he then layed water pipes at a certain level cant remember the exact depth wanna say 7-8 feet deep and would probably depend how cold it got in your area
but by laying this water pipe in say 7-8 feet deep couple hundred feet long in a loop where it never gets cold or hot and running water thru with a pump hooked up to his houses in floor or ground water pipes

so those water pipes would keep his house a constant 16 -18 degrees again cant remember the exact numbers but this provided him with real cheap heat in winter and provided cooling in summer and he only ended up having to heat his house on only the coldest days and only by a couple degrees and it did a pretty good job of keeping it cool in summer to

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dean007

I'm quite aware of geothermal heating/cooling. I have a similar setup but use air and ventilation rather than water. It works pretty well but is a lot cheaper.

Yes, the key is to be about 2m under the surface where temps remain fairly constant year round. Here it's about 15C.

However, this isn't what I'm looking for at this point. Now it's all about generating electricity.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Practically, and available now---solar thermal with wind ---rarely will you have no sun and no wind.
Static geothermal--- just need a hot spring and Stirling motor---hot side to the source, cool side to air.
9-12 months? If you can make it that long, some interesting new stuff on the near horizon.
If you are rich, a few million will get you a sealed nuclear reactor---good for 40 years of juice.

As for "ya can't get something for nothing", quantum physics proves the there is energy in nothing--undeniable fact.
Just need someone with a heavier than average density of gray matter to figure out how to get it .

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

u could use photovoltic cells for solar power. solar could be used in conjunction with a twin coil cylinder to provide hot water, as mentioned geothermal will give the benefits too [no power] 1x10mx1m trenck will yield approx 1 kw heat energy . if you try to pull too much energy from the soil u can cause it to freeze[not good]if you have a stream nearby you divert a portion of the flow and use it in conjunction with a water wheel. and then u got wind power self explanetry. i did start trying to devise a system using hho . using a combined heat and power unit, the power would be diverted to operate an electrolysis chamber[production]and a booster pump to pressurise the gas then pass it through a particulate filter then into pressureised storage which would then power the chp unit leaving excess of power to be used in the household. unfortunatley i never had the time to get a system operational.
u said that your using an air source heat pump and it works out cheaper than a geothermal setup , i presume on installation it would definatley but it would be of great interest if you could let me know what the unit is and what the operating costs are.
i live in an island off of europe where it rarely drops below -2 and summer temps are upto 30+ celsius. alot of people i have spoken too have rubbished air source heat pumps but with a cop of 150% at minus 2 they seem ideal for where we are. and the initial outlay is about a tenth of geo

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Timothy Thrapp is currently head of World Improvement Through the Spirit (WITTS) Ministries, formerly World Improvement Technologies (WITs).

For many years, this group has been claiming to have around 100 sundry exotic energy technologies for sale (multi millions of dollars), including versions of gravity motors, engines that run on water, radiant energy devices (solid state or mechanical), inertial propulsion devices, and pollution remediation. None of those has arrived in the marketplace yet, that we know of. Beginning around Dec. 2007, a video emerged that shows Timothy demonstrating what is described as a “self-running 900 Watt zero point electrical generator.” More information can be found on my web site.

Does anyone have information on this zero point initiative?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Firstly, congratulations on registering. I don't believe you will ever regret that decision.

Redneck, if I may ask? Have you checked Ebay for the inverter to solve your power conversion problem?

The short answer is no.

The complete answer is, it's not critical at this stage of development. I can purchase a 800W single-phase (110V) inverter at WalMart for under $100, and that will allow me to run quite a bit of lighting or small appliances. For a little more (say $500 or so) I can purchase a new 4-5 kW single-phase inverter that would allow me to set my well up on uninterruptable homemade power (that figure includes the surge needed to start the pump).

Should I get to the point where I would need something like a 40kW dual-phase inverter, I still have the option of designing and building a custom model, or of checking for industrial models through surplus companies I already use as suppliers. I trust them more than I do eBay, and since they work specifically in industrial surplus, they would be more likely to have what I need.

Good idea though, and I will check eBay should the need arise.

I've never heard of dual phase

That's actually not surprising. Most people refer to residential household current as 'single-phase', when in actuality only the 110V applications use single-phase. That is, they use a neutral wire (commonly tied to ground, although that connection can be a bit confusing in certain areas with certain codes) and an alternating power input that ranges from +170V - -170V (approximately) at a frequency of either 50 or 60 Hz.

Dual phase is where you get 220V household current. The neutral line is replaced with another 110V AC input that is 180° out of phase with the first. In other words, when one line is at a positive maximum, the other is at a negative maximum (or minimum if you prefer to look at it that way). The result is double the voltage of single-phase.

Three-phase is similar, but you now have three input wires, each carrying an AC voltage that is 120° from the other two. Typically three-phase is only use in high power (as in industrial) applications since transformers are larger and more expensive than single- or dual-phase.

While I cannot state for sure, I would presume the 220V inverter you use is actually a dual-phase.

Just be sure you get one tuned for pure sine wave or automatic sine wave - with less than 3% harmonic distortion or any sensitive electronics (computers, tuners, amps, etc) will be subject to serious damage.

Absolutely correct! And kudos for pointing that out. Electronic equipment can be very finicky about the type of power you feed it, and distortion can make a mess out of otherwise sound designs.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

Darksecret, you're yet another one that knows so many things, and yet, a lot of what you know is limiting.

The method I described to use static electricity was used by many people in the 1920's.

They had radios, but no running electricity in these rural areas. Radios back then ran off batteries.

This was a very efficient, non-complicated method or recharging the batteries using what they had available.

Your can take your rectifier and rectum whatever you want.

It worked then.

It works now.

And it introduces something into that battery that your electronic books don't account for. A phenomenon.

God, I wish I was so smart!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Roger T, you are very, very correct. Listen to Bedini, and you can learn more in his low-key statements than any Ph.D., will every have and be able to share.

The sharp gradient is essential, and yes, to a large degree, the reaction is within the batteries.

Which we happen to all have an ability to use.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Roger T, two battery banks will be sufficient. And you are correct, it is at the very least, a very good thing to at least learn and understand the principles. Thus, you'll KNOW.

The battery banks will require an automatic controller. Ideally.

There is a ton of open source material. Plenty. But if you approach this with a closed mind, you'll not learn a damned thing.

That's why Bedini says that a formal education in electronics works against you. After all, this is the exact opposite of everything known about standard, transverse EM energy.

I've heard guys complain to Bedini that they couldn't get their projects to work, and lo and behold, they "elected" to make some changes to "make it work better." And then they wonder why they can't duplicate his work.

Anonyous, you are partly right in that time is a function of energy. In fact time itself can be considered energy, but has little practical application for what we're talking about here. To suggest it's "never gonna happen" is just silly.

One man took the Bedini motor, dramatically scaled it up, took it to a convention, and it was putting out 13Kw. Not bad.

No, I do not have my home running off this yet. As soon as this economy clears up a bit, I'm gutting my house (it's paid for) and will be installing a number of new technologies. Since I'll also be rewiring, I'll install a two-bank system allowing me to go off-line.

The only visible indicator will be a 400-watt solar panel that will provide sufficient power to the chargers, that will in turn maintain my two battery banks. I should have 20Kw to run my home, and the 400-watt panel will be sufficient, even on rainy, cloudy days, to maintain the battery charge.

The dual battery banks are necessary as ONCE YOU HAVE INITIATED THE CIRCUIT, then you can bleed off a tiny bit off one bank and it can be looped. Thus, the necessity of an automatic controller.

I'm also looking at the water hammer as a fast, efficient means of unlimited hot water and steam. Just one small, electric motor, and we have gobs of hot water and steam. Awesome.

Just a thought. By using traditional battery charging methods, and with every proper battery maintenance procedure, you can expect four or five years of usage off a bank of batteries, and even so, the power will still diminish.

With a scalar charger, you will extend the life and thus the efficiency of those same batteries three-four fold.

Just something to think about.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Ahh. I see. You’re right, then Redneck. The one I employ is ‘Duel Phase’. My A/C and Air Compressor are both 220V so I had to go that route if I was to incorporate an all inclusive power system. And here I was calling it ‘single phase.’ Guess I stepped out for a smoke during that part of the lecture. '
'
Actually my college studies were in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Physics. And, girls of course. I studied them intently. lol Still do ... My very favorite subject.

RogerT –
Of course you can call on me anytime. Just U2U me. And I agree with you about how well informed the members ATS are. It’s like a Brain Trust at your fingertips!
And, you also have Carte Blanche access to the greatest source of knowledge ever amassed. (Right about here is where Dr. Who would reply, “Well, I do talk to myself sometimes, yes.) lol
Of course I refer to the Internet.
But, to keep on topic:
So many ideas and systems and theories have been forwarded in this thread. I am proud, and very humbled to be in such erudite company.
Theories are nice .... if you want to talk on the quantum level or what is possible. But I think, and please RogerT correct me if I am mistaken, what you need is a cost effective (which naturally would include initial start-up costs) easy to understand (so you can perform your own maintenance) reliable, renewable and ‘readily available’ electrical power source for household consumption.
Personally, I’m still tinkering, experimenting and studying a couple of the more advanced ideas – but that isn’t generating anything practical for me to use right now, today.
And, I wouldn’t shell out the $18,000.00 + quoted me by solar contractors four years ago when I decided to end, or at least curtail my dependence on electric power supplied by Arizona Public Service (APS) and go alternate.
That’s why I went with the set up I have now, RogerT. It’s simple in its elegance. As well as practical, upgradeable, reliable and pretty damn delightful when APS sends ME a CHECK on the 30th of May (Their fiscal accounting year-end) because I generate on average more than I consume -for two years running so far! Okay, so it’s like 40 bucks. But, hey ... better than paying them!
It’s actually a more elaborate set up, then this - but simplified: My electrical generation is a solar primary (Completely homebuilt array) with an auxiliary wind turbine (also homebuilt) charging two 12V deep cell batteries .... Along with an inverter, charge controller, automatic source switch, (DPDT) two separate DC disconnects, system meter, kilowatt per hour meter ... Lots of wire and solder ... Not to mention blood, sweat and tears. lol
Hot water is produced by a passive solar system, thermal siphoned (Again, homebuilt) with the original natural gas water heater as back up (for now).
What I couldn’t manufacture on my own - from plans I found for free on the Net - I shopped for. Ebay is a wonderful source. As well Craigslist.org. Also, for most of my solar cells I called the company who maintains the mobile traffic control equipment for the DOT here in Arizona. You know the big flashing arrows you see at road construction projects? People hit those things ALL the time. And, our severe monsoons beat them up as well. You’d be surprised how many GOOD cells they toss out (and will give you if you just ask) just because it’s more cost effective to just replace the whole panel with new than repair it. Those were the ones I used to build my first panel three years ago. And, it’s still a productive module in my array today. Continued -

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Continued from above
I didn’t attend University to learn about any of this. Completely self-taught. Everything I know about this subject came from picking the brains of anyone who knew more than me, (which includes nearly everyone. There is always a snippet or tip that one person knows, but the electrical engineer you spoke to yesterday was not aware of) and from studying concepts, designs, plans, practical applications and scientific notations I found for free on the net.
As with the solar cells the deep cell batteries I got free as well. Yeah, free. I called the tow motor company who services the local Home Depot (HD rents all it’s power equipment and the contract includes servicing them) and simply asked for the tech on duty.
“Hey, bro, how ya doing? What do you do with the batteries that won’t hold a full charge anymore? You send them to a recycler? About five a month you say, huh? Hey, ya think you could set aside two for me?”
I told him what I was doing and he was glad to help. I specifically requested batteries that are not shorted or otherwise damaged. See, those batteries they employ must hold a full charge for the equipment’s power needs. Any slight deviation is a reliability issue and Home Depot won’t have any of that, trust me. So, they’re taken out of service. But they are PERFECT for my use.
Oh - A new term for you (Actually I believe “DOOPER” mentioned it above)
SULFATION - Written as the reaction: Pb + PbO2 + 2HSO4 + 2H → 2PbSO4 + 2H2O
Sorry, old buddy ... just showin’ off there.
Simply put: When in use, the acid in the battery (electrolyte) is activated between the two different lead metal plates (one is pure Lead, the other is Lead Dioxide). The resulting chemical reaction creates an opposing charge to each plate (+ and -). During this period however, some of the acid transforms from its liquid to a crystallized state, then back again to its liquid. But ... over a period of time or subjecting the battery to inordinate use, not all of the crystallized acid reverts back to liquid. A build-up occurs between the plates. The acid is effectively ‘trapped’ in the crystallized form and unable release electrons ... making it weak or useless.
But, who the heck cares? The frakken battery was FREE I tell ya! They can die at a rate of one a month and I’m still way ahead!
But, you’re first priority to assess which renewable source is the most practical for your location. What I have may not be suitable for you. And, here’s is a practical question you must ask yourself: Do you have more money than time? Or visa versa?
Money will buy you all the parts and labor you need. But, you’ll be lost if something breaks – Which means MORE money to have someone fix it.
Time, or the investment thereof, would pay for itself many times over.
If you choose time to be the investment, then my friend ... its back to school for you. Read everything, Bro. Then, read it again. Question EVERYTHING! The best way to find answers is to ask. Sounds simple, right? But ours egos get in the way of that process and we’re ‘embarrassed’ to ask for fear of appearing dumb. I say, you’re only a dummy if you DON’T ask. And ALWAYS read the INSTRUCTIONS! Again, us men and our egos. How many guys you know toss those out with the box? Foolish. There is more knowledge on that little folded piece of paper that you realize.
Acquisition of knowledge is most important. So even when you muck something up, you’ll feel comfortable in your ability to make it right.
To quote the wisest man I ever knew (My Dad)
“To open any door and get what ever you want remember the three D’s. Desire, Determination and Diligence.
And, if those don’t work, go with Plan BB.”
“Um ...hold on a sec, Dad.
You mean B. It’s called ‘Plan B’, Dad. Not Plan BB”
“No, son. I mean BB – Bull# the Bastards!"
Sorry about swearing Mods
But it's what he said. Really!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by da pickles
u said that your using an air source heat pump

No, I have a heat recovery ventilation system (HRV) which has a geothermal intake. I didn't incorporate any heat pump tech into the house, although I did think about it, and still do.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Thanks for the detailed info.

I am focusing now on my Bedini energizer to see where that takes me.

I got most of the parts today and set up the circuit and rotor. Just waiting for the magnet wire to wind the coil and I will let you all know if there is 'over-unity' in this setup once I run some tests.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
From overunity.com I found this. It seems to be a simple self running magnet motor (link 1)! The person who posted it is trying to contact the maker (link 2).

www.youtube.com...

www.overunity.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join