It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Free Energy' DIY Anyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've just completed building my dream home here in Europe, took me nearly 3 years.

I've set up an independent water supply for the house, now I just need to get off the electric grid.

Originally I considered solar roof tiles, but the tech at the time was just too expensive, plus the cost and maintenance of storing the energy just didn't seem worth the effort.

I am convinced there is an elegant solution out there, and I now have the time and a little money to pursue the idea.

I'd like to create an independent 20kW supply with minimum maintenance, from basic, locally available materials if possible.

I've been following a few of the 'free energy' ideas, and almost got started on my own Bedini motor, but for some reason after joining the yahoo group and collecting a few of the required parts, can't find the enthusiasm to launch myself at it.

My personal opinion is that any technology that finds its way to the patent office is either going to be buried if it actually works and is easily interpreted and recreated, or it won't be duplicatable for one reason or the other.

I firmly believe the 'free energy for the masses' conundrum will be cracked in the garages and basements of hobbyists, who aren't out to patent their tech and either make a fortune or become famous.

If anyone out there is either working on a compelling idea, or has cracked it, I'd love to get a discussion/working group going about your solutions.

For the naysayers, please, I've read a lot of the 'free energy' threads and humbly ask that you don't bother posting in this one.

I really do not want to launch yet another semantic discussion about what is and isn't considered to be free energy, closed and open systems, or the laws of thermodynamics.

I request to keep the thread as a practical discussion on people's personal efforts to build working models and machines, not a theoretical discussion about the history and current state of 'free energy' research and development.

[edit on 7/2/09 by RogerT]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

I firmly believe the 'free energy for the masses' conundrum will be cracked in the garages and basements of hobbyists, who aren't out to patent their tech and either make a fortune or become famous.

Nice post hope it works out for you, if you do actually manage to produce free or at least cheap, environmentally sound energy please let us all know.

If ordinary folk can produce their own free energy, we'd all be millionaires over night, figuratively speaking.

We certainly would no longer be able to be controlled by the scumbags who are sending us to the world of soylent green.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You should look into a salt water burner. It could be retro-fitted to burn salt water within a conbustion chamber creating electricity. The schematics should be out there.

Other than that, if you have an independant water system, why not just use a water wheel or some form of water for energy device.

Good luck!

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'd reconsider solar, the panels are getting cheaper all the time. I do not know where in europe you are, but if you're in a region with enough exposure it will probably become cost effective very soon. All that you need to setup is a lot of panels, some sort of battery array (auto industry lead acid batteries would work in enough number) and, as a backup some sort of liquid fuel or gas generator (biodiesel or ethanol could work).

With time you can supplement the setup with wind generators. I have a feeling wind is not being optimally used, because with a redesign to work at high speeds wind generators would provide a lot of power for a home battery setup, possibly generating in a few hours enough electricity for a couple of days. For this some sort of turbine type blades would have to be used, with two fixture points so the whole thing could go to much higher RPM's. Big slow blades don't make much sense to me, we have them here and a lot of the time they're on brakes due to too much wind, which I find retarded.

Be creative and stick it to the man, I say. In the midterm I hope to follow in your footsteps, with some sort of solar-wind-battery-backup generator setup, which I hope will be enough for house and transport.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Probably the best place to ask would be www.overunity.com...

It's possible that somebody there may already have the specs for a unit you could build to power your home, I'm not sure.

Personally I find that site a little overwhelming, as there is SO much information there and I don't have the expertise to make sense of most of it. But, you may be able to fare better than I

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have researhed very very thoroughly into overunity and perpetual motion for a paper I wrote. Its impossible to get something from nothing. The laws of thermodynamics prohibit it, and they're the most proven ideas of science. Use solar power to knock of some of the cost, but if you want a long term solution I suggest getting a radiactive powerhouse. They resently came out with miny ones that can power a block for years and years.It will be pricy though. Sorry I don't have a link, but google will proby turn up some answers.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by houdanny
I have researhed very very thoroughly into overunity and perpetual motion for a paper I wrote. Its impossible to get something from nothing. The laws of thermodynamics prohibit it, and they're the most proven ideas of science.

Actually there is a lot of support in mainstream physics for the "quantum vacuum energy", or radiant energy, or whatever you want to call it. If you had really researched the subject thoroughly for your paper, you would know that

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wind energy is quite popular in Germany. There is a thread here on ATS about building your own vertical axis wind generator. It is something you may wish to consider.

DIY Vertical Axis Wind Turbine
Depending on where in Germany you are located this might be a good option for you. The technology for wind turbines is well understood and something that can be done DIY for the individual with the right skills and tools. Alternatively, you can purchase a system and have it installed professionally.

I lived in Germany for a while and would consider this option if I was still there. Wind has the advantage of working at night and on cloudy days, unlike Solar. Your wind availability depends on many conditions and you should look into your local wind potential. The other factor to consider in both Solar and Wind energy is storage.

If you do have access to even a small stream, Micro Hydro power systems have made significant progress over the years and has become something that is well suited for home use. No need to build a complex damn anymore either.

Good luck, and keep us posted with your project.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If you are serious about getting off the grid, contact Energenx. They have the stuff, and do not assume this is like anything you've ever seen before. It is like nothing you've ever seen before.

Tell them what you want to do, and they have your solution.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Oh yeah, Energenx is John Bedini's company. And that reminds me, his "Renaissance Charger" is already commercially available! Supposedly it charges any kind of battery using only Radiant Energy

It would be great if someone from ATS could buy one and test it out

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Don't assume I don't know about radiant energy. Radiant energy, unlike what you seem to think, is potentail energy in the quantam form. Its non renewable too. Think about coal. This radiant energy is like quantam coal, and any net gain would technically be a transerence, just like burning coal to move a train. It takes energy to extract the zero point energy, so you are indeed spending energy to get energy. In no way is this free energy. I repeat, you can't get something from nothing.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by houdanny]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Me to moocowman

and whoever does it should post all pertinent plans and instructions on the web!

free and doable for the common man ,watch, the PTB weep as their power fades and crumbles

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by houdanny

Apparently you don't' know about radiant energy. Total input: 1 watt, total output 7,500 watts. I've seen it. I've measured it. I've seen it do amazing things. Not yet ready for prime time, as no one wants to get killed bringing it to market.

That's not what's available in the Renaissance charger, but it does have some very interesting "capabilities."

I saw the house set-up. Completely off-grid, and no one the wiser. It's rather stunning. You want 20Kw, or 40Kw, you make the choice, and you will run for decades.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have sources for my info.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

None has yet demonstrated that radiant energy can do what you say under proper test conditions.Also, about people getting killed bringing this to the market, why would they be killed and by who. If you're confident about this, send me the free energy device, or specs for it, and I'll bring it to the market for you.Unless that is, It can't do what you say.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by houdanny]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thanks to all the posts so far, with of course the exception of houdanny who has ignored my request to resist the temptation to post the same old 'you can't get something for nothing' drivvel. Congrats, you made my ignore list 50% bigger!

I do hope other posters don't get drawn into a theoretical debate by the naysayers, there are plenty of open threads on ATS for that.

I will request once again, this thread is intended for practical discussion for those either engaged in the DIY free energy, or wishing to contribute to it.

I'll answer questions in more detail, just a quick reply now as it's way late here:

I'm not in Germany, a couple of countries further south

I collect rainwater, I don't have access to a stream or river.

Wind is certainly an option and one I am intending to explore.

The thing that most put me off the solar and wind a while back is the need to use large banks of lead acid accumulators or similar for storage, which are expensive and don't seem to last long.

One of the appeals of Bedini motors was the idea of increasing life and performance of lead acid batteries and even recovering capacity in 'dead' batteries, or at least those that are sulphated, so this did rekindle my interest in the battery idea for storage.

From Bedini's videos, it appears that a large bank of batteries on the output of his 'energizers' to catch the radiant energy, using solar and wind as the input to trigger the coils, would be a good way to go.

However, when I signed up with the yahoo group and started down the path to building my first SSG motor, I just felt something was missing.

Not sure if it is a sense that something is not right with the claims, or they are keeping the good info private for now, or just my own laziness.

Would love to hear from anyone whose built an SSG and then moved on to the advanced groups, and what is going on there, before I put my energy, time and money into the first steps.

Would love to hear from FurnaceMan if you are still around, and if you got any further with the Puhairic (spelling) stuff.

ciao for now

XL5

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Dooper, Please explain to me/us how you measured the input/output, did you measure with volts AND amps at the same time? I visited the Energenx site and it looks like they just have a device that disolves the sulfer off the plates, now while that is GREAT (I have a bunch of sulfated batteries), its not free energy. Unless they have a device I dont know about, then what they have is only damaging to the battery comps that sell lead acid batt.s . If they do have a real free energy device that does not rely on batteries, I'd love to test it, not to prove it doesn't work or to make money making them but to get rid of all my half dead batteries.

I am not a skeptic at all, we don't know all there is to know about physics yet. I just don't like it when people claim they tested such devices and claim it worked without measuring volts AND amps the right way OR if its mechanical, they have not looped the output to the input.

Personally I have always wondered about the steven marks torriod unit, in the youtube video, it looks very convincing.

www.youtube.com...

If there was a way to use an electric potental field to make a metal thats not magnetic, into one that is magnetic OR into a magnet, that would make free energy also.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Hey RogerT, why not start out with Bedini's, and Bearden's, "Free Energy Circuits and Schematics" book? I've been curious about that for a long time, if there's anything that works in that book - but again, I don't have the mechanical expertise myself to build or test anything....

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XL5

You'll get all the info you'd like on the Bedini energizers and motors here:

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

or at least it's a good place to start.

If you haven't watched the 'Energy from the vaccuum series' (I think there are now 6 or 7 of them), that's also a good start. They are available on bit-torrent or at least they were.

Bedini says you cannot loop the output to the input, but you can use batteries to catch the radiant energy which he says is a chemical process.

However when questioned, he then says if I remember correctly, you could use an inverter off the batteries to loop it, which seems to contradict and makes me wonder why they don't just do it on the videos if it's possible?!

As you can see, my knowledge is scant at best on this subject, but there seem to be quite a few who know their stuff on the yahoo group.

I like John but he does come over rather cryptic a lot of the time. Kinda like he expects you to understand what he's thinking, and you're obviously a moron if you don't see it as clearly as he does.

I suspect the Bedini/Bearden tag team believe they are onto something which will imminently produce a world changing product, but it seems they are intent on keeping some things secret, either for the fame or for the money - just an opinion.

Perhaps they are just sick of the naysayers and feel they must make us jump through hoops to get the knowlege to prove we are worthy. Not really sure, which is why I'd love to have someone join the thread who's been there and done that.

ciao.

edit spelling

[edit on 7/2/09 by RogerT]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Perhaps I'll just get started on the SSG anyhow.

Now, how to go about getting those electronic bits locally ... you guys in the US don't know how good you have it with a radio shack on every street corner

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by houdanny

Wikepedia? Wikepedia is your source??????

Under proper test conditions? You sure of that? Hell, six years ago, we had a large forensic lab verify that we were getting 2.1 times unity of wattage using hydrogen plasma, and a trick cathode, they certified the results, and you haven't seen those results, either have you?

Better not, as they are under a strict non-disclosure agreement.

Why would people get killed? And by who?

So someone is going to announce, "Guess what? No more gasoline is required. No more coal is needed. No natural gas! In fact, we can extract all the energy we need, at will, at any point in the universe!"

Not going to be a popular idea with everyone. It throws entire nations resource valuations down the toilet. Trillions of dollars of assets are overnight - worthless.

The real question would be - who wouldn't want to stop this?

A year ago, I held in my hand, a perfect electret. Had been running for years, I shorted it out several times, and would watch the thing spool back up in a couple seconds. On the way to sign the European licensing agreement, the inventor, who had called me just the night before, was found dead, and within days, his lab, all late-generation electrets, his equipment, computers, lab notes, and safe were gone.

Do not presume to tell me about what is there and what is not.

For clarification - - No one said anything here about free energy. Only you!

That one-watt input??? That ain't free, baby!

And since you are so very ignorant of what is available, what is possible, what has already been done, and your source of scientific data seems to be Wikipedia, in all honesty, I wouldn't trust you to market a box of Girl Scout Cookies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join