It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore to Children: Question Your Parents' Climate Beliefs as We Questioned Segregation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I done a search on this and came back no results. Apologis if its been mentioned.

Does it appears Al Gore is trying to turn our children against us?

In audio aired on the Feb. 4 “Glenn Beck Radio Program,” Gore was advising school children on the eve of the inauguration of President Barack Obama, presumably at the University of Maryland Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference. He said that it’s up to them to question their parents on conventional wisdom in order to overcome the challenges of modern America, one of them being global warming

Which seems fair enough, i mean we need to educate our children on things such as Climate Change, right?

“The third crisis is one I talk about a lot – the climate crisis, global warming,” Gore continued. “What’s that all about? Most of you know what it’s all about, so I’m not going to dwell on it. But basically, because we’ve been relying so heavily on oil and coal, we’ve been burning larger and larger amounts of it in ways that pollute the atmosphere – not just of a city, not just of a region, but the entire world. And carbon dioxide, CO2, the principle global warming pollution, is different from the kind of pollution we’re used to thinking about.”

He's not going to dwell on it, but.....->

“Today, Jan. 19, 2009 – we will put 70 million tons of this global warming pollution into the atmosphere,” he continued. “A lot of people think it’s OK. They go outside, they look up at the sky. The sky seems like a huge place. How could we possibly have any impact on it? Just like they used to go out on the ground and look at the sun rise in the East and set in the West and conclude that the sun went around the earth – they were wrong then, and anybody who thinks it is OK to put all this pollution up there is wrong today. We have to change it.”

....and doesnt stop there ->

“The entire North Polar Ice Cap is melting,” Gore continued. “The sea level is rising, the storms are getting stronger. You know the story. It has to be dealt with and you have to help us deal with it because you – you’re not encumbered with these old assumptions that it’s OK to put all the pollution up there

Im going to stick my neck out here : has it not been proven that the " main " cause of Climate Change is to do with Solar activity thats not only affecting Earth, but the other planets too?

If thats the case then it appears that Mr Gore is not only turning our children against us but also feeding them lies?

I agree that we do contribute a small percentage of polution however, Mr Gore seems to have forgotten to mention this.

In response to Gore's statement, Beck, on his radio show had this to say ->

“’There are some things that you know that older people don’t know?’” Beck said. “That is – and I’m just getting started. That is one of the most incredible things I have ever heard. ‘There are some things that you know that older people don’t know.’ He is pitting the youth of this nation against their parents. We have a former vice president of the United States, a man who claims to have been President of the United States saying to the best and the brightest 12-year-olds that, ‘You know better than your parents,’ that ‘you don’t have to listen to your parents on things because they just don’t know.’”

...and

“I’m trying to think where else this has been done – Soviet Russia, Nazi, Germany, Mussolini’s Italy,” Beck said. “In fact, the Nazis took an extra step. Not only did they indoctrinate the kids and tell them you’re probably right, you know but your parents don’t; in fact, here’s the next step: Why don't you tell us what your parents are telling you. Are we having the new Hitler youth? Is that what this is? The new Hitler youth? I’m sorry, that’s so politically incorrect – the new green guard. Man your station, 12-year-olds, your parents just don’t know.”

www.businessandmedia.org...

Whats your thoughts?

IP

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think it's pretty clear that "global warming" is a ruse to yank "carbon taxes" from us...and that Gore is a tool.

Second line because the above is all I wanted to say.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Gore went cuckoo for cocoa puffs when he lost the 2000 election. The man hasn't been right in the head since.

I have lost all stock in the Nobel Peace Prize since it was awarded to him

I would hope my children would be smart enough to see he was cracked in the head

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Children to Gore.
Mommy and Daddy told me to never trust people like you cuz ur a schmuck in a suit.
Look a ladybug!!!!
(Gotta love kids honesty)

My point of view is he is not telling the truth in regards to the environment.
They gave him that project and like a dumb monkey who wants to keep getting paid he did it.
(Regardless of if he knew what he was doing)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Al Gore is a blithering window licker.

If he just regulated all that hot air spewing from his pie hole the planet would cool by 10 degrees.

note: smiling icons added to disguise controversial hate speech.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This has nothing really to do with the climate......its about control. Here is a thread I started about the U.N.

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

United Nations' threat: No more parental rights

A United Nations human rights treaty that could prohibit children from being spanked or homeschooled, ban youngsters from facing the death penalty and forbid parents from deciding their families' religion is on America's doorstep, a legal expert warns.

wnd.com...

This brings a bright light to the NWO subject. Note who monitors this treaty..........the CRC.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Anytime I see Al Gore's face, or hear his whiney voice, my gag reflex kicks in.

Al Gore is so full of crap, his eyes are brown.

He's taken an event, misapplied it to a controlled event, and the media pukes and Liberals have all bought in.

Well, Mars is warming a bit too.

So what's his solution for that?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow I was actually going to start a thread on this one.
I really just can't justify the fact than anyone who believes in man-made global warming is doing so for a carbon tax alone. Whether it is Gore or any other global-warmng activist they do actually believe everything they say.
That being said-Glenn Beck has gone bananas himself the past two days. I'm sorry but it started yesterday with his distaste for school roof solar panels or elementary class gardens or anything that promotes environmental stewardship in any way. Today was worse-he gets mad at Gore for telling today's children that they have the knowledge and power and insight to improve the environment (Gore then uses analogy as to his personal experience with the older generation during the civil rights movement) Mr. Beck then claims that such an analogy is folly-and then procedes to use the most riduculous analogy of the lot in comparing Gore's diatribe to that of Nazi Germany's youth movement?!?
I understand anyones position on man-made global warming because the evidence points in both directions. However, when Mr. Beck then goes on to insinuate how disrespectful it feels to have your child then come home from school and inquire as to why their parents do not recycle enough it seems he is not making the correct continuation in thought during his piece.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think Mr. Gore is a hack myself but I do think he has a point here.

The past few generations, mine included, have been incredibly wasteful.

I have hope that future generations can improve.

I am trying my best to teach my children to take care of this earth. Today for example we started our garden. I feel this is expecially important because when I was growing up I was told "You cannot be an environmentalist because that is pagan nature worship." Today some people say "You cannot be an environmentalist because Global Warming is a hoax. Both things are stupid to say--the facts are clear that we need to take better care of the world we all live in.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
One of the many problems with Al Gore's request to children is that most parents are NOT climatologists, nor are they expected to be. Of course, neither is HE. So to ask children to question their parents about global warming, is the equivalent of asking their parents to question Michio Kaku's string theory. Furthermore, this smells awfully similar to what the Nazis and the Communists did, when they told school children to check on what their parents were saying or thinking.
Next, they will be asking children to question their parent's religious beliefs, then what they eat, drink, books they read, and on and on. This is a dangerous, slippery slope.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A few more comments from a thread I started after this one on the same subject.

Beat me to it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
Al Gore is a blithering window licker.

I have to confess, I gave you a star just for the phrase "blithering window licker." Mind if I use this? Is there a royalty fee? XD

About Al Gore... it doesn't take a lot of researching to uncover the glaring holes in his nonsense (and I don't mean the ones in the ozone layer, either). Also, it's very disconcerting that this thing went from "global warming theory" to just "global warming," seemingly overnight. When did it cease to be a theory and become a fact? Am I the only one who didn't get the memo?

I look forward to the day when future generations recognize this, along with the previous "global cooling theory" and similar things as bunk and bad science. Kids are pretty savvy these days, I think they'll get it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I have to confess, I gave you a star just for the phrase "blithering window licker." Mind if I use this? Is there a royalty fee? XD

I stole the phrase from my girlfriend, only I dropped the part about the "special bus".
Oh,yea...and the fact that she was referring to me.
I'll be sure and give her credit.

I suppose I can add my thoughts on this thread too, as I didn't elaborate much in my original post.

GW is a complete sham, and the scientists that I know all agree that warming and cooling is cyclical, in roughly 110,000 year cycles. I also agree that pollution is dangerous to the fragile ecosystems such as those that reside in our oceans.

Telling children not to listen to their parents in such an influential stage of their young lives is beyond despicable, and only goes to show what lengths people like Al Gore will go to in order to shove their ideologies on others in order to promote their agendas.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Al has no idea what he is talking about and this is his latest attempt to get some attention and influence future carbon tax payers to enhance his familial empire and wealth. As soon as he finds out that water vapor has far more influence on the climate than CO2, he'll try for a water limits and urine trading.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
For these comments Al Bore should never be asked back into the media. But who am I kidding? Most of the media is composed of the same fear peddling catastrophists that are trying to bring us into tribulation.

Gore is missrepresenting the truth, and since he's having a hard time with adult minds he is trying to undermine them by selling his bs to the underdeveloped brains of minors. And at the same time further undermining the family structure, which is our real world order.

I say tell your kids, if you have them, that this man is an idiot. I say remind them who feeds, clothes and, regardless of what they get from school, who really educates them on the important things, like love and money. I say turn off the tv.

Gore just went one notch lower on my scale, which puts him somewhere between the basement and the plumbing.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by quitebored
Also, it's very disconcerting that this thing went from "global warming theory" to just "global warming," seemingly overnight. When did it cease to be a theory and become a fact? Am I the only one who didn't get the memo?

I think they gave up on "Global Warming", the new term the fear mongers use is "Climate Change".

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I think they gave up on "Global Warming", the new term the fear mongers use is "Climate Change".

Well, that's pretty... broad. I think I shall start my own theory: Global Lighting Change. Did you know that, once every few hours, the lighting on fully 1/2 of this planet diminishes in quality and quantity? I have evidence and charts to show that the hours of darkness are actually increasing in duration, which can only mean that eventually, we'll enter a period of no light whatsoever, and life as we know it will cease to exist! As further evidence of this global change, the increased duration of these long hours of darkness coincides with low temperatures on the same half of our planet where they occur!!

Ahem. Apologies--I've clearly had enough coffee today... *stops beating the dead horse and steps awaaaaay from the keyboard*

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
A few more comments from a thread I started after this one on the same subject.

Beat me to it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

....te he

Great minds think alike my friend

IP

new topics

top topics

join