It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why all the police hatred?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

The gene should have become dormant, the thing that I see is people almost seem to want the police burtality so they can play the the " I told you" card and the MSM only enables them to do that.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to post by RFBurns

The gene should have become dormant, the thing that I see is people almost seem to want the police burtality so they can play the the " I told you" card and the MSM only enables them to do that.

MSM is the source of the problem. For years now they have been feeding the public with so much garbage that it has become the normal accepted message. Like old leather, fits snuggly once worn in after a time. They turned from honest informative news to glitter and glamour news. I dont actually think of it as news anymore, but more like mini Hollywood clips complete with commentary.

On average, in a typical hour's worth of a newscast, you might get 2 or 3 percent that is actual newsworthy material, the rest is just fun and games and stuff to make the reporters look good and sound good.

After decades of manipulating the people, it is now what the people want and nothing else.

A mirror example of that is in actual movie relases. More tickets are sold to movies that cater to blood and gore and distruction than movies to adventure, imagination and creativity. TV shows are no different.

Perhaps some day soon we will see the trend turn and start to see more good things in media than all this other nonsense.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Maybe an event like this would make people question whether the police know what they are doing:

In the early morning hours of May 30, 1991, 14-year-old Konerak Sinthasomphone (the younger brother of the boy whom Dahmer had molested) was discovered on the street, wandering naked, heavily under the influence of drugs and bleeding from his rectum. Reports of the boy's injuries varied. Dahmer told police that Sinthasomphone was his 19-year-old boyfriend, and that they had an argument while drinking. Against the teenager's protests, police turned him over to Dahmer.

John Balcerzak and Joseph Gabrish, the two police officers who returned Sinthasomphone to Dahmer, were fired from the Milwaukee Police Department after their actions were widely publicized, including an audiotape of the officers making homophobic statements to their dispatcher and cracking jokes about having reunited the "lovers". The two officers appealed their termination and were reinstated with back pay.They were named officers of the year by the police union. Balcerzak would go on to be elected president of the Milwaukee Police Association in May 2005.[3][4]

Gives you warm fuzzies doesn't it?

<< 3  4  5   >>

join