It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why all the police hatred?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I was fired up last night about this thread so I walked away for a bit

I'm a firm believer in the law of attraction and it doesn't surprise me how many people on here have negative outlooks towards the police also have many negative interactions with them. Based on how you have replied in this thread It probably wouldn't be much of a stretch to say this has been your outlook since you were very young and maybe even your family's outlook also.

Now a general reply.

If the police were as bad as people are saying there are on here then we would have much more video and a much worse real life scenario to live in. If all the cops are murders and rapist I would think the 800,000 police we have in the US would probably be making a few more headlines.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Well put! of course were going to hear about the bad conduct, that's a given. I think that the overall impression of the police is driven by MSM, personal experiences as well as second hand accounts. I feel like the police are portrayed in a bad light and seen as monsters by some, but those who have benefited from police encounters will likely tell a different story.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Not a problem.

Actually, my opinion has evolved over the years: the older I get, the less tolerance I have for bad cops and those who enable them. I'm pretty strict about honor, duty, and service: people who casually violate such are contemptible in my eyes.

And I resent cops who view citizens as civilians as if they themselves weren't civilians also. In my view, active duty military are the only non-civilians in the country. For a civilian group to claim that status is an insult to those who serve on active duty, an unwarranted usurpation of status. That view, too, has evolved over time. Sorry, side issue and pet peeve.

If true stats were collected and collated, I have little doubt that for some segments of society, injury or death by cop is a significant factor of the overall injury and death rates. Mostly because they have to endure more frequent police contacts, and more frequent escalations. Have you any idea of how easily one becomes a criminal in this country? How many times people are browbeaten into accepting a phony guilty plea because their public "defender" tells them they'll risk a heavier sentence for slowing down "justice" and causing hassles to the court?

Finally, no, I haven't led a criminal life as you seem to imply. I have, however, worked with students, the poor, and the disabled enough to hear, see, and recognize a repeating pattern of abuse of power by police and courts.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981

Originally posted by mystiq
Well your very first link should be enough to illustrate what the problem is, and that this Nazi SS legion that is now walking the streets and beating up civilians, instead of protecting has to be done away with. This is the SS, and they need to be dealt with by the collective will and force of the citizens if necessary. Its a constitutional obligation to ensure fascism doesn't exist.

Would you care to explain how the police are even remotely related to the SS? I see no connection between the two.

The US has been an extension of the nazis since the war, when operation paperclip transferred them to the US. They run the country and my earliest memory as an experiencer involves greys and nazis in 67 or 68.

The police have been acting with undo force against citizens, pregnant women tasered, a 16 year old boy with his back broken tasered 16 times for not following an order (what do you bet it was GET UP!!!!) This is to demoralize and spread fear amongst the citizens who are now their targets.
This is the SS. Get rid of the nazis and the SS.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Another thing: you keep saying that everyone who dislikes cops are asserting ALL cops are bad, but most of the responders are fairly careful to use MOST, while pointing out the disparity between the willingness of the "good" cops to apply the law on the populace versus applying the same laws to themselves and their colleagues. Almost everyone admits to meeting, knowing, or experiencing a good cop. So we'r not saying they don't exist: we argue over ratios.

I think that we wound have a far more professional police force if we adopted a national zero-tolerance law for police: abuse your authority, lose your job at one end of the scale, go to jail for the middle, and death for extreme cases. And no 3-strikes, one and you're permanently out. And any incident involving the use of force means automatic on-site testing for illegal drugs like steroids and alcohol or any other judgment-impairing substances.

That would quickly weed out the abusers. If most cops are good, they would embrace this, right? Because they'd have nothing to fear if they did their jobs properly and they'd be glad to get rid of the bad apples pulling down their good name. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for their acceptance of zero-tolerance laws for them.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
you know something the cops always seem to forget is that it is just a job they all take it personally
if there upset with there job they should get another
do you live to work or work to live
some people should just not be police officers
they always use lowball tactics and get away with it
if you have some weed on you you have no rights
if you drive drunk you have no rights
one time i was being led into the police station it has a real long hallway with jagged type bricks sticking out of it i said to the cop it sure must suck getting your face drug along it he smiled and laughed and said yah you dont want to make any one angry in here
its a hard job i dont hate them
but in the 10 minutes you spend with them your life may never be the same again
and more often than not they could care less they act like there on a mission from god
when in fact it is anything but

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Police would do best to start policing THEMSELVES with the same tactics and enthusiasm that they police the people these days.

I am sick of hearing stories about how police tell their friends outside of the force about how unethical some officers are. They could grow a spine and work for change.

Like the officer that just shot that guy point black. I"m sure we've all seen the video. Am I to believe that the guilty officer didn't exhibit SOME warning signs and questionable behavior that perhaps could have been acknowledged and maybe even saved a life by getting him off of the streets?

Is it the fraternial structure of the system that seems to keep good officers from speaking out and self-policing the eithics of their fellow members? Is it because many officers are former military who may have learned how to treat prisoners/citizens in a war zone?

I've seen plenty officers verbally and physically abuse people...yes, I have...but when a fellow officer does something wrong...or says something shameless...as far as policing each other the officers seem to turn into scared little girls.

Maybe it's because fellow officers have guns as well...hmmm? Or scary black uniforms...?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Each man is a hero and oracle to somebody. --Emerson

Hero to you maybe.... they are doing their jobs.... I didn't hear one thing that deserved to be labeled as "Heroic".

Cops are not heroes... Just like military are not heroes. I was once called a hero because I was in the military. I used to go to work just like these cops. Maybe I am a hero.

The videos you provided do little to provide substantiation of the hero status of cops. The 1st had three cops fighting a knife wielder. The only positive about this incident is that they didn't use the taser and they admit to using their baton to assist in removing the weapon threat. Wasn't sure if they still knew how to hold the baton.

These are typical cop shows promoting the "good guys". Typical of them to try and cover up all the illegal activities they do. That's what the "Cops" shows are there for. Propaganda.

Now if you show me an actual cop putting his life on the line.... Maybe a video of a cop running into a burning house that no one else would go into, and coming out with a child or carrying someone. Those are very difficult to find since cops would not risk their lives like that for the common man. Years ago maybe.

About 30yrs ago on our way home from swimming my sister who was about 14, decided to mouth off to the police. Yelled "Hey Pig" while they drove by. They turned and were nice enough to give my sister a ride home to discuss this with my parents. They nicely told her that using that word for an officer of the law was impolite and put her in the back of the cruiser and drove off. We walked the rest of the mile or two home. She was warned by the parents, all was fine.

Nowadays, if someone calls a cop "pig", they abuse their authority and would probably taser the person.

Is there a law that says cops have the right to arrest you, taser you and abuse you for using a word?

I think there is... it's called the terrorism law. It encompasses everything.

Summary... Cops are not heroes, they are thugs. The media that portrays them in a positive light is biased. If you don't believe me, try sending some of the videos that prove the cops deceit to the media and see what they do with it. I know that "select" evidence has been provided but should they wish to provide the true amount of instances that occur, then I will acknowledge that they are not being propagandized.

Hero.. NO.... Law breaker... YES

Rgds

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I've never had a problem in 26 years of life with cops, so I don't hate cops in general. I do get very angry when I read about the bad ones who commit various abuses or atrocities, just as anyone else does.

I do know a lot of people who hate cops, however. Sometimes it's their own fault, like if the cops legitimately bust them for breaking the law, and that's just sour grapes at being caught, but in other cases it is the fault of the police for overstepping their authority, like many stories we read here on ATS.

I've known a few police and RCMP over the years, and without exception, the ones I've been personally acquainted with are genuinely good people.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I do know a lot of people who hate cops, however. Sometimes it's their own fault, like if the cops legitimately bust them for breaking the law, and that's just sour grapes at being caught, but in other cases it is the fault of the police for overstepping their authority, like many stories we read here on ATS.

Hey there! I think this sums up the whole thing quite nicely! I can even understand somebody disliking the police for arresting them... it's not ment to be plesent or fun or cheap for that matter it takes a big person to place the blame on thereself after being arrested instead of blaming the officer.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You wanna know why there's a lot of police hatred? Because there are a lot of corrupt cops.

You see stories all the time about them. About them killing people, assaulting people, using unnecessary force on people. And yet they get away with it. They are truly above the law.

And from personal experience, cops are a-holes. All the ones I have dealt with have been.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by PullThePin]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PullThePin

Why should the whole group become a target of prejudice because of the actions of few, thats the question I am posing.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Why should the whole group become a target of prejudice because of the actions of few, thats the question I am posing.

Because that group has the power to arrest, harm, or kill citizens under the cover of the law.

Anyone with such power should be treated with suspicion.

I was once pulled over for misdemeanor display of speed. I was able to prove that the officer lied in court, something I am proud of to this day because it is such a rare thing to do. Even though the judge found me not guilty, I had to take days off to show up to court for a court appointment, a plea, and the actual trial. I didn't get reimbursed for my time off from work, nor the gas, nor all those crazy parking fees. What is worse, nothing happened to that cop even though I proved in that he lied in court. If I wasn't able to prove myself innocent, I would have been slapped with a huge fine and possibly jail time.

Officers make mistakes, but their mistakes added to their power can ruin or possibly end someone's life.

Being a police officer is also being the most visible representation of the government. As far as I can tell, the government is full of corruption, so any representation of that probably shares in that corruption also.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Because you can't tell which is which.

If you are confronted by two things (spiders, birds, dogs, for instance) that look identical, but one is known to attack, harm or kill people, you simply can't risk treating them both as if they were benign, it's simply too dangerous.

The only way to deal with them is to assume you are dealing with the bad one until proven otherwise.

If your child meets a pit bull, do you assume that the dog is safe and allow your child to play with it or do you assume the dog might be dangerous and take precautions?

It is usually safer to assume you are dealing with a bad cop until he or she proves otherwise by their behavior.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
How dangerous is it to be a police officer?

Stats for 2007

I'd say it's a pretty intense job.

My way of dealing with the police has to always be nice and polite to them.

It's worked for me.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
How dangerous is it to be a police officer?

Stats for 2007

I'd say it's a pretty intense job.

My way of dealing with the police has to always be nice and polite to them.

It's worked for me.

Please.

Let's break those 188 deaths down:

8 died of 9/11 related illnesses...how many non-cops did too?

4 died accidentally...no mention whether job-related, nut way fewer than any other profession.

3 died in aircraft accidents...I'll assume they were helicopter crews on duty.

1 animal related...wierd, but I'll assume on duty, maybe thrown by horse?

48 auto accidents...note this is not in pursuit, which is a seperate category, just the same risk we all run every time we get on the freeway.

1 boating accident...how many fishermen die each year in boating accidents?

5 bomb deaths...legitimate stat

3 drowned...were they trying to save someone or partying on the lake? No clue, but let's say trying to save.

1 exposure to toxins...how many factory workers die each year from rhis exact cause? Way more than one.

3 falls...ok, let's say they were chasing bad guys over the rooftops, I doubt it, but let's say. How many roofers and tree-trimmers die from falls each year again?

65 gunfire...mostly legitimate, but how many due to unnecessary boneheaded escalations?

4 accidental gunfire...doesn't count if you shoot your own dumb ass or your buddy does.

8 heart attacks....everybody has heart attacks.

1 heat exhaustion...self-inflicted type death.

7 motorcycle accident...driving beyond your skills shouldn't count, I'll give you the 65 auto accidents, but accidents are accidents.

9 struck by vehicle...legit

6 vehicle pursuit...semi-legit, depends on who they were chasing and why...most chases are completely unnecessary, though.

9 vehicular assault...legit

2 weather related...same risk we all run

115 deaths are what we are left with.

How many tens of thousands of police are there?

I repeat: police work is far safer than virtually ANY other profession; you're barking up the wrong tree by trying to garner sympathy for cops based on how dangerous their work is. The facts simply don't support that view.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by apacheman]

[edit on 6-2-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Because you can't tell which is which.

If you are confronted by two things (spiders, birds, dogs, for instance) that look identical, but one is known to attack, harm or kill people, you simply can't risk treating them both as if they were benign, it's simply too dangerous.

The only way to deal with them is to assume you are dealing with the bad one until proven otherwise.

If your child meets a pit bull, do you assume that the dog is safe and allow your child to play with it or do you assume the dog might be dangerous and take precautions?

It is usually safer to assume you are dealing with a bad cop until he or she proves otherwise by their behavior.

I agree with this to a certain extent, yes you are right to error on the side of caution. However I would argue best to avoid the possible confrontation all together if that is the case. I have always been respectfull to police and I've no major complaints, I've never "messed" with a pitbull either even ones whom i've been told were good.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If it doesnt bleed..it doesnt lead. Mass Sheeple Manipulator's rule #1.

Hence they will ONLY show those videos of bad cops, the bad situations, oh lets not forget youbloobe and its highly biased display either!!!

There are more good cops out there than bad. Its just a shame that those good cops are not shown as often as the bad ones are.

Media sensationalism, ratings, violence, disruption, it all sells rating points for advertising. People want to see that kind of thing more than seeing good things that cops do.

The chaos is more exciting and entertaining than the good deeds are.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 7-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
If it doesnt bleed..it doesnt lead. Mass Sheeple Manipulator's rule #1.

Hence they will ONLY show those videos of bad cops, the bad situations, oh lets not forget youbloobe and its highly biased display either!!!

There are more good cops out there than bad. Its just a shame that those good cops are not shown as often as the bad ones are.

Media sensationalism, ratings, violence, disruption, it all sells rating points for advertising. People want to see that kind of thing more than seeing good things that cops do.

The chaos is more exciting and entertaining than the good deeds are.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 7-2-2009 by RFBurns]

Isn't that a shame? I think it's almost sickning how quickly the MSM jumps all over an officer's mistake(s) in order to boost ratings and lead the charge, reminds me of the bloodlust the Roman's had watching the collusium matches.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

...reminds me of the bloodlust the Roman's had watching the collusium matches.

I was going to refer to the daily Roman collusium bloodbaths as an example. Its true. And it is a shame. It is human nature to enjoy seeing suffering of other human beings. I consider it a flaw in our genetic makeup, a gene that should have become dormant long ago.

Thankfully there are those who can control that desire to view and cheer for suffering and seek out contentment in chaos and distruction.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join