It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why all the police hatred?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Wow great story and thank you for sharing! I think the aspect of your lady being in the bar was a motivator, in the case of the store clerk the motivator is tiny in comparison (employment) and of course not to downplay but the clerk isn't in "protect mode"

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

So do you see why I have a problem with calling police work dangerous, and find them somewhat lacking in bravery?

I truly respect and admire the good ones, but feel utter contempt for the bad ones, who, unfortunately, are in the majority.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten

Most of the threads also have posts that have links to other videos.... For each video you may find there are thousands of them showing the criminal side of this organization. If you wish I could list about three HUNDRED for you tomorrow.... Maybe someone should do a thread that shows all the bad videos together and all the good cop videos together for comparison.

Given your enthusiasm, you should be able to come up with a higher percentage than I given the number of "good" cops you believe to be in the force.

Have fun finding those....

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'm sure that when statistics are released on hate towards and crimes against police officers its gonna be a good reason for the Government to give them more new powers and some nice new big guns.

Police here in the United Kingdom are becoming noticeably more aggressive toward even what most others would describe as "regular citizens",

When the Government passed the all hours drinking law they knew fine well that people would go nuts and stay out drinking, and in turn becoming more aggressive and starting fights,
i think that was used to implement other laws and tactics police now use these days.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten

Most of the threads also have posts that have links to other videos.... For each video you may find there are thousands of them showing the criminal side of this organization. If you wish I could list about three HUNDRED for you tomorrow.... Maybe someone should do a thread that shows all the bad videos together and all the good cop videos together for comparison.

Given your enthusiasm, you should be able to come up with a higher percentage than I given the number of "good" cops you believe to be in the force.

Have fun finding those....

Well I appreciate the links and I will post a likend responce tomorrow, I think that just proves my point in that the bad is pointed out more frequently then the good. Over coffee I'll do my best to provide links to the "good" side

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
One of the points I was making in relating that story is that I was able to defuse a very dangerous situation with the application of a little patience and awareness, not macho bravado. A cop would have confronted the guy in a way that would most likely have left many wounded or dead. I confronted him in a way that he couldn't process a proper response to, so he took himself out of the situation.

I didn't do that randomly...I paid attention to his spirit and assessed his capacities. I had a pretty good idea of the outcome before I uncovered my spirit. From his point of view, I appeared literally out of nowhere. I could easily have taken his weapon away from him, but it may have gone off accidentally and harmed someone. He knew that I could have done this, too, and couldn't figure out why I didn't, and why I didn't accept him as a threat. By the time he began working that out, he freaked and just wanted out of there as fast as he could get.

Police seldom take that kind of approach, they're too into macho posturing.

Another point is that everywhere is dangerous, so one should never, ever depend upon others for one's own safety. And cops can't save you from that sort of thing anyway: you must be prepared to defend yourself.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Deffinatly a good skill you posses
I'm not sure it would work in all scenarios that a police officer might encounter. Brave none the less. For the record I consider bravery to be, a selfless act that puts one in harms way for the benefit of others, withough regard for ones personal safty or benefit. So with that said I'd call what you did brave and respectable but a cop would not be able to take that approach due to the fact of the person leaving with the weapon and the chance of them shooting somebody say in the parking lot.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Another point is that everywhere is dangerous, so one should never, ever depend upon others for one's own safety. And cops can't save you from that sort of thing anyway: you must be prepared to defend yourself.

You mean if you are able to right? take the elderly or the handicaped for example they could do little to defend aginst a physical attack they would be at the mercy of any bystanders that might happen to be present. What about children? they are all taught to call the police in the event of emergency.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

True, they probably couldn't take exactly that approach, but that doesn't mean a little patience and understanding wouldn't go a long way towards keeping violent confrontations down.

But I agree, the dynamics of having more people involved makes it more complex: I was alone and had to merely get him to leave. If there were more of me, he'd have run into them on the way out, though.

And he was captured without police help, by people who defended themselves.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Well I think some officers could learn a thing or two from your paitence, I believe that some have become "calloused" in their duties and perfer the rougher approach, is it right? maybe not but all in all the end justifies the means in some situations. I an not claiming to know what makes the gears tick ia good officer or a bad officer and not trying to push tollerance for negligent actions either.

Some police officers have their whole hearts in the job while others are indeed heartless, and I believe the majority to hate all police officers becuase of the actions of a few (not a literal few)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I've taught my granddaughter how to be invisible, as much of the old ways as she can absorb at this time. She's had her own set of throwing knives since she was five or so, she can shoot a bow, use a quarterstaff, make and use a bolo. She's been trained as a warrior ever since she claimed it at age two: I certainly wouldn't recommend attempting to harm her. If you were to somehow survive her irritation, you truly wouldn't want to face my anger.

My brother is disabled: he had polio as a baby. Growing up he pretty much defended himself, I was just there for mop-up duty mostly. Even today with hm in a wheelchair, it wouldn't be advisable to try to attack him, he doesn't have as much leeway to play with: you'll go down hard, fast, and extremely painfully.

I am approaching middle age: just barely into my sixties, but some might consider me elderly. That would be a grave error on their part. In another twenty years it will still be a very bad mistake. So that's kind of hard for me to relate to.

Among the Apache we've always felt the best way to keep your women and children safe was to ensure they could fight like a bear with 'roid rage at need. Works pretty good, too.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Gee, i wish I had caught this one sooner so my reply wouldn't be so far back in the list here. I'll tell you precisely why there's so much police hatred; it is from people having bad experiences with law enforcement, thus forming their opinions as bad ones, and the hatred ensues. Allow me to use myself as an example.

I didnt outright hate the police, yeah, I never liked how they acted above the law sometimes and quite cocky, but nevertheless I viewed them overall as people who protected me and my interests. These are the guys who'd be going after those who are attacking ME, I would think, so why is it so bad if they have such ruff behavior, at least the person messing with me illegally will be the one to experience it right? Wrong ..

So I am sitting on my back porch with my younger sister who was 17 at the time, 18 now. She had a friend over whom I did not know. The girl, as it turns out, was also 17 and she had ran away from a court ordered rehab in the last 2 weeks of her stay, she was about to be released, and that the police were looking for her. I knew none of those, my dumb little sister knew and didn't tell me or use her brain enought not let the girl come over. So I go out on my fenced in back porch, with a locked screen door on it and a roof, and im sitting with them, chatting. I had a pipe in my pocket, it was empty of any tobacco or pot or anything, just some ashes were in it. The cop walks alongside my privacy fence on my neighbor's side of the yard, who wasn't home at the time, and got parallel with us and said "Hey, can i talk to you two?" pointing at me and my sister, because the girl who was wanted stood up and hauled arse into my back door into the house to HIDE since she knew that a cop was there for her.

He tells us to walk over to the fence where he is, we do so, and stay on our side of the fence and we are talking, answering his questions. I let him know that I lived there and that it was my sister's friend I had no idea who she was. My sister agreed right then and there and said it was her friend only. I answered his questions, he became quiet so I said "I'm gonna go inside and get my Mother", because she didn't know what was going on, and the officer said "No, just sit tight, we're going to handle this". A few moments later out of frustration I said "I wish I could go in there and find the dumb girl myself", a joke, and he replied "No dont worry, we have this all under control, just sit tight" as if I was serious lol.

So back-up arrives, and first officer is a female. Shes standing at the gate to my backyard, the male officer says "ok follow me toward the gate" and me and my sister walked alongside our portion of the fence to the gate. The lady officer opened it, and we walked through as they told us to do. As soon as we got to the other side of our yard, the front yard but on the side of the house, he immediately says to me, "Okay, turn and face the wall and put your hands behind your head", which I knew was coming because they JUST LOVE TO PAT YOU DOWN FOR WEAPONS IF THEY THINK YOU HAVE DRUGS, SO THAT THEY CAN FEEL IN YOUR POCKETS AND THEN THREATEN YOU BY SAYING "DO U HAVE ANY DRUGS? IF YOUR LIEING TO ME IM GOING TO BE REALLY MAD WITH YOU SON, NOW DO YOU?"

Might I add that I looked quite bummy, not expecting visitors, and had a sweater with holes in it, was unshaven, and had a beanie cap on. Looked like a stoner I guess, to him anyways.

So anyways, he starts feeling my pockets, and the rest of me frisking me, he never said "I am performing a search for weapons", he didnt say a word about the search, just started doing it right then and there. He felt my pockets and said "You dont have drugs on you do you?" and I said No, because I DIDNT. He said, "if i find out you're lying to me im going to be really angry son". I didnt say a word, there was a brief silence, he said, "well, do you?" and I said, "I dont have any drugs, but I do have an empty pipe in my pocket, theres nothing in it". He immediately goes into my left pocket and pulls it out, like he already knew it was there from frisking me of course. He looks into it, and theres some ash in the very bottom of it, grey-white ash! no bud whatsoever! He handcuffs me on the spot and charges me with possession of marijuana, for having an empty bowl piece in my pocket inside my own home on my own property. Hes the one that forced me to come out of my home and would not allow me back inside of it to dispose of the thing, I was trapped from the beginning and he knew it. He was a Seargent on the Gang Squad, a slick little bastard, he lied in his police report starting as he walked alongside my yard he saw me with a pipe to my mouth and a lighter overtop of it, which is 100% a lie becaue truth be told, i was out of smoke entirely, so how im going to be smoking? You see, police corruption to ensure victory in court.

I went to court to fight it, after a lengthy discussion in person with the public defender. He thought I had a case. Then on court day, he shows me the police report stating he saw me smoking the pipe -- the big lie to make the case stick and cover his arse over screwing up on proceedures -- and all I had to defend me was my sister's testimony, so I had to plea guilty or else I would've got a mean sentence if I fought and lost.

See, once he took me around the front of the house, he sat me down handcuffed on my drive way. By now there were 8 or 9 officers and at least 5 police cars lining my street, all at my house, some in bulletproof vests and gang squad equipment, exposed guns and so forth. 4 of them formed a half circle around me on the floor of the driveway and began insulting me repeatedly. First insult was that I looked like Freddy Kreuger because my sweater had holes in it and was red and striped like his, and im thin. The second insult was that there might be some body parts in the freezer, that I might be on some "Jeffrey Daumer #" quote unquote, and to check the freezers too. The next insult was that I had fleas and the cop issuing the insult said he was going to take me to jail in the trunk so he wouldnt catch fleas of ticks from me -- of which i had none.

They couldnt find the girl, she was well hidden, so they called a motion K9. I have 3 cats in that house. I'm the one who locks them up, but im handcuffed, and my family is going crazy crying not knowing whats happening while the cops are searching thru the whole house. One of my cats got lost somewhere in the house, the big male cat with claws, so I told them, be careful theres a cat hiding in there with claws and its pretty big. Then they said "dont worry, if it gets in our way, the dog will kill it in no time" or something to that effect, that they were going to let the K9 attack my cat. it was like ANYTHING they could say to insult and be mean, they did. I wasnt instigating, I kept quiet the entire time!! Even during the insults.

They finally found the girl and then they take the cuffs off me, i notice that most of the neighborhood is now watching, complete with binoclaurs and the whole deal. Many of which had younger kids who played at my house with my neice, her friends, and this incident made her lose many best friends because their stuck up parents wont let them over there anymore because we are "bad people" because the cops were here. You see how pitiful this is? The cops are responsible for ALL OF THIS.. they handled the whole thing in the worst possible way, the only explanation for it is that they wanted to do it that way to be mean, assholes, whatever, and they succeeded, and now they have a new enemy because I lost all respect for their asses after that incident. Incredible..

So I went to court, waived my 1st offender status, took guilty on the misdemeanor smoke charge, since i waived 1st offender status, i had no probation, no officer to report to, no drug tests, no community service. Just a $300 fine and 6 month restricted license. So I left it @ that, i can get a job with a smoke charge on my record, gimme a break you know? beats letting them control my life for 6 months with urine test and probation officers, not to mention community service. and I still have that first offender status to use should I ever get a felony, since I waived it, as it works in this state.

[edit on 2/5/2009 by runetang]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I have never been abused by a cop...ever.

In fact, the times that I have been arrested, the cops treated me fine it was the jail gaurds who were a bit rough. lol

When I pass a border I just expect to be put into a room and patted down, questioned, van or bike searched etc.....no big deal.

I have had a lot of run in with cops and for the most part they have been more then fair and honest.....and many times just let me be on my way.

Of course I give them no grief.

I do feel it is my duty to raise a voice when somebody is being beat.....cop or no cop.

Also....if we did not have law enforcement of some sort we would have chaos...fear...and then we would once again pay somebody to "keep the peace",,,

Apache guy....I liked your posts.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

That's hitting the nail on the head. You are 'guilty before innocent' in our court system nowadays. Coppers are the best liars on the planet. A cop says it and a jury buys it. For example, a cop on a motorcycle thinks you are speeding but couldn't get a laser lock on you. What is your defense going to be in court when he lies and says you were speeding and he could get a lock on you? A red light camera snaps you in the intersection when you had to make an emergency stop because a child darted out. Do you think the judge will take your side? In California the cops block off all exits to a PRIVATE property shopping center then proceed to do 'emissions' checks on all the vehicles (this allows them to search over, under in, on or about the vehicle). I ould go on with criminal cases. An interesting statistic is that in the OC there is a 98.7 conviction rate for BOTH criminal and traffic violations. Please. The best scientific laboratories have a hard time producing any repeatable results to that degree, yet the CJ system, an inexact at best science, has better results? It is more like the 1.3% were able to prove their innocence and the rest were 'guilty before innocent.

Mind you, I have never been in trouble with the law and hold a security clearance. So my opinion is less biased than someone in trouble all the time. However, once the police MISTOOK me for a suspect, patted me down and hand cuffed me. They did the 'polyester pile up' someone spoke so highly about.

Cops also act above the law. The absolute bottom line is they can be pure criminals as long as they have a badge. There is a fine line, one that gets finer everyday, between cop and criminal. I feel like a previous poster who mentioned 'police' is too good a term for them.

Police work is indeed not as dangerous or for that matter lethal as Apache has pointed out. MSNBC quoted labor department statistics saying 184 cops were killed in the line of duty last year. Of that, 43 were from firearms, 41 from other weapons and a whopping 100 were from traffic accidents. Police shootings are at a 30 year low. Violence is not the number one killer of cops, bad driving is the culprit.

Their attitude stinks. Like a previous poster who defended them suggested some of us should live in Iran if we don't like it so the cops believe that their tactics are unquestionable and because it is worse somewhere else means we should put up with it here. Surprisingly nobody has used the 'You can't judge us unless you are one of us' logic yet. This argument is symptomatic of the problem, they don't feel they should answer to the people they serve, the public.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

As I have said before, there are many thankless jobs out there, being a police officer is one of them. If police officers want adoration, I suggest they apply for god hood.

Once the police start regarding themselves properly as civilians, and not a paramilitary force then their relations with the rest of the civilian populace will get better. As long as they are kicking doors in, killing peoples pets, covering up for one anothers illegal actions, and generally acting like giant walking butt holes, their relations with the rest of the civilian populace will continue to decrease. The real crux of the problem is that police regard themselves to be above the law because there's nobody watching, or able to police them. They know there's no real recourse for any illegal actions from issuing an illegal ticket all the way up to murder on their part, and they show it.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Commendable, and I'm glad that someone whose not biased by dealings with the judicial system has given an opinion, thanks.

So what you are saying is you don't want anyone who has been "biased" by dealing with the judicial system to comment on this thread?

Welcome to the foe list.

Cops are not the ones that the majority of us "hate", that is those of us that know what is going on in the world.

We know that it is those who make oppressive laws that are to blame.

Police depts. across the country have been subverted by those in power to oppress the people of this country.
Individual police depts are however responsible for policies that they use, and many of those policies including planting drugs on people, and tricking people into breaking the law. Those individual depts, and officers are to blame for their actions.

Cops can start acting like human beings if they want respect from human beings. In my opinion they are the most dangerous people you can encounter. I'm no criminal, but I know that even without committing a crime you can be killed by cops for no more reason than mistaken identity.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Honestly, you also never hear about the good times of cops, when they go to grade schools and give D.A.R.E speeches. I know i've had my share of getting pulled over and they had a duty to take me to jail on the spot, and they let me go with just a warning no ticket no nothing. In most cases of Police Violence, its been provoked by the person not the cop. Imagine being (THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE RACIST) a white cop and having to pull over a car full of black thugs, you have to be aware of the music they listen to (not all black people are killers I know) about cop killing, and they style and mindset most thugs have. So of course you know by now, that its not going to be a pretty sight when that guy gets pulled over, the thug will yell and scream Racist, then fight, but in the end, the cop will look like the bad guy.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jBrereton
Because a lot of people here have a strong distrust of all authority and all that. Can't say I share it, but that's how it is.

Well, when the police start raping women they pull over, torturing those they arrest, suppressing free speech and electrocuting citizens, i tend to distrust them somewhat. Kind of hard not to, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

As requested I have compiled some compelling cases of police heroism,

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Here are some memorials to officers killed in the line of duty.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.portofsandiego.org...
www.kbtx.com...
www.koaa.com...
www.thetwins.com...
www.sj-r.com...

Here are some links related to the dangers of police work.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
So what you are saying is you don't want anyone who has been "biased" by dealing with the judicial system to comment on this thread?

Absolutley not, here you have made an assumption as to the meaning of what I stated. All opinions are respected and welcome, including yours. I was attempting to make the connection between those who have had negative experiences with the police forming ill opinions and those who have had no involvement sharing as well. I was commenting on the fact that the poster had been in no trouble and posted a well written response. Nowhere did I allude to not wanting biased opinions. Although it's obvious that if one is constantly in trouble they will most likely have a negative opinion of the police.

I asked a question, "why all the police hatred"? and expected likened responses, I did not place any restrictions, guidlines or peramiters on discussion. I simply asked a question, gave my opinions as well as supporting evidence. In any case thank you for your thoughts in the matter at hand and I look forward to reading more.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join