It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Israeli spokeswoman says we control stupid americans[HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

No, I don't believe it. I have been to Israel and I personally know that, as far as the Israeli people go, they are a very meek and gracious people. When you are walking down the streets of Jerusalem and pass a park and there sits an Israeli family who just up and invites a stranger to join them (me), I think this speaks toward the Israeli people fully well.

Do I think the Israeli government holds a different opinion of the United States, one not reflected by the citizens? I think if they did, we would be fully aware of it by now and it wouldn't be coming via some third party reporting.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

Assuming this is even true....

New's flash.
Stupid Israeli spokeswoman is so deluded, she thinks Israel controls Americans.

If that were really the case, why don't they have all our best military tech?
Answer: They do

If that were really the case, why don't we have 100,000 US soldiers over in Israel fighting for them?
Answer: we do. Iraq, afghanistan, maybe iran? Proxy wars on israel's behalf. Or do you really think saddam was a threat to the USA?

Give me a break

[edit on 4-2-2009 by jfj123] [/quote

You must have missed what I wrote.
"If that were really the case, why don't we have 100,000 US soldiers over in Israel fighting for them?"
Why aren't 100,000 US soldiers IN israel right now fighting back the "terrorists"?
The idea that israel controls the US is simply STUPID.

This news article is probably false as no politician in their right mind would say something like this even if they thought it as it would only backfire on them.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
sounds just like something a paranoid anti-israel/anti-american muslim would say when talking about Israel and the U.S., talk about extreme exagerations, sounds more like frustration on their part and rightly so, they are david to Israel's goliath. I say Israel has used considerable constraint against them savages, I'd bomb em to hell then put up a wall, then do it again and again, then remove the previous walls and blam you got yourself more space so these uneducated morons can't blindly fire rockets not caring who they kill.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I thought it was strange the ceasefire was called what days before the inauguration? Coincidence?

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Mailman]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
if this person actually exist, she is probably right. we can only hope americans listen to her loud and clear and respond with a resounding up yourrrrrrrrrrs israel!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
reply to post by whaaa

No, I don't believe it. I have been to Israel and I personally know that, as far as the Israeli people go, they are a very meek and gracious people. When you are walking down the streets of Jerusalem and pass a park and there sits an Israeli family who just up and invites a stranger to join them (me), I think this speaks toward the Israeli people fully well.

Do I think the Israeli government holds a different opinion of the United States, one not reflected by the citizens? I think if they did, we would be fully aware of it by now and it wouldn't be coming via some third party reporting.

Not to attack you but I am sure there were some Iraqi citizens that may have said the same thing that you just said. It did not stop the government of those nice American people from attacking their country.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
*clap clap clap*

More useless propoganda to portray Israel as villains.

Funny how familiar this all is considering that is was laughed off back in 2002.

The Sharon quote?

www.camera.org...

The author of the article herself admitted is was false. How much better can you get?

This one? The similarities are remarkable aren't they? The language, the terminology... and yet people are still willing to mindlessly jump up and say this is true, this is gospel.

What a horrible example of irresponsible journalism and the effects it can have on people that have no desire to corroborate things that are said.

A sad statement on reality today.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yes, I understand that you are not attacking me. I think, given the choice of where the people of Iraq were, under the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein , in comparison to where they are today, hopefully there is an appreciation that exist there, despite what has occurred in the process.

I don't know which would have been better for the Iraqi people, to have never gone into Iraq and leave them under the dictatorship of Hussein, or, the route which was taken and to where they have arrived now? In either case, the people of Iraq have suffered, under the bondage of Saddam Hussein and through liberation to freedom.

Either way, everyone wants to be free, like you and I, and have the opportunity to live their life in peace and, like you and I, I am sure we both wish that for everyone.

Personally, yes, I ache for those, especially the children, that have had to be subjected to war and robbed of childhood through all the destruction and death that surrounded and yet, still surrounds them.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

Well the sad thing is, weather or not she is a "spokes woman" or not she knows EXACTLY the way it is. Then again so do allot of people.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

Well the sad thing is, weather or not she is a "spokes woman" or not she knows EXACTLY the way it is. Then again so do allot of people.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Israel is just another colony of the New World Order Banksters. Just like America, Britain, and the rest of the west.

I am no supporter of Isreali violence against Palestinians, and I'm sure it has New World Order backing, but there is a higher power running these governments, and they are all in cahoots with themselves.

So, I do think this is complete rubbish whether she said that or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If this is true, and terrorists are really in control of our media, government and everything else, then something has to be done about this. This brings a new light onto a lot of things concerning us, the Jewish people or maybe it's just certain Jews and more importantly how we view the Holocaust. Very interesting, wow.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm sorry, where does the Holocaust come in here exactly?

Two fraudulent statements posted to portray the Israeli people negatively (as if their government doesn't do a good enough job of that) and now somehow the Holocaust is involved?

This gets more interesting by the minute.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Regardless of whether or not it is true, it's still the ideology that the Israelis posses.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
No way has Israel ever done anything wrong the media always corrects this kind of miss-writing to represent their truth......its them evil Ayrabs thast done it

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

So you find nothing wrong with the use of invented quotes to prove a point?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I couldn't find the spot in the article about the Sharon "statement" where the journalist actually admits to fabricating, though I am willing to agree that it was probably bogus. Especially as she changed her story regarding the source.

"In a May 10, 2002 column "Now Isn't the Time for Bush League Moves," Geyer reported, first without specific attribution of the source, that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon had claimed to "control America." The editor of the Chicago Tribune, which ran the column, told the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America that Geyer used a press release from the Islamic Association for Palestine as her source.

IAP quoted in turn a broadcast on an Israeli radio station, Kol Yisrael. Kol Yisrael denied that any such broadcast has occurred, and the statement could not be substantiated by any independent news source. This led CAMERA to report that the quote was fabricated. A correction was issued, stating that the quote had been used in Palestinian press but was otherwise unconfirmed."

At the same time I can't see where she admits that she had fabricated the quote, if we are going to stick to proof maybe that's what we should point out is that it remains totally unsubstantiated rather than say she admits to it being false.

At the same time you might also want to mention that your "source" CAMERA is a Pro-Israeli magazine.

"The Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA) is a Boston-based, non-profit, pro-Israel media watchdog group which was founded in 1982 to respond to alleged anti-Israel bias in The Washington Post" So not exactly the most unbiased source either.

Maybe we can then debate the fact that CAMERA have been accused of infiltrating Wikipedia in order to correct "incorrect" opinions and statements about Isreal?

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

At the same time you might also want to mention that your "source" CAMERA is a Pro-Israeli magazine.

"The Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA) is a Boston-based, non-profit, pro-Israel media watchdog group which was founded in 1982 to respond to alleged anti-Israel bias in The Washington Post" So not exactly the most unbiased source either.

As opposed to the "source" for this woman's statement which again, ever so coincedentally mirrors the one "stated" by Sharon.

Yet for some reason you are a bit more eager to accept that "source" as solid. Why?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yet you think an equally unreliable source "disproving" her claim should be the source of choice? The only source that claims that she lied is CAMERA a Pro-Israel group, who infiltrated Wikipedia to help the masses with the correct perception about Palestinian and Israeli issues .

The only source of her lying about this statement is CAMERA. I can't find any other non-partisan group stating that she lied or even changed her story.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Doesn't this deserve the [Hoax] label ?

Sometime I wonder what's goin'on, there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join