It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Point Your Religious Finger At Me !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If there is no God, then how can you explain what happened to me 20 yrs ago.
I was deeply depressed and full of guilt, all I wanted to do was die. So one night I decided to end it all. I drew up a bath, stripped down and when I looked in the medicine cabinet, the razors were gone. I looked in the cabinets, my dressing table, everywhere, they were gone. Disparate to end it, I went to the kitchen to get anything I could find. Nothing!!! All the knives were gone!!!!!! I dropped to my knees and wept uncontrollably, begging God for help. The next thing I remember is waking up in my bed, still nude but no longer unhappy. It was as if my soul had been replaced with one full of peace and love. This had a huge impact on my life. I no longer committed the acts that were causing my guilt, I even stopped cursing. My husband noticed the huge change in me and while we were driving on day he asked me what happened. I said it was hard to talk about, all I can say is that it was........and at that exact moment, we passed a sign on the side of the highway that said only -- JESUS SAVES. I said to my husband, there you go, that's what happened.
Take from this what you want, all I know is that I was blinded by God or His angels that night, there were plenty of razors and knives in the house. He blinded me because I was not meant to die that night. Call it what you will, I call it divine intervention.

No matter what you think, GOD LOVES YOU anyway!!!!!!!!!

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by heretic today gone tomorr

Now you got that off you chest, care to mention any particular event that has pushed you enough to post? Or is this an accumulation of being pissed off from years of deluded people trying to dictate how you should live, and ATS is a good place to ask them to prove their case.

S&F just for the time it took to type your post
[edit on 4-2-2009 by moocowman]

What does s&f mean?

What has "led" me to my view is, History of earth, life and humans, and the evidence that Archaeological and paleontological studies present.

What has "pushed" me to post Is things like Catholicism and the pope , "Bible bashers" not all,, but the few which have sneered at me for telling them the same as what iv wrote up top,
and all those people who are really interested in your religious opinions but then turn their heads and pretend you don't exist because you tell them otherwise AND can get the facts to with it which contradicts their Church's teachings! which has actually happened, and i lost what i thought was a good Friend because of that.

and not forgetting that racist church in America which is in the headlines quite allot, (cant remember its name) but it was on tv recently showing one particular family who go out to funerals of soldiers and protest and stand in the street with hate signs.
I could go on a good bit more but i wont bore you with it all.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by heretic today gone tomorr]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
You're just another cocky guy with some newfound info.Let me tell you, your arguments are brutal. Like for example you think that since the bible is 6000 years old that must be how old God is lol. I have the 2008 encyclopedia set...guess that means the info in it is only 1 yr old! Also, you forget that we don't know what information or whatever fallen angels shared with man when they were cast down. Let me put it this way i've answered a lot tougher questions in my own mind about my faith and the answers only come with patience.
There are people out there who think the joke is on YOU.

I admit I'm a "cocky guy" like most other men in the world i guess,
but not because of what iv said or the way worded my post,,
When it comes down to talking about this its all about the facts because i am "trying" to reach people and help steer them toward true unity and real truth and pure clarity and real freedom, As unified and truthful and clear and free as is HUMANLY possible,, somthing most religious orders would forbid and burn/hang me for.
The Encyclopedia set you have is like the bible in the way that whats written in it is updated and modified every so often,
but UNLIKE the bible, your encyclopedia is completly full to the brim with facts.
I ask you to tell me the date of birth of God,, Yours or anyone else's.
I will still prove him false or even that he created earth and the "heavens".

And the angels you say came down, well theres way more chance that they were extraterrestrial than being angels of god or angels expelled by god.

I can tell you of a Japanese "myth/legend" that says GOD was born out of the chaotic earth, even if its meant as earth in its early formation it would still prove him having nothing to do with creating it or the heavens.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
As a non believer here is how I see it....when a believer talks to someone who isn't there it's called praying. When I do it it's a reason to put me on medication

Ah, but the jesusgod is not there, he's here inside you you must open your heart to the holy spirit and allow him to consume you with his love. Only by opening your heart to the lord, and understanding his word can, you reach the place of peace and know that through the sacrifice of his only begotten and our acceptance of this blood offering of the lamb of god will we sit at the right hand of god.

There you go, I can talk absolute nonsense with great authority and not need medication lol

I agree, you can spout some nonsense, but this isn't your best work - I give that a C. Maybe a C- just because you confused holy spirit with Jesus and added understanding the bible to the path of salvation.

The Father accepted the sacrifice of the lamb, Jesus, not us. The holy spirit is dispensed at belief. Belief is the result of a broken spirit and crying out to a God you cannot see. A desire to understand what God says comes after receipt of the holy spirit. Hearing the word of God builds faith. The resulting sanctification is a process that you can read about in the beatitudes.

Anyways, this was all prompted by your use of the "open your heart" phrase that's so popular. Children know what that means but by the time we're adults, we're way too hardened by our own sins to understand it.

We ain't openin' our hearts to nobody unless he has an M.D., a porsche, and it costs us $50,000!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Will you tell me what have i accused people of?
I have only "pointed" out the facts,

The reason i wrote the title_"Don't point your religious finger at me" is simple, because thats what you will find they do, when someone presents them with real questions and can offer them the real truth and tells them of the facts which disproves everything the bible tells them,
And after they are proved wrong in their beliefs and have no get back, they just turn to their bible, and all is forgotten.

EVERYONE will say they don't like being lied to,,,
but when it comes down to religious people they really don't mind at all, they even pay to be lied to, some even get all dressed up on a Sunday to go and be lied to face to face and a lot of them give money so that buildings may be built in which more people will be lied to.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I hear what you're saying heretic and I agree with you. Now I better go take my meds

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Fair enough well said.
But you know what?
Id rather be hangin out with Jesus, than I would with any of the others.
Word to the wise.

But you would not be "hanging out" with him, you would be serving him.
just like you would the "Illuminati", Jesus is depicted as having a glowing halo, "the illuminated",
ask a Catholic priest about that one, ask what is the connection between Jesus, Catholic order and the Illuminati.
then when its all denied to you and you go off having to do your own research and see the real truth, you will no longer want to be a catholic, if you're one already that is.
Or would you like to be a Jesuit??

WORD TO THE WISE,
I'm sure as long as you serve your masters well they will feed you with the best scraps from the supper table.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Let me get this straight. When you refer to Christianity, you mean CATHOLICISM?
Is that true?
You're European?
The halo is NOWHERE to be found in the Bible as a GOOD thing.(if it's there at all.)
It has to do with sun worship;
Sun2

Halos:
Another sign of sun worship we need to look at is the halo. Halos are pictured as a luminous ring or a disk of light that surrounds an object. Webster's Dictionary describes a halo as the aura of glory, veneration, or sentiment surrounding an idealized person or thing. The golden or jeweled crowns worn by royalty, meant to signify their "divine right" to rule, were originally modeled after the halo. But it was the ancient pagans that originated this practice of using halos or "sun-disks" to signify the divinity of the sun god Ray. Many of the customs and much of the icons of our worlds religions were adapted from paganism, and Sun worship is what spawned the use of these sun disks in pictures and graven images. People who worshipped the sun emulated its rays by wearing rings of feathers or leaves on their heads, and anytime rays are about the head it is Ray even though some may try to call it Jesus. Halos commonly appear in so-called 'Christian' religious art as a symbol of saintliness or divinity. The truth is that the halo did not come into Christian art until the third century at a time when pagan religions were suppressed and the halo fell to disuse among them and it was around that time the Catholic Church grabbed it. In the beginning, the Catholics only had the halo around their Jesus god, but by the fifth century, halos were used for the goddess Mary, angels and their saint gods. So let's call it what it is, the Sun god Ray.

The Catholic church has brought in LOTS of things like that.
Here's another link;
The sunburst image

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Let me get this straight. When you refer to Christianity, you mean CATHOLICISM?
Is that true?
You're European?
The halo is NOWHERE to be found in the Bible as a GOOD thing.(if it's there at all.)
It has to do with sun worship;

So let's call it what it is, the Sun god Ray.

So lets call it what it basically is,,,,, Symbolism
how it is "possibly" used and interpreted is what i was pointing out
and i was NOT saying it was in any bible.

As well as those descriptions of its meaning and use, its symbol has also been used for the Templar knights, Knights of the "round" table, and is seen by some as a symbol for a gateway.

No im not European I'm British, whether we join the euro or not.
There may be a big differences in the Christian and Catholic practices but they share the same god. So i apologize if comments i made in relation to that subject are "blurred" at times.

Thank you for your refreshing sourced info.

I think that since humankind could, we would have worshiped almost everything around us from the sky down, up until religion and god were created by the modern man.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I think this post was very arrogant and not well written at all. It was very hard to fololow. And most of your 'facts' about religion were steered toward christianity... but you made it seem as if you were attacking religion in general!

Also, if you are going to put the spot light on a religion, make sure you get your facts straight about it. Alot of the 'facts' you gave were wrong (concerning the beliefs).

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iesus_freak

Then please point them out so as i can amend. And why did you find my post "arrogant"? please explain.

It was not my intention to steer anything toward any religion in particular, but wanted to cover them all at once, If it was my intention to steer attention toward any religion it would be the Catholic religion, for good reason as im sure you read at the start of the thread,
i apologize about my post being hard to follow, if theres any questions you want to ask or any part of it you would like cleared up then just say so, you know how the site works.

I'm not picking on the people who follow but the people who preach and especially the ones who know exactly what they are preaching.

I am EXPOSING religion but if you want to use the word attack then theres not much i can do.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by heretic today gone tomorr

and all those people who are really interested in your religious opinions but then turn their heads and pretend you don't exist because you tell them otherwise AND can get the facts to with it which contradicts their Church's teachings! which has actually happened, and i lost what i thought was a good Friend because of that.

maybe---- just maybe thats because you are very arrogant and cocky and tactless. if you are going to present you beliefs present them in a humble manner--- not telling someone that they are stupid for beliveing what they belive in, but that you belive something different.

plus, you are reading one side of the story. you read books by those against christianity only, from what i have read. read up on christian scientists and christian apology... that way you have the full view and you can honestly state that you are not being narrow minded with what you allow to become a source. i have read very hard questions that test my faith to the core. then i read the christian view that explains this and it doesnt satisfy me. so i see if the bible really teaches this. i also look at the atheistic views and learn them well. i learn how to battle them and realize when the are right.

you cannot be that biased about 'facts'

honastly i have asked myself more challenging questions then you about my faith and they have been answered and then the answers sometimes get disproven and i realize it and adjust my beliefs to the facts. but you cannot go up against a religion unless you understand its teachings...

which you dont

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
You're just another cocky guy with some newfound info.Let me tell you, your arguments are brutal. Like for example you think that since the bible is 6000 years old that must be how old God is lol. I have the 2008 encyclopedia set...guess that means the info in it is only 1 yr old! Also, you forget that we don't know what information or whatever fallen angels shared with man when they were cast down. Let me put it this way i've answered a lot tougher questions in my own mind about my faith and the answers only come with patience.
There are people out there who think the joke is on YOU.

ok smartypants, prove your point then dont just mock and sit there smirking in some ignorant stand on the issue.

I agree the with poster, I think the religious and the anti religious are all crazy, and only intellectual seekers who want truth will look past the emotional and reactive presets of that paradigm to find truth.

Religions example their failure through controls and wars and taxes and "the way it is" thinking. I for one would be glad to be considered apostate and insulting to a man or woman with a stern face implying they are authority over me. Theres a reason Americas Constitution was NOT inspired by God, but rather first Liberty, Which we assume GOd gave us due to the NATURE or the earth, which truly in the end is caged and restrained in order to stay alive. So my point is is that FREEDOM IS A FALACY. And people who impose the lie mental templates, whatever it be from religion to secret society to cult to statism, its all falsity and delusionaal wealth trying to maintain delusional wealth. The field workers who promote peace and feed the poor and risk their lives, they are the only ones I would remotely call Godly. TO me volunteerism is a false start towards what should be already, rational societal mode.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by iesus_freak

Well i didn't tell them they were stupid for any reason at all,
That day they brought up the religion subject to which i made no comments, right up until i was asked about my opinion,
so i gave them what they asked me for, it appeared to upset some of the group so i stopped, Then one of them asked why i would say such things and how i could say those things without having any proof or proper religious education, it looked like i hit a nerve, and so i tried to avoid continuing but,,,he wanted to know he kept at me for my answers,
so i told him,
And i even offered to show him the facts and he denied them, it appears then, that he like the rest were unwilling to hear ANY other view.

And which books are these that go against Christianity? Ive read no such books,
I don't care which religion you follow im not steering to anyone in particular as i said,
its ALL religions INCLUDING GOD that i want to expose for what it is,
which is very easy to do, the writings on the wall and its just a matter of time until we all wake up from it and move on united, and no i don't mean one world government, I'm not up for dictatorship.
and surely you must feel in your heart that it is the mortal man that has created it all.

The truth wants to be known,

you cannot hide it forever as the CATHOLIC church would like to.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
I read just a few lines into your opening post in regard to your thread and just stopped reading. Why? Basically because all you are projecting is a deep anger and hatred, and anyone, with that combination existing in their heart has no clear insight into spiritual matters, much less the real word.

No wonder you think there is no God.

But the amazing thing is, I'm not an angry person,
i do have hatred for some aspects of life and for some types of people,
your right i do not have a clear insight into spiritual matters, but present me with a challenge and IL give it a try for you,
and as for having no clear insight into the real world,,
well on what way do you mean?
the way i see the real world, as long as me and mine are ok then its easy to look out my your Friends if and when they need it and anyone else who needs looking out for.

and its not "no wonder you think theres no god"
its i don't believe in god or any religious establishment,
i have seen the facts and now i have no place in my life for any religion or its lies.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ichabod

We ain't openin' our hearts to nobody unless he has an M.D., a porsche, and it costs us $50,000!

Nice line my freind lol
Thanks for the C minus by the way, a marked improvement to some of my previous F's lol.

Yes indeed I was talking gobbeldygook I have no Idea what I was saying but it sounded very much like how xtians speak.

I'm a little confused about this sacrifice thing, nope that's a lie the sacrifice thing makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

If my child needed a liver and I donated my liver, he lives I die, that's a sacrifice.

My child and I are caught in a snowstorm I give here my clothes, she lives I die that's a sacrifice.

1: an act of offering to a deity something precious ; especially : the killing of a victim on an altar
2: something offered in sacrifice
3 a: destruction or surrender of something for the sake of something else b: something given up or lost

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

If there is no God, then how can you explain what happened to me 20 yrs ago. I was deeply depressed and full of guilt, all I wanted to do was die. So one night I decided to end it all. I drew up a bath, stripped down and when I looked in the medicine cabinet, the razors were gone. I looked in the cabinets, my dressing table, everywhere, they were gone. Disparate to end it, I went to the kitchen to get anything I could find. Nothing!!! All the knives were gone!!!!!! I dropped to my knees and wept ----------

Not wanting to in any way belittle or make light your terrible experience, one cannot help but ask, how can you know these items etc were not taken by let's say an alien or a fairy, they are no more less likely to exist than a god.

To quote someone who I can't remember "People often mistake a shadow for a burglar but never a burglar for a shadow" , to add up your coincidences and deduce it must be god is a bit of a stretch.

Why is it do you think, that you'd got to a point where you were riddled with guilt obviously transgressed some moral or other and wanted to die. Suddenly out of the blue the entity that you call god prevents you from dying, obviously from what you have said not wanting you to suffer no more, showing you compassion and mercy.

Yet the same god looks on indolently at thousand of babies who have no guilt, no voice, screaming in agony from depleted uranium, shrapnel or burns.
Why does your god not show these innocents the same compassion and mercy, at the very least end their pitiful tortured lives so the pain would cease ?

Was your misery and terror greater than theirs and this god only able to show compassion to one of his children at a time?

Thousands of children are screaming in terror and agony as you read this, only wanting to live, these are supposed to be his children where is he?

It is alleged that jesus made the choice to suffer, these babies have been given no choice and certainly no chance, yet their suffering continues, screaming in the ears of a deaf god.

Your god has a long history of torture and murder, his silence in regards to the suffering of children caught up in wars is deafening and true to form. That being said, you were more likely to have been saved by an alien no ?

[edit on 4-2-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Makes ya think, huh?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I thought you'd get a kick out of it. Just trying to keep it light.

Review the 7 things that Jesus is said to have uttered on the cross. I think you'll see the sacrifice he made. Of course, we don't have his perspective so it remains something that we can never experience here. You can question it if you like, but it is said that he said these things while being nailed to and dying on a cross. To manage 7 or 8 doctrinal gems while gasping for your breath is pretty impressive.

But I do get a kick out of you. You're definitely one of the sharper tacks in here. I really enjoyed your bleeding heart rant below your reply here - especially the indolence line. That is some beautiful blasphemy man - you're lucky you don't live in the 1400's. The fiends running the church back then would have burned you at the stake.

The long and short of your anguished rants is - you're a local optimizer, God's looking at the big picture. With your perspective and no God, you can't even be sure that the things you think are good are good because you can't see side-effects.

Anyway, you're an esteemed foe so hat's off to you.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by heyo

I have the 2008 encyclopedia set...guess that means the info in it is only 1 yr old! Also, you forget that we don't know what information or whatever fallen angels shared with man when they were cast down.

You must admit that most info in encyclopedias is verifiable, so where exactly did you get evidence of these fallen angels you speak of ?

I would assume they're in the mythology section of your encyclopedia no?

Ah, don't tell me, it's a matter of faith ie believing in the existence of something without evidence, none required, not far removed from delusion no ?

You didn't address my point. Your answer is another subject altogether. The age of the book has no relevance to the age or information, true or false, unless it is a new addition and then it can be deduced the information was probably learned since the last volume.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join