It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Point Your Religious Finger At Me !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Firstly No Religious Order is right,,, Your faith has been misplaced and misused all this time, yes they are taking advantage of your lack of insight and clarity,, God doesn't even exist,
And the bible is without doubt the word of MAN rather than God, no matter which bible you read!

"Cultist, Controlling and Evil in Essence" ~ Catholicism.

There IS a point to what you will read ahead,,,

Have you missed or dismissed the facts that are available which pre date even the
"ten commandments" and "1st bible" and every other bible and scripture from those times and everyone which is mentioned in them?,
The writings/paintings are literally on the walls of caves and temples and pyramids all over the world depicting the same kinds of things,
but how would they know in ancient America what the ancient Egyptians were drawing to get the same kinds of pictures?
Humans were around way before written word like in the bible so it is their art which shows us these facts and scale of time, paintings and symbols and carvings which have remained unchanged and have not been modified to fit any modern beliefs so that would mean they must be those cold hard facts we have all been looking for!,,, or not if your DEFIANTLY religious! So if you are, then that means that you'd be closed minded, narrow sighted, unwilling to listen to reason, unwilling to learn the truth, the real truth.

So are you religious?,,,
If so i guess by being religious you then believe that nothing happens by coincidence because according to gods "word" it is all by design!
So is it coincidence that all of these art works by early humans that depict the same beings/people and symbols that we find in other parts of the world? don't forget travel was limited to the continent, they had no means of traveling overseas! (unless god parted them),,
(but wait, this is way before gods birth!)
Humans are more ancient than god ("who is apparently just over 6 thousand years old,, depending on your religious beliefs and of course if i got that guess is right or came even close"),
theres also the FACT that its written that "god" created the earth etc etc in 6 days, really?, i thought that earth was more like in the billions of years old,,
so if god is supposed to have been around 6 thousand years ago and the earth,,,,, well its just not making sense or even adding up is it!

Then theres heaven, where would that be then?,,, well it used to be up where the clouds are (if im guessing correctly),
but then we explored the clouds and of course heaven mysteriously moved up to beyond there and into space,
(is this what they mean by "god works in mysterious ways", is that when they come up with that saying, to explain why heaven apparently moved?)
oh and then we explored way up there in space too and wouldn't you know,, heaven wasn't there either,, "heaven sure is good at hiding!"
Ive even heard speculation that it was at the very center of our galaxy,,,
ah but then we had a good look there too and theres only a black hole there, Will it be in there then??

C'mon people pull your heads outta your a$$es,
and for some people pull your a$$es out of your heads.
I would say wake up and smell the coffee but its cold and moldy by now, but its still not to late to get the truth, and when they say the truth will set you free they really mean it, it will be a scary freedom for some!
keep your faith if you like but at least give up the evil that is the religious establishments.

RELIGIOUS ORDER,,,,, hmmm could that actually mean ORDER BY RELIGION,, naaaahh they wouldn't do that to us ,,, would they??

thats why its there people!

"Illuminati",, The signs are everywhere, The intent is there,
Just ask Bush Snr oh and Bush Jnr etc etc etc.

Conspiracy IN Religion, i will have to put it as Religion IS Conspiracy.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by heretic today gone tomorr]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
How do you feel about spirituality in general? Is a person's need to get in touch with their "spiritual side" a conspiracy?

I don't doubt the fact that many in the past have used guilt, fear and a person's desire to become more spiritual as a means of control. That does not mean you can know all there is to know regarding this based on the paintings in caves from thousands of years ago.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Medicate -
breath - go back to school.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by heretic today gone tomorr

Now you got that off you chest, care to mention any particular event that has pushed you enough to post? Or is this an accumulation of being pissed off from years of deluded people trying to dictate how you should live, and ATS is a good place to ask them to prove their case.

S&F just for the time it took to type your post

[edit on 4-2-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
You're just another cocky guy with some newfound info.Let me tell you, your arguments are brutal. Like for example you think that since the bible is 6000 years old that must be how old God is lol. I have the 2008 encyclopedia set...guess that means the info in it is only 1 yr old! Also, you forget that we don't know what information or whatever fallen angels shared with man when they were cast down. Let me put it this way i've answered a lot tougher questions in my own mind about my faith and the answers only come with patience.
There are people out there who think the joke is on YOU.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I have the 2008 encyclopedia set...guess that means the info in it is only 1 yr old! Also, you forget that we don't know what information or whatever fallen angels shared with man when they were cast down.

You must admit that most info in encyclopedias is verifiable, so where exactly did you get evidence of these fallen angels you speak of ?

I would assume they're in the mythology section of your encyclopedia no?

Ah, don't tell me, it's a matter of faith ie believing in the existence of something without evidence, none required, not far removed from delusion no ?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I agree there should be no finger pointing. Finger pointing only tries to assess guilt on someone else. So, I would ask you then, please don't do the same thing you accuse others of doing. It certainly does not make your case any better than theirs.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
As a non believer here is how I see it....when a believer talks to someone who isn't there it's called praying. When I do it it's a reason to put me on medication

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
As a non believer here is how I see it....when a believer talks to someone who isn't there it's called praying. When I do it it's a reason to put me on medication

Ah, but the jesusgod is not there, he's here inside you you must open your heart to the holy spirit and allow him to consume you with his love. Only by opening your heart to the lord, and understanding his word can, you reach the place of peace and know that through the sacrifice of his only begotten and our acceptance of this blood offering of the lamb of god will we sit at the right hand of god.

There you go, I can talk absolute nonsense with great authority and not need medication lol

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

You said the truth in jest.
Actually people have been known to be born-again by that very tactic!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Fair enough well said.
But you know what?
Id rather be hangin out with Jesus, than I would with any of the others.
Word to the wise.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I read just a few lines into your opening post in regard to your thread and just stopped reading. Why? Basically because all you are projecting is a deep anger and hatred, and anyone, with that combination existing in their heart has no clear insight into spiritual matters, much less the real word.

No wonder you think there is no God.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Fellow, heretic, I agree and sympathize with most of what you said, but Iamonlyhuman beat me to it. It seems to me that you're the one pointing the finger here... at religious people.

Preaching is a 2-way street.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

explain further, You are talking about the Judeo-Christian, Old-Testament God... correct?
And then including the Christ followers as the 'finger Pointers'...

... there's good & not good in any group of people,
the 'finger-pointers' truly believe they are leading you towards the right path... you must find pity for them instead of scolding/reproaching them for their delusional sanctimony.

do i hear an Amen?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Apparently someone has been trying to give you a hard time about your faith or lack of.

I am a Christian but I get the finger pointed at me often. Some folks think they have the right to judge my christianity and measure my faith.

I was raised in the church and later went to theology school just so I could find answers to my questions. But, since I don't attend church services the "holier than Thou Christians' think I am heathen.

My God is with me. I don't have to go find him in a building.

I do understand how pushy Christians can leave a very bad taste in your mouth. When they get on my case I chew them up and spit them out. They are only hurting their effort to show people who and what God is about.

I very much respect your right to have your beliefs. I do ask that you don't put all us Christains in the same bag and judge us by the actions of a few misguided do gooders.

Those fingers that are pointing and judging you and me really need to be pointing at their owners.

You do not believe in God. I do believe in God. No one has the right to judge either of us.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
How do you feel about spirituality in general? Is a person's need to get in touch with their "spiritual side" a conspiracy?

I don't doubt the fact that many in the past have used guilt, fear and a person's desire to become more spiritual as a means of control. That does not mean you can know all there is to know regarding this based on the paintings in caves from thousands of years ago.

I suppose it feels more comfortable believing in god and have the comfort of heaven in the after life, but my heart & mind wont have it as i cannot deny the facts of life.

I don't think i can answer your question as i can't say for sure how i "feel" about spirituality, but i do believe in the spirit, Ora.
and i can say its not a conspiracy to get in touch with your spiritual side, summoning spirits would be frowned at but still nothing to point the conspiracy stick at.

you're absolutely right in saying that i cannot know all there is to know about this, but there is vastly more FACTS and reference to what I'm talking about, compared to what there is for religion and god.
As Humans go back to at least 2 million or so years ago, its only best guess as to when EXACTLY we started drawing and carving what we seen around us. but you can be sure its still well over 1 million years ago, which still pre dates God and religion.
There is of course the Archaeological and paleontological facts to prove this.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

So, I'm wondering how your doctrines here square with Christian doctrine? You've been to theology school so you could probably tell us. Is this the doctrine of separation you're preaching? How about the doctrine of punishment or redemption or salvation? Does that square with what you're saying? I think you have to take it all together and not pick and choose what is comfortable for you.

We're commanded to preach the gospel (good news) and make disciples. Should we stop preaching the gospel because someone says they're offended? Or is it just that person we should avoid? What if that person is a heroin addict with HIV and is suicidal? Should we leave them alone then too? Doesn't the last beatitude promise us something for being reviled for sticking up for Jesus? I'm not condoning attacking people and trying to convert them against their will (as if that would accomplish anything) but I am for speaking the truth and contending for the faith.

The world is a noisy place so we have to speak up to be heard. If they find it annoying, it's because it isn't what their itching ears want to hear. They can hit the 'ignore' button here if it's too troublesome.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Id really like to know which medicine you have in mind for me to "medicate" with, or was it just a meaningless statement with no follow up?

And School Religious Education class (Im not catholic) only gave me the bibles view not the facts and evidence to the contrary,
and even back then i was dismissed from class for even suggesting anything else which contradicts the bible.
so i really dont need that again.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
god could exist, but not this god you religious guys think you know .... this is all bull# and I agree with the op ...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hi
I agree hertic
Seems like every where I go,football player makes a touch down,thank god,I always here oh my god,look a street corner there is a guy with a sign jesus saves,give it a rest already.I know Iam tired of it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join