It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Launches Middle East's First ComSat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Guys, guys, guys..

Please!!

It's a satellite. There is no bomb, or nuke, or detonation device on this...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

see it as you wish

without using proxy like Hezbullah and hamas and so on
you have nothing

Got nothing?

Exactly how much of the Middle East has to be reduced to rubble before it becomes 'something'?

Dude... No one ever said the Persians were stupid.

Of course, they are going to let the Arabs, who if truth be told the Persians have nothing but contempt, do the heavy lifting.

Once again, you undermine your own arguments as to the 'peaceful' nature of the Persians, as to the 'peaceful' intended use of this 'satellite'.

Would dragging out photos showing the 'Made in Iran' tags on the Grad missiles the terrorists are showering Israel help at all...

Or are you just TOTALLY blind to anything the Persians are doing?

Eh?

[edit on 5-2-2009 by golemina]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
It's a satellite. There is no bomb, or nuke, or detonation device on this...

Quite right.

Whatever the virues or vices of Iran, this is just a satellite. In the context of the (so called) developed world this is an insignificant feat. For Iran which is not a developed industrial nation it is a feat.

Regards

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Congratulations to Iran. I hope the next announcement is that they have an operational nuclear weapon as deterrent against Imperialist regimes.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by golemina

sure and you can happily show the made in America cluster bombs and other weapons used against palestinians

anyhow as i said before without Proxies there is jack all and i am going to end my reply to this topic

edit: i never said Iran were saints but compared to the Likes of Israel i would say so.
all countries arm others.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

edit: i never said Iran were saints but compared to the Likes of Israel i would say so.
all countries arm others.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by bodrul]

yet another attempt to rewrite history. Iran is the one chanting death to Israel and death to america. Where are the TV news recordings of the same in israel or America?

Iran since 1979 has been the vileness behind countless terror acts.

Soon very soon Iran will feel the wrath of God.

What is yet to be seen is how much damage Akmdindong can do before the Lord has had enough and pulls the trigger.

This sat has but one mission and that is to further Irans war against Israel and America.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by heliosprime]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I see from the anti-Iranian posts, that America and her proxy government's intolerance of Islam and and anything Islamic, has not changed with the election of Obama, as I knew it wouldn't.

In other words, for the American fascist, racist right wing supremacist white christian's, it's business as usual.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Well of course, what you expect? The American people did not elect Obama because hes pro-Muslim. They elected him because he can make good on his threat to take on Islam. Like for example firing missiles into Pakistan.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
As I see it, Iran isn't smart enough to build or operate a satellite. They simply pushed a button and it went up. Who is helping them with this satellite?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Well of course, what you expect? The American people did not elect Obama because hes pro-Muslim. They elected him because he can make good on his threat to take on Islam. Like for example firing missiles into Pakistan.

what is it with you and Islam and Muslims?
if you have anything against fanatics thats one thing,

anyhow what is Take on Islam suppose to be i would really like to know

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Iran has actually not attacked anyone else in 200 years. Thats quite a feat. Secondly, there has been no proof of Iran giving weapons to palestine for their "proxy" war. The US made a big announcement at one point of iranian weapons found, and these were to be shown on tv that night....but they somehow disappeared and were never mentioned again after that. Further, if the iranians were providing weapons to the palestinians, then why are the palestinians still defending themselves with under powered hunting rifles, and homemade fertilizer fueled rockets?
Irans technology is much better than that, and if palestine really had their backing, Israel would have lost tanks and gunship helicopters in their last attack. The guys here demonizing iran have obviously no clue of history, and they use all the unproven boogeyman propaganda claims as their defense. Israel has many times threatened air attacks and nuclear first strikes upon iran.... iran has not once said they would initiate a first strike upon israel....it doesnt get any more threatening than that, than a threat of nuclear first strike from a country that has over 200 nukes, and has attacked multiple countries in the last few years on bogus excuses.

Iran is the ONLY willing signatory to the IAEA AND the NPT, they willingly and compliantly put EVERY OUNCE of EU under those agencies locks, alarms, and cameras every hour of every day, and comply with all searches and investigations. The US does not do this....NOR does Israel. In fact, Israel threatens to kill IAEA inspectors who try to come, just as they kill Aid trucks whom they first let into palestine, JUST as they kill foreign reporters....with no accountability and no apology.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by pexx421]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fritz

In other words, for the American fascist, racist right wing supremacist white christian's, it's business as usual.

I'm NONE of those...

So how is your statement even appropriate?

How is it on topic?

And my objections to the presentation of so-called Iran's 'satellite' still stand.

To call everyone 'anti-Iranian' that disagrees with Persians actions is a rather broad brush to be painting ALL of the dissenters in this thread...

Don't you think?

And Pexx...

To say there is 'no proof' of the Persians supplying the terrorists...

Has got to be hard to pull off with a straight face, when you have Hamass fearless leader publicly thanking the Persians for the weapons...

Oops!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
As i said....what weapons? The persians have advanced weapons systems. but in all the videos you see (that is, if you bothered to look at any videos of the israeli slaughter of palestinians) you see a bunch of unarmed civilians fleeing. OOPS! So if the persians have been giving hamas weapons....where are they? Show me a single instance of a persian weapons system in palestinian hands taking down an israeli gunship. Or a single anti tank weapon taking down some heavy armor? The palestinians are fighting with hunting rifles and makeshift rockets and rocks....i suppose these are the weapons that you assert persia is supplying them with? OOOooo! scary. They must be punished then, im sure.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

So the ME anchorlady was mistaken when she was chuckling because a 'Grad' was fired from the lower levels of her networks building?

It's really a shame when a good thread gets thrashed when folks start crashing it with endless volleys of pure (and wholely unsubstantiated) rhetoric.

Happy Israel bashing my friend.

I'm out.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As i said, there is very little evidence that iran is providing any serious support to palestine. Show us. Besides that, Iran DID state that they have the right to support any group who is trying to defend themselves from an invasion and oppression. And whatever small support they give (if any) is not nearly the level of support the US gives Israel in the midst of their war which was condemned by every other nation in the UN. Why is it ok for the US to support aggressive warlike regimes, but when anyone else does it, it is "supporting terrorists"?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I really can't be bothered any more. Iran launched a harmless civvie ComSat and is roundly condemned by the US and it's proxy governments who believe this will lead to an ICBM attack on the America, Israel or their allies.

Much in the same way that the Pentagon, via it's proxy NASA, launches ReconSats and the NRO launches from Vandenberg Air Force Base.

To me, it's another case of: "Don't do what we do, do what we say!"

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

So the election of obamassiah was supposed to change all hearts and minds wordlwide?

Perhaps before spewing such hate yourself, it is mirror time.

Iran does this daily it seems.

The slogan "Death To America" was chanted in Iran during the revolution in 1979 and it became a part of all state-organized demonstration, where sometimes U.S. flags are also burned.

Now an Iranian journalist has raised an important question regarding what has become a ritual in the Islamic republic.

Mazdak Ali Nazari writes that "the time has come to think about the necessity of eliminating the 'Death to America' slogan."

www.rferl.org...

Based on these images can america really think the launch was just a "comsat"?

[edit on 7-2-2009 by heliosprime]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime Perhaps before spewing such hate yourself, it is mirror time.

I fail to see how my pointing out that Iran's successful launch of a ComSat is spewing hate.

If anybody is preaching racial hatred here in this thread, it is the Muslim and Jew hater alike.

'Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

Originally posted by heliosprime Perhaps before spewing such hate yourself, it is mirror time.

I fail to see how my pointing out that Iran's successful launch of a ComSat is spewing hate.

If anybody is preaching racial hatred here in this thread, it is the Muslim and Jew hater alike.

'Nuff said.

You seem to always leav out the fact that akmadingdong and his "associates" are '12er's".

The 12th Imam: What Is An Imam?
What is the 12th Imam? According to Islamic belief, an Imam is an anointed leader or ruler. Especially among the Shia beliefs an Imam is thought (though not required), to be a prayer leader or cleric when the word is capitalized. Sunnis too believe an Imam may be a prophet; Shiites believe not all prophets can be an Imam but an Imam can also be a prophet. An Imam is said to be anointed by Allah and a perfect example of leading mankind in every way. .....

"snip"

Remarkably, the 12th Imam theory plays heavily into the world’s current concerns with Iran. The Shiite Muslim President of Iran, Ahmadinejad, is deeply committed to the Islamic Messiah, al Mahdi. There have been many through the years claiming to be the Hidden Imam but Ahmadinejad believes he is yet to come. He claims that he is to personally prepare the world for the coming Mahdi. In order to save the world, it must be in a state of chaos and subjugation. Ahmadinejad claims he was “directed by Allah to pave the way for the glorious appearance of the Mahdi”. This apocalyptic directive includes some very scary proclamations.

www.allaboutpopularissues.org...

Let's see.... a complete belief in the 12th imam, building nuclear bombs, building ballistic missles (for launching sat's of course) but capable of sending nukes down range to OH...say....Israel and America..

Such is "peaceful" Iran............

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I finally remembered to correct you on one of your errors in this (and other threads
)...

You've stated that Iran doesn't directly attack sovereign nations...

What do you call the attacking of the the US Embassy and the Embassy staffs captivity that went how many days?

Did it slip by you that an embassy is considered part of that sovereign country?

So can we just toss out the balance of your argument... So much for Iran's peaceful intentions?

Heh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join