It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Launches Middle East's First ComSat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Iran launches the first MidEast ComSat. Good for them.

Immediately, without giving them a chance, the American Hawks are saying this will lead to a nuclear missile aimed at the very heart of Israel - or words to that effect.

How does this pan out? Do Americans really believe that in a few years, Iran will be able to start lobbing nuclear missiles all over the place?

Is this the pre-cursor to military intervention?

If so, then the election of Barak Obama has changed nothing. Will America ever learn from past mistakes?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
In fact this launch could be a first strike against america. It could be a nuclear device that will decend over the middle of america, say, kansas, detonate and the EMP would cripple communications.

Iran would claim it was an accident caused by the decaded orbit of the nuclear powered peaceful sat launch. An honest mistake in the eyes of the UN. Obamassiah would never strike back for and honest mistake...

As america deals with the sudden plunge into darkness, Iran tries to "lightup" Israel, but Israel takes them out first...........

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Iran launches the first MidEast ComSat. Good for them.

Immediately, without giving them a chance, the American Hawks are saying this will lead to a nuclear missile aimed at the very heart of Israel - or words to that effect.

How does this pan out? Do Americans really believe that in a few years, Iran will be able to start lobbing nuclear missiles all over the place?

Is this the pre-cursor to military intervention?

If so, then the election of Barak Obama has changed nothing. Will America ever learn from past mistakes?

So your a hawk if you believe a fanatical religious regime simulataneously developing uranium enrichment and rocket technology whilst being an existential threat to a neighbour, is worrying?!

Your right, i mean the live television broadcast with the president surrounded by the military elite chanting "allah akhbar" sends a very re-assuring image...

It makes you comfortable labelling people with an oppostion to the religious theocracy "hawks", as it helps further your agenda, which most likely is anti-semetic/zionist.

You question whether the american public believe Iran will have the ability to start "lobbing" missiles all over the place. Please do some simple math, Iran has been aggressively testing and upgrading its ICBM technology, enriching uranium against UN law and then threatens to destroy the "stinking corpse" Israel. Yet you have the audacity to judge those who have legitimate concerns...

[edit on 4-2-2009 by theblunttruth]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth Yet you have the audacity to judge those who have legitimate concerns...

That audacity as you call it mate, was born out of three operational tours during the Oman conflict and countless outings across the water to Northern Ireland.

Whilst I am no expert on the Middle East and it's protagonists, as you claim to be, I fail to see the leap from a simple ComSat to multiple warheads descending across the continental United States.

I am not a Zionist. There is no Werner von Braun or Gerald Bull lurking in the ME and it is absurd to think there is.

There are no Wonder or Vengeful weapon systems and to say that Iran is somehow developing a working and deployable ICBM or
Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile on the basis of one successful launch of a ComSat is quite frankly, childlike in its naievity.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Well first off, i'm not your "mate". Secondly, the only naivety on display here is your own. Your post conveniently lacks any reference to contemporary developments within the Middle East, most notably Irans ICBM "Shahab3/4" development, its enrichment in defiance of UN sanctions, its arming of militias throughout the middle east fermenting instability. Don't make your lack of substance a platform to incinuate that my opinions are based on that of a single satellite launch. If your not able to grasp the politics and realities of all this then please refrain from branding a legitimate concern as folly.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 4-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

yet that fanatical religious regime as you put it
hasnt attacked a country directly in decades, yet that country even againt being sanctioned and other acts for doing what any soverign country has a right, has Built and launched its own sat into orbit which is the least you can say about most countries in the middle east.

also Under International laws Iran is allowed to produce and refine uranium for use in its reactors.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

>'...hasnt attacked a country directly in decades...'

Aye! THERE is the rub.

DIRECTLY... You're kidding right?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
LOL if this Allah Akhbar satellite even posed the smallest threat it would be blown out of the sky hahahaha.
What a load of religious rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

whats a allah akbar satalite?
i find it humrous that a muslim country launches it own satelite and we an attack on a Faith from some people

reply to post by golemina

please enligten me on the countries it has attacked in the last few decadees

[edit on 4-2-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

That is a mighty fine parser you are using there Bodrul.

Do the words Hezbollah and Hamas have ANY meaning to you?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

supporting groups like the US does and did?
like israel does with the kurds and like many other countries?

show me where Iran has struck first in a war
invaded another country.
and dont bring in proxies

its a challange

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

No proxys?

That is quiet the set of limitations you seem intent on imposing on particpants in your thread.

With the type of blinders you insist on folks using when discussing the Persians ACTIONS, is it any wonder...

NO ONE is buying the benevolent nature of this latest addition to our night skys?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

how is it limited?
its a simple question

which country had Iran attacked in the last few decades
if your so sure it would be easy for you to answer

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Truth be told... It's NOT that simple a question...

Since YOU are not allowing the use of the 'proxy' word.

We'll just call it another one of those rhetorical/semantics thingies and call it a day, OK?

As always Bodrul, it's been a pleasure.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

see it as you wish
without using proxy like Hezbullah and hamas and so on
you have nothing

unlike the US,Isreal other countries who use proxies but have attacked and inavded others

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

how is it limited?
its a simple question

Iran-Iraq war, an 8 year war in which is one of the bloodiest wars in written history. Iran also used chemical and biological weapons, as did the Iraqis. The ruling Mullahs had only been in power for over a year and Khomeini famously stated the war was a "god send". Selective memory if ever i've seen one...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

Originally posted by theblunttruth Yet you have the audacity to judge those who have legitimate concerns...

That audacity as you call it mate, was born out of three operational tours during the Oman conflict and countless outings across the water to Northern Ireland.

Whilst I am no expert on the Middle East and it's protagonists, as you claim to be, I fail to see the leap from a simple ComSat to multiple warheads descending across the continental United States.

I am not a Zionist. There is no Werner von Braun or Gerald Bull lurking in the ME and it is absurd to think there is.

There are no Wonder or Vengeful weapon systems and to say that Iran is somehow developing a working and deployable ICBM or
Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile on the basis of one successful launch of a ComSat is quite frankly, childlike in its naievity.

Um -- yet this is exactly what George Bush did - the commander in cheif of the Us military - stated quite clearly that God Told him to invade Iraq -

The US has invaded overtly or covertly, or assisted, over 200 military engagements - (You can check this in a book called nemenis page 18) I think we all know who we need to fear here mate.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth

Originally posted by bodrul

how is it limited?
its a simple question

Iran-Iraq war, an 8 year war in which is one of the bloodiest wars in written history. Iran also used chemical and biological weapons, as did the Iraqis. The ruling Mullahs had only been in power for over a year and Khomeini famously stated the war was a "god send". Selective memory if ever i've seen one...

Iraq attacked Iran with the assistance of the US = please get your facts straight, Iran acted PURELY in self defence.

YOu have abslutely no idea of history.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

news.bbc.co.uk...

Iraq invaded Iran on 22 September 1980, triggering a bitter eight-year war which destabilised the region and devastated both countries.

The then Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein claimed as a reason for the invasion a territorial dispute over the Shatt al-Arab, the waterway which forms the boundary between the two countries.

you were saying?
Iraq started the war and not Iran so you must be able to do something better then that then a war started by Iraq and supported by the UNITED STATES thanks to their personal grudge against Iran

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth

So your a hawk if you believe a fanatical religious regime simulataneously developing uranium enrichment and rocket technology whilst being an existential threat to a neighbour, is worrying?!

Agreed, Israel already has nuclear weapons and rocket technology - and no shortage of religious fanatics, in fact the country is built on religion - and is busily posing an existential threat to the Palestinians. So yes, it is worrying.

Or were you talking about someone else?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join