It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blisters on hands and feet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
For 7 years I had reoccurring blisters on the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet. The skin would die and peel off in sheets. I went to Dr. after Dr. and no one helped. They said it was eczema and I would suffer with it the rest of my life.

Well, it turns out that it was not eczema. It was a fungus. I put bleach on the areas and it is is completely gone and has been for over a year. I spent hundreds of dollars on medicine when all I needed was about $1.00 worth of bleach.

I just wanted to post this in case anyone else is having the same problem.

Also, I believe this is caused by the overuse of anti bacterial soap. Triclosan is used in antibacterial soap. Google it, you will be shocked. Triclosan kills bacteria, but it also kills the good bacteria which is why, I believe, I developed the problem in the first place. They actually put triclosan in some toothpaste. Don't use it!

I hope this helped at least one person.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm glad you got rid of yours. I have dyshrotic eczema, or pompholyx, same thing different name.

en.wikipedia.org...

I've had it for about 6 yrs now. I've tried everything from bleach, to peroxide, to vinegar, to creams, lotions, oils, lidocane, etc. Nothing has got rid of it. I usually always have some blisters, but when it flares up, it gets awful. The burn and the itch is so intense.

I'm glad you got rid of yours and hope it stays away.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I used to mix anti-bacterial soap with powdered sugar to kill black ants. I guess ants also have a form of bacteria they need to survive? idk Something in the soap 'apparently' killed them.

I sometimes get a reaction to certain dishwashing liquids like Dawn and a few others. I use Palmolive and usually use a brush rather than a sponge to keep it off of my hands. I wonder if regular pool swimmers are healthier or worse off since pool water uses clorine etc.

For many years I didn't use body wash and now that I do, my skin looks old, dry and wrinkled. I've heard about healthy bacteria on our bodies before and it does make sense that we go too far with antibacterials and antibiotics without replenishing what we normally should have in a symbiotic relationship.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

They're not. Chlorine can be absorbed through the skin.

Anti-bacterial soaps and what not should be avoided. Otherwise the immune system would not have much anything to do and will start attacking one's own cells. It should be kept busy.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Run a hot bath,

Use a new pair of women's tights with very fine mesh.

In one of the feet bit of the tights put a couple of cup fulls of ORGANIC Natural muesli (the type with NO nuts/fruits/berries AT ALL) in it,with a large tablespoon of ORGANIC natural original not synthetic but real Porridge Ots.

Tie said tights around hot water tap, so as the bath fills its runs over this "ball" of natures wonder.

Soak, use no soap to wash.

Rinse with shower.

Do this 3 times over a week.

Use non aluminium deoderant, and switch to vinegar for cleaning glass windows, and plant based products for furniture polish etc, dump all plug in air freshners, and aerosols.

Buy some Rose quartz, put it by your bed, stop using biological or chemical washing powders for the clothes go for plant based.

Very very surprised if after 3-4 weeks you are still suffering.

If the OP's advice is not effective or the same type of Dermatitis try this it does help immensely.

Kind regards,

Elf.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have had that off and on for years due to a medical condition I have. Chamomile works A LOT better and you don't have the chemicals' that are in bleach to worry about. Now with the chamomile it HAS to be the real thing the WHOLE flower top not the shredded up stems and leaves they pass as tea.
All you do is put about a 1/4 cup of it in boiling water (like 4 cups) wait 2 minutes, remove from heat and then let it steep at least 15 minutes; then add it and bit of cool water to a big bowl and soak hands or feet.
all better in one treatment!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have found it very difficult to find soaps that are NOT antibacterial. So I have decided to make my own. Instead I use the foaming soap bottles, put in a little bit of bubble bath and fill with water. Shake well and there you have it, a soap that cleans your skin without killing all the good bacteria.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My best friend has eczema. She puts Aveeno lotions and things on her skin and that really helps.

This doesn't sound like it, though. It could be a random dermatitis.
Fungi usually do peel off in sheets, I'm not sure about causing blisters though.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I thought that was what I had also. Mine looked exactly like those pictures. Absolutely disgusting. The bottoms of my feet were covered.

Are you sure that it is not a fungus? Do you use antibacterial soap? Also do you ever wear those rubber garden gloves for any reason? I think that also triggered mine.

I hope you find a cure. I know how difficult it is to have it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I completely agree with you.

You know, we all did just fine with just soap and water. Then they scare us into thinking that we all needed the antibacterial stuff. Now everyone is sicker than ever. Our bodies will take care of us if we just let them.

The store shelves are almost all antibacterial and it is more expensive. The best stuff is the least expensive. Give me a nice bar of Ivory and I am happy.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

I have been using Kirts Castille soap for the past year. I also got a script from the dr for a strong steriod. I didn't want to use it, but he said that if I put a little on at the beginning of the outbreak it would stop it, and so far it has. I've been using it very sparsely. I always have the blisters and the rough sandpaper like skin, but so far the skin cuts and bloody open wounds have been less and less.

If it wasn't so gross, I'd post a photo. ;(

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Yes, way too many antibiotics. I take probiotics especially when I am forced to take antibiotics which isn't too often.

It took me many years, but I am finally learning to take care of myself and not depending so much on doctors.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Steroid shots helped mine but it always came back. Several doctors told me it was eczema. I believed them. They were wrong. I am so happy to finally be over it. But if I accidently use antibacterial soap, I will get a small blister or two, but nothing even close to what it was.

I believe this is a widespread problem and some people do not know what is causing it.

Your pics would not gross me out, because I looked at my own for so long plus I scoured the internet trying to learn about it and saw tons of pics. I understand about you not wanting to post them though. I always tried to hide my hands from people. It was embarrassing to accept change at stores.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I have not had an antibiotic in my system since I was a child, which was over 30 yrs ago. I dont' use antibacterial soap. I don't even use commercial laundry soap, I make my own.

When I swim in the pool with an outbreak, it burns like crazy. The chlorine burns my skin and makes my outbreak a whitish color.

Kirts Castille soap is made with cocoanut oil and has no animal or veg by products in it at all. It's very nice soap and it's gentle.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When I was in Iraq, there were people getting this nasty fungus that mad their toes turn blue and purple and swell up like vienna sausages. Nice huh?
Only thing that got rid of it effecively was to use an oral antifungal that is usually used for yeast infections.
Some of the guys were reluctant to do so but it worked.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I'm glad you got rid of yours. I have dyshrotic eczema, or pompholyx, same thing different name.

en.wikipedia.org...

I've had it for about 6 yrs now. I've tried everything from bleach, to peroxide, to vinegar, to creams, lotions, oils, lidocane, etc. Nothing has got rid of it. I usually always have some blisters, but when it flares up, it gets awful. The burn and the itch is so intense.

I'm glad you got rid of yours and hope it stays away.

I had exactly the same thing and spent thousands on creams, treatments, lotions and potions.
If I was told to dance naked around a flag pole at midnight to get rid of it I would have tried that too.
I had mine for around 15 years, it wwas so bad that I was unable to even do up my shirt buttons without my hands bleeding due to swelling and weeping, I would also find that I was scratching and rubbing my hands in my sleep and was literally scraping the skin off.

I finally found a solution which has so far worked and now if I get an out break I only get one or two blisters.

First you need to get about 5 pairs of white cotton gloves and also disposable powder free latex gloves.
get a dermatitis cream, I have one called dermaid which dries up the blisters.

now you have to change your diet, avoid foods with additives in them, this site was good for that

www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info...

and you have to eat healthy, lots of water and fresh fruit and avoid fast food as there is something in the fat which does not agree with my body at least.

Now this may be a little personal, but you have to make sure you have a regular bowel movement almost everyday, but avoid chemical laxetives, use prune juice in little amounts to help flush out the body.

You wear the white cotton gloves when sitting around the house and using the computer ect..... also wear them when sleeping if you scratch in your sleep.
Use the latex gloves when cutting up fruit, vegtables and meats.

Try also to get a non perfumed moisturizer to use sparingly when the hands dry out and start to crack.

remember to change the gloves often and after a week or 2 you should start to notice a difference.

One major aspect of all of this is not to stress out, stress will bind up your system and force the toxins back into your body.

Also try and avoid foods which contain GM products.
I know of an Australian site, but unfortunately I can't recomend a site for any other country
www.truefood.org.au...

Hope it helps.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Awesome stuff munkey! Thanks for taking the time to post that information. Glad yours is better. I remember my feet hurting so badly I could barely walk.

Hope yours stays away like mine has. Z.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Just posting to say recently I have had blisters (small, filled with sebum) on my hands which co-insides with me working in a nursing home.. where I probably use about a litre of anti-bacterial soap a day to wash my hands with. Makes me think that maybe that's the reason for my blisters !

top topics

join