It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea preparing for ballistic missile launch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

North Korea preparing for ballistic missile launch

news.yahoo.com

North Korea appears to be preparing to test-launch its longest range ballistic missile, media reports said on Tuesday, stoking tensions just days after the reclusive state warned that the Korean peninsula was on the brink of war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
With all the saber rattling going on with N. Korea, one has to wonder what does Kim Jong-II want. Every time he wants something he threatens war. Frankly I do not feel that he is stupid enough or crazy enough to launch a ballistic missile at S. Korea and that would be the end of N. Korea in 24 min. or less.

With all this posturing it really makes me wonder, what is it this time? Your views.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I can't even begin to fathom what lurks in the mind of a mad man.

Whatever's up 'lil Kims sleeve you can bet that it bodes ill for everyone else.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Invade it from the NORTH for fark sake. Put it to an end, it's been long due.

Make a combined China-Russia-US bombers operations coming from the north so Seoul isn't wiped out. And make treaties so Korea is united under no influence from NATO or China.

We no longer can let die people in NK of starvation and we can let them run wild.

Make it looks like it's a Chinese operation so NK don't retaliate on Seoul.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
IMO kim has been dead and they're using a body double. but that's beside the point. War is coming to that region and the south knows it, they might aswell launch a military offensive and get it over with already.

Then again part of me thinks it's just a case of "whose is bigger" They may have balistic missles, but i won't be worried about them until they declare they've acquired a nuclear weapon and are aiming it south.

Now there is scary situation, but i mean just a few long range missles, pff, Obama would scramble some F-18's to blow those out of the sky.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

he wants a bail out

theres a zero % chance he wants war

he has a long record of crying wolf (as a guise to get handouts)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There's speculation as to whether Kim Jong Il is even alive at this point. Apparently none of N. Korea has seen him in a long time.

Is Kim-Jong Il still alive?
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What is needed is a revolution by the people against the NK government.

For goodness sakes the citizens can't even own a bicycle because it is a government law to keep the people from gathering together easily.

It would not surprise me if the people did try to revolt. They have about as many rights as a Christmas turkey and not fed near as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm unsure of your awareness on this issue, but NK does have nuclear weapons. And i still wouldn't be worried as China will keep them in check. NK isn't as crazy as they're made out to be. Neither is Iran for that matter, but thats another story.

Love and Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hey, doesn't North Korea share borders with People's Republic of China and Russia? And what would happen if they 'test' their ballistic missiles, which accidentally 'targets' either of the two giants? I guess if they want more radiation in that area, this could equate to less tourist visits. If the North and South wants to off each other, so let it be. It looks like no one cares if they wipe themselves from this world.

[edit on 2009-2-02 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Eh... a lot of people care about South Korea. A lot. I don't know why you think that.

Most people don't care about North Korea, but South Korea, they do.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So this guy is getting ready to test a long range ballistic missile. Great, so what else is he behind on? He has one we have 20,000. I understand he is a bit whacky but is he completely ignorant? Does he understand the retaliation that could follow? I bet he does, if this guy thought he had the upper hand for a millisecond would he have not already taken a swing?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I believe if you will google the Korean War Agreement of 1953 it will help you understand the situation better.

This whole North/South Korean thing is a real sticky wicket.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I support the creation of a missile defence system for reason that go somewhat off topic . So I think that if the missile defence system is ever going to get off the ground destroying a North Korean missile would be a good way to demonstrate that the system is viable as well as applying further pressure to the North Korean regime .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I like what another poster said "he want's a bailout", sure why not everyone else wants in on the gravy train.

Now whether he is in fact alive or not really becomes a moot point. The gov is run by hard liners and they are not about to admit that thy are wrong or doing anything that is not in the best interest of N. Korea. The next question is, should they in fact launch a ballistic missile and it doesn't exactly go where intended and hits either Japan, S. Korea, China or Russia then what are they going to say? There just would not be any suitable answer. Either thy get wiped out or taken over. There is no real fudge factor with this course of action unless N. Korea backs down and shuts up.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

War has been coming for some time now in that region and it is convenient for RAND who recommended to the US government that it needed another WAR to spend the US out of recession only a few months ago, that the US will of course get involved.
In one foul swoop, they could reinvigorate the US economy by buying and building masses of weapons for yet another war. They could get involved and cull their excess unemployed by forcing them into the army.

Ingenious move by the movers and shakers of this world!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
I support the creation of a missile defence system for reason that go somewhat off topic . So I think that if the missile defence system is ever going to get off the ground destroying a North Korean missile would be a good way to demonstrate that the system is viable as well as applying further pressure to the North Korean regime .

Cheers xpert11 .

I remember awhile ago there was speculation that US was going to try to target one of NK's earlier launches. They were saying they would blow it up as the missile launched, in it's very early stage. This may have been a year or 2 ago.

Does anyone remember that?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Any chance of revolt against the North Korean people is an extremely slim chance. They are absolutely petrified of their government and have been brainwashed for a very long time.

There was an inside reporter a while back that went into a family home of North Korea and did some other reporting there and they asbolutely worship the image of Kim because they have been forced to and know no other way. It is sort of like the notion of the fear of God....he will provide for you but if you dare go against him you will feel the wrath.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well saying he will never do it comes from the point of view of a sane person. Kim is far from sane. This may be a round about way of putting a bullet in his own head. Nobody today is "pro war" some people just see it as a solution. In todays world anyone who would use the atomic bomb unprovoked would be fairgame to the rest of the world.
Think about it if you were at a gun trade show and someone came in and lobbed a grenade into the croud what do you think would happen next?

[edit on by YoungStalin]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zachman225
reply to post by dizziedame

Any chance of revolt against the North Korean people is an extremely slim chance. They are absolutely petrified of their government and have been brainwashed for a very long time.

There was an inside reporter a while back that went into a family home of North Korea and did some other reporting there and they asbolutely worship the image of Kim because they have been forced to and know no other way. It is sort of like the notion of the fear of God....he will provide for you but if you dare go against him you will feel the wrath.

Agreed, I don't think it would ever happen, unless it happens from the "inside", inside his own regime.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join