It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl Ad / G.I. Joe trailer shows Eiffel Tower come crashing down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

didn't G.I. Joe do something like this before?

Now I'm not saying that the Eiffel Tower will come crashing down in the future... but I am saying that we should all be a littl upset that the world is going to see this ad tonight durring the super bowl... But we all have been so desesitized... it shouldn't matter.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Well, G.I. Joe looks like a pretty sweet movie, maybe they are trying to desensitize us some more, I don't know, I'm getting to the point of where I don't care anymore, I mean, there's nothing we can honestly do is there?

We have been so desensitized and fluoridated and dumb down that we don't care, we won't fight, we're placid and complacent.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

Let's see what other comercials they have prepared for the world.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1

Well, G.I. Joe looks like a pretty sweet movie, maybe they are trying to desensitize us some more, I don't know, I'm getting to the point of where I don't care anymore, I mean, there's nothing we can honestly do is there?

We have been so desensitized and fluoridated and dumb down that we don't care, we won't fight, we're placid and complacent.

-Lahara

now THAT'S what I'm talkin about!!!

please..... we need more people to think like this.

thank you for making an incredibly insightful and cooperative post.

star for you, slave.

-

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The boys and I saw that commercial and we are there! Good eye on the tower!

[edit on 1-2-2009 by antar]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Why do I keep hearing the Team America: World Police theme song?

It had the Eiffel Tower getting destroyed too.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I was wondering how long it would take you to post here!

The world wouldn't be right if u didn't!

The cartoon clip was interesting though. Oh to be young again.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

also terrorists were trying to do it in the beginning of Superman II

wonder how many other movies have this as part of the storyline?

-

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Why would anyone want to destroy the Eiffel Tower? Intimidate the French? What would that accomplish?

Maybe its like a supervillain steeping stone or rite of passage.

First you get a Corsican who singlehandedly takes over France.
Over a Hundred years later an Austrian leads the Germans to take over France in a month.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by prevenge

Why would anyone want to destroy the Eiffel Tower? Intimidate the French? What would that accomplish?

i'm not saying anyone in their right mind would want to.

but what other iconic structure could you see terrorists hitting in europe??

potentially they'd do this to mimic or spur another 9-11 type situation but this time in europe.

remember.. paris has a massive islamic population.
this means a higher number of potential fanatic fundamental muslims.

add to that a propensity for riots ..where they were burning cars in the streets.. and now millions protesting economic situations..

dunno.. but i can't think of a more ideal structure for terrorists to attack... and that's why it seems suspicious to me.

just giving you those aspects to think about, since you haven't been able to correlate those facts on your own.

I'm not a big alex jones supporter.. but i remember one thing he said once..
some security or swat person came up to him one time (so he says) .. and said something to the tune of ...
"you just wait jones.. everything you and your"movement" are doing.. will NOT be tolerated after the nuke goes off in paris"
(maybe someone can dig up where he said that if there are transcripts or something.. or if someone remembers. must have been some time in 08 or late 07.. )

i heard him say that and was like.. whaaaa? either he made that up out of left field .. just grabbing some random place.. to further bolster his conspiracy ideas...

or... someone actually said that to him.

so... take it with a grain of salt.

as for me, i'll comment here and there on boards like this.. but i'm quickly turning my mind away from conspiracies and more toward spiritual growth..
too much time wasting in fear mongering and speculation..
but i take a break and chat a bit here and there about the topic.
just don't obsess my life with it anymore... the fascination can turn and consume you, when there are more important things to be focusing on.

so to paris or not to paris... who knows..
i'm not worried about it.
it could happen anywhere..

-

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Are we really trying to link a CARTOON, that a lot of us grew up watching, with actual world events that are taking place? The first video shows Cobra Commander spewing out propaganda and then linking him to Osama Bin Laden! This is a little rediculous.

The same generation of cartoons gave us Transformers, He-Man, The Smurfs....and so on. Just because a cartoon had a doomsday feel to it does not make it real! They are making $$$$ off of us. THAT IS IT!!! $$$$. I for one am fine with that. I like the fact that they took Optimus Prime from the animated cartoons I loved as a kid, to the CG character that me and my son can enjoy together now. Does that mean that the movie producers know something that we don't? NO! It means that they wanted to see these characters come to life just as much as we did, except they have the means to do so.

Some people just need to relax. Enjoy life. I agree in fighting for what you think is right, but there is a huge difference between being FORCED to fight for something you believe in, and LOOKING for something to fight for.

G.I. Joe was a great cartoon that I have fond memories of watching on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. Leave it at that! Nothing more.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Chalk up another hit on the Eiffel tower then.
If it seems callous.. keep in mind, nearly every famous or semi famous landmark gets destroyed in movies.
I lost count of the time the Statue of liberty has been destroyed.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It's a movie, you can't really connect it with any conspiracy until after the fact, but about the superbowl, they showed roethlisberger, he almost made the first touchdown and was praised at the end, sounds paranoid, but after reading these forums... I picked steelers to win because of this guys name, roethlisberger, representing both illuminati superpower families, Rothschilds and Bilderberg, and I was right, shoulda made a bet, was the superbowl rigged? Az got so many more yard penalties than Pitt it was crazy, looked rigged to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

America F*** YEA ! Comin again to to save the Mother F***ing day YEA !!

I doubt trey parker and I have. They pretty much make fun of everything that us Americans and Humans for that matter fall for. It's Brilliant but it flys over most peoples heads.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by LucidDreamer85]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey guys glad to finally join ATS. Well personally im going to se this because i used to love the action figures and Cobra so this looks pretty promising but ya about the Eifel Tower, i agree with the above people that theres nothing we can do because our whole world has become desynthesized about these things.

Squid

new topics

top topics

join