It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octuplets' mother wants Oprah to turn her into a $2m TV star

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It seems the woman has achieved what she set out to achieve become world famous for having many many children. Isn't that quite an achievement. Can't dogs and piogs and other animals also have huge litters ? Do we applaud them for it?

Either way - she is on her way into your household! She hired an agent and will have a book deal and the movie of the month. Probably calling around as we speak trying to get Charlize Theron to play her.

"The mother of the longest-living octuplets in U.S. history is being deluged with offers for book deals, TV shows and other business proposals, but according to her publicist hasn't decided what she might do once she leaves the hospital.

Nadya Suleman, who gave birth to six boys and two girls a week ago remained hospitalized Monday at a Southern California medical center with her children.

On Friday she retained the Killeen Furtney Group public relations firm to handle what company President Joann Killeen says are hundreds of offers arriving by the day from all over the world. They include requests for paid interviews, TV show appearances, book deals and other opportunities.

Killeen says Suleman is "the most sought after mom in the world right now" but hasn't decided what she'll do next, other than care for her children. "

Fame

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I'm quite pro-life. However, she shouldn't have had 8 embroys implanted. Every medical reproductive expert reporting on this have stated that the most would have been 3. She already had 6 children, one who has special needs. So, she had NO BUSINESS going in for IVF>
So, should she have aborted them??? Maybe not...... however, these weren't immaculate conception. This was no accident. She purposefully went to a doctor and had more then double the reccomended embryos implanted, for I suspect money.
So, I agree with most. She is at fault. I beleive she should be jailed for child endangerment.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Whilst we can speculate on this woman's mentality, isn't it the system that has enabled her that is broken and needs fixing?

Book deals, TV shows, movies ... that a global community will create the demand for this - there lies the greater insanity.

She wants to launch a career as a child care expert ... well she could certainly write an ebook on how to milk the system using babies and make yet another fortune.

From another angle: my gran was youngest of 12 kids. They ran a fish and chip shop, so no millions there, however, they all grew into productive adults with families of their own and you can bet your ass that I'm personally glad her mom had such a large family

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hikix

Or, would it be better if she just had 8 abortions?

Best choice IMO

[edit on 3-2-2009 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here is an update. America is the one country where notoriety has more potential to make money than virtue. It's such an indictment that instead of scorning people for anti-social behavior we reward them financially and bestow on them great fame.

"NBC may have been the first network to feature America's most famous new mother, but don't expect it to be the last. A spokesman for Nadya Suleman -- the 33-year-old Californian who gave birth to octuplets in January -- says she's fielding multiple offers to star in her own reality series, appear in a film documentary, or write her own book. (Suleman has six other children, all under the age of 7.) "People who made the offers are very serious," stresses Michael Furtney, one of two publicists who began representing Suleman before her recent interviews on Today and Dateline. "As soon as we can get Nadya to sit down and focus on them, she will certainly take advantage of them."

Deals, deals deals

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join