It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octuplets' mother wants Oprah to turn her into a $2m TV star

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Octuplets' mother wants Oprah to turn her into a $2m TV star

www.timesonline.co.uk

THE single mother of octuplets born in California last week is seeking $2m (£1.37m) from media interviews and commercial sponsorship to help pay the cost of raising the children.

Nadya Suleman, 33, plans a career as a television childcare expert after it emerged last week that she already had six children before giving birth on Monday. She now has 14 below the age of eight.

Although still confined to an LA hospital bed, she intends to talk to two influential television hosts this week — media mogul Oprah Winfrey, and Diane Sawyer, who presents Good Morning America.

Her family has told agents she needs cash from deals such as nappy sponsorship — she will get through 250 a week in the next few months — and the agents will gauge public reaction to her story.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well at least we finally see the reasoning behind this woman's delusional need to be a mother. It's all about her and we are all going to give her the chance to become famous by watching shows she is going to be on, and buying all those tabloids with pictures of her and the 14 kids.

How very 2009 - people will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame and a few million dollars. Even have 14 children.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I dont think having 14 kids makes her an expert on anything other than crapping out kids. None of them will get the right amount of attention or discipline.

And odds are against her seeing all of them live to age 18. I bet some are lost along the way. Oprah should give her the dough to get her tubes tied and offer a million for every kid she gives up for adoption

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is a truly sad and blatantly obvious attempt at extorting money from a gullible American public by using those that are most vulnerable as a pawn in the game. Not unlike the Dionne quintuplets of Canada in the Great Depression. IMHO, this woman is nothing but a self-serving narcissist who needs professional help. Her doctors should be joining her.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I vote she get NO media attention - no help - and is made to put the children up for adoption if she is deemed unable to care for them on her own.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think Americans should write to Oprah and Diane Sawyer and tell them we think this woman is a psychotic scam artist and should not be allowed to be given credibility by being on either show.

Too many celebrities have sold their baby pictures to the media for millions, so how does a "professional student" get to make millions - she has to have many many babies. So what if a few might die in the process. So what if they will be raised by an egocentric nut and without a father?

Fame and money are the new God.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Where in the world did this woman get her ENTITLEMENT attitude!??!?

That is a big problem here, people expecting handouts from everyone. Why should she be given $2mil because she bred??

I am SICK of people getting paid to breed.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
It's all about her and we are all going to give her the chance to become famous by watching shows she is going to be on, and buying all those tabloids with pictures of her and the 14 kids.

Well it isnt surprising. That other insane woman with what is it, 18 children? Is splashed all over the media.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I really have nothing else pleasant to say about this. So I will stop now.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

At least this woman has both a husband and a private income. She may be living in some twilight world of God wants us to multiply and multiply and multiply.

But this one with the 14 children can't even look after herself, and now she wants people to pay her to show what a wacko she is. I thought freakshows were banned?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
She does seem to be in some odd religious fervor, but I dont think that the fact that she has an income and a husband makes it any less insane.

Of course that is just a personal opinion.

I find it repulsive that the media fawns over it, however. If she wants to treat her vajayjay like a clown car thats her business, but why they feel the need to publicize it all over the place is beyond me. Big deal. They can have sex. Clap. Clap. Clap.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

I agree with you that the woman should not profit.

If the public really wants to make it known to her that she is not respected? If she is on one of these shows, the audience should show the soles of their feet to her. It is an extreme insult in Arab culture.

Bad behavior is awarded in our culture. Look at the banking crisis - who is getting the money? Look at CEOs. Look at the politicians. We glorify destructive and dangerous behavior - not wisdom and grace.

There are days I despair of the human race.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Oprah will most likely be clamoring to get her on first, because she herself lacks the moral fortitude to decide against it when it means mo money and sensationalism for her greedy self. Yes I am on the 'I hate Oprah' bandwagon, since she came to our town and tried to make it look like some backwoods hick racist bigot filled city, truth is we had never had a racially motivated incident, but hey, TV is TV, and Oprah is queen of that, apparently she is not limited to telling the truth about what she wants to promote, so with no morals, and selfish motives, yeah, she'll do it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
CNN told the lady had been living on welfare with her other 6 kids. So yeah she did this to make some cash. I also found it strange that the lady had a pending case against her former employer for her getting hurt on the job. Is this woman money hungry?

By the sound of it the lady is a scammer. And if she is on welfare, why wasnt she made to have her tubes tied after all of those other kids? Seems to me we dont need to be paying for another 8 children as tax payers.

I have 3 kids and that is it. I am having a hard enough time feeding my oldest one that eats like a pig. But when folks are living on welfare and still want more kids there is a problem.

And how did she afford the fees for the fertility place? Some are saying she went to Mexico or some other country to have it done. Let me guess more tax dollars down the drain for her to get pregnant.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There was a movie.. The name escapes me at the moment, but I'll always remember the line

"You need a license to drive a car,
You need a license to fish,
but when it comes to making babies? Oh well, thats YOUR business... we wouldnt want to intrude"

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
$2 million? She should be in jail.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress
CNN told the lady had been living on welfare with her other 6 kids. So yeah she did this to make some cash. I also found it strange that the lady had a pending case against her former employer for her getting hurt on the job. Is this woman money hungry?

By the sound of it the lady is a scammer. And if she is on welfare, why wasnt she made to have her tubes tied after all of those other kids? Seems to me we dont need to be paying for another 8 children as tax payers.

I have 3 kids and that is it. I am having a hard enough time feeding my oldest one that eats like a pig. But when folks are living on welfare and still want more kids there is a problem.

And how did she afford the fees for the fertility place? Some are saying she went to Mexico or some other country to have it done. Let me guess more tax dollars down the drain for her to get pregnant.

Why? Because the American welfare system is a joke. It is a waste of tax payer money and there is no oversight. It is too easy to scam and that is want tons of people do.

On a Yahoo article yesterday, it said that this woman filed for bankruptcy already and that her mother has been to counseling because this woman is a leech and burden on her parents. She also has a degree in child adolescent development.
news.yahoo.com...

Nadya Suleman holds a 2006 degree in child and adolescent development from California State University, Fullerton, and as late as last spring she was studying for a master's degree in counseling, college spokeswoman Paula Selleck told the Press-Telegram.

Now that she is so schooled in kids, she could start her own cult with her plethera of kiddos running around

Knowing Oprah she will give in because Oprah is an opportunist at anyone's expense.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by inked up]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
This is a truly sad and blatantly obvious attempt at extorting money from a gullible American public by using those that are most vulnerable as a pawn in the game. Not unlike the Dionne quintuplets of Canada in the Great Depression. IMHO, this woman is nothing but a self-serving narcissist who needs professional help. Her doctors should be joining her.

you cannot compare the Dionne quints. I live where they were born, and everyone here knows they were taken away from their parents.

Fearing private exploitation, the Ontario government removed them from their parents and placed them in a specially built hospital under the care of Dr Allan Roy DAFOE, who had delivered them. Oliva Dionne fought a 9-year battle to regain them. In the interval, they became the country's biggest tourist attraction and a $500 million asset to the province. Three million people trekked to "Quintland" to watch the babies at play behind a one-way screen.

link:www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com...

They suffered horrible lives, and died penniless. cannot blame the parents in their case, only the greed of the province. And of course, there were no fertility drugs used back then.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The lady sounds like a "collector". When I did animal rescue it was quite the phenomenon...loving caring people who simply feel the MUST take n every stray or every SPCA wanton.

She clearly cannot manage with that many kids...unless she has a entire team. What arse of a doctor would agree to do this procedure for a woman who already has six kids?????

I had always figured it was primarily for those women and couples who have difficulty conceiving...

Not fair to the kids, the grandparents (who already have taken on much of their daughter's load), society....

Oprah should give this woman a kick in the backside or better yet...refuse to play the game.

Christ even Brangelina haven't collected that many kids and they can actually AFFORD to have that many and then some.

These aren't hockey cards, or Wedgwood pieces...these are people.

I truly hope O refuses to put his woman on her show, I hope no one gives her the attention she's seeking at the expense of eight little people.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

The lady sounds like a "collector". When I did animal rescue it was quite the phenomenon...loving caring people who simply feel the MUST take n every stray or every SPCA wanton.

She clearly cannot manage with that many kids...unless she has a entire team. What arse of a doctor would agree to do this procedure for a woman who already has six kids?????

Her mother said she has been obsessed with kids since she was a teenager and even tried getting pregnant! But she couldnt due to physical problems.

news.yahoo.com...
– The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said.

This woman has serious issues, and the children will be the victim of it unfortunately.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join